+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone remember Dennis Law’s handball goal against Wales at Ninian Park?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone remember Dennis Law’s handball goal against Wales at Ninian Park?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This whole Scotland thing has been exaggerated out of all proportion, Yes, Joe Jordan cheated but we were outplayed and lost 2-0 anyway and finished last in the group with a record of W1 D0 L3. In 1985 Scotland were awarded a (somewhat harsh) penalty after the ball hit one of our player's hands in the area. It happens. What are Scotland supposed to do? Turn it down?
    I’ve also always had that attitude to Maradona’s ‘hand of God’ goal. The English have labelled him a cheat ever since, ridiculous! What did they expect him to do? “I must confess ref, I punched it in”. Had, say, Gascoigne scored such a goal he’d have been labelled a cheeky hero, I can visualise The Sun’s headline ‘Gazza Hands It To ‘Em’, with a four page write up saying it was an act of genius. It was the officials faults for not doing their jobs, as it is in all wrong decisions.

Re: Anyone remember Dennis Law’s handball goal against Wales at Ninian Park?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve also always had that attitude to Maradona’s ‘hand of God’ goal. The English have labelled him a cheat ever since, ridiculous! What did they expect him to do? “I must confess ref, I punched it in”. Had, say, Gascoigne scored such a goal he’d have been labelled a cheeky hero, I can visualise The Sun’s headline ‘Gazza Hands It To ‘Em’, with a four page write up saying it was an act of genius. It was the officials faults for not doing their jobs, as it is in all wrong decisions.
    Ha ha ha! 100% "Take that Argies!".