+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember Dennis Law’s handball goal against Wales at Ninian Park?

Anyone remember Dennis Law’s handball goal against Wales at Ninian Park?

You may be interested in watching this, the “goal” is just as I remember it with Mike England claiming in an interview after the match that Law admitted it shouldn’t have been a goal.

I didn’t realise the match was played the day after the Aberfan disaster.

Wales passed it as bad as we do for most of the game and Kenneth Wolstenhome was definitely not impressed by us, but it’s worth a look at for the way spectators just kept on running on and off the pitch with nobody seeming that bothered about it.

https://youtu.be/VtZVNtjTRBY

Re: Anyone remember Dennis Law’s handball goal against Wales at Ninian Park?

More hard done to by the Scots posts is just what this board needs...

There doesn't seem to be much forgiveness on here , I bet some of you still hold a grudge against the Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    More hard done to by the Scots posts is just what this board needs...

There doesn't seem to be much forgiveness on here , I bet some of you still hold a grudge against the Romans.
    Anfield 77 is engrained in my heart young man. I can only forgive if and when Wales qualify for a World Cup Finals....and 85 was dodgy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Anfield 77 is engrained in my heart young man. I can only forgive if and when Wales qualify for a World Cup Finals....and 85 was dodgy too.
    I know . My shame is eternal .

I was here in 85 , some of the things said when Jock Stein died were poor.....

Strange to see so many of the crowd wearing shirts and ties. When did that stop happening?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Strange to see so many of the crowd wearing shirts and ties. When did that stop happening?
    Just after the romans invaded?

Cant say im suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don't see why that would mean that the Scots should be forgiven for cheating?

Off the topic slightly, was anyone else here at the City v Man City game, I think it was 1961/62 season when he deliberately broke Steve Gammons Leg? You could here the break from Canton Stand all across the ground, sadly ended a career that looked to be a very good one.

Pat Nevin was talking during Scotland’s win over Israel about their bad luck in qualifiers down the years, but then hesitated a bit and said something like people from Wales may think differently after Joe Jordan at Anfield.

I was too young to be at the Steve Gammon match, but my Dad always thought Law did it deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    When my Grandad was alive I don't think I'd ever seen him without a shirt and tie. Even in offices now they are disappearing fast.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Pat Nevin was talking during Scotland’s win over Israel about their bad luck in qualifiers down the years, but then hesitated a bit and said something like people from Wales may think differently after Joe Jordan at Anfield.

I was too young to be at the Steve Gammon match, but my Dad always thought Law did it deliberately.
    Paul, I’m very surprised at ‘Dennis’ instead of ‘Denis’. Although you’re in good company, apparently Dennis Bergkamp’s dad made the same mistake

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Paul, I’m very surprised at ‘Dennis’ instead of ‘Denis’. Although you’re in good company, apparently Dennis Bergkamp’s dad made the same mistake
    It’s Dennis because you dont want to mistake Denis for Penis or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It’s Dennis because you dont want to mistake Denis for Penis or vice versa.
    I think the Penis Law is there as punishment for size exaggeration. And it’s definitely Denis Law.

I’ve always spelt it with two nns - seems like I’ve been getting it wrong for nearly sixty six years .

I’ve always spelt it with two nns - seems like I’ve been getting it wrong for nearly sixty six years .

That’s ok Paull

I think the Penis Law is there as punishment for size exaggeration. And it’s definitely Denis Law.

Well he always was an obnoxious P..rick

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Well he always was an obnoxious P..rick
    As was his team mate.............Nobby Stiles

He certainly stiffed us

.... my Dad always thought Law did it deliberately.
    Is that him in the car driving round the pitch searching for a parking space?

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Is that him in the car driving round the pitch searching for a parking space?
    I’ve think I might have a stalker.

This whole Scotland thing has been exaggerated out of all proportion, Yes, Joe Jordan cheated but we were outplayed and lost 2-0 anyway and finished last in the group with a record of W1 D0 L3. In 1985 Scotland were awarded a (somewhat harsh) penalty after the ball hit one of our player's hands in the area. It happens. What are Scotland supposed to do? Turn it down?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This whole Scotland thing has been exaggerated out of all proportion, Yes, Joe Jordan cheated but we were outplayed and lost 2-0 anyway and finished last in the group with a record of W1 D0 L3. In 1985 Scotland were awarded a (somewhat harsh) penalty after the ball hit one of our player's hands in the area. It happens. What are Scotland supposed to do? Turn it down?
    I’ve also always had that attitude to Maradona’s ‘hand of God’ goal. The English have labelled him a cheat ever since, ridiculous! What did they expect him to do? “I must confess ref, I punched it in”. Had, say, Gascoigne scored such a goal he’d have been labelled a cheeky hero, I can visualise The Sun’s headline ‘Gazza Hands It To ‘Em’, with a four page write up saying it was an act of genius. It was the officials faults for not doing their jobs, as it is in all wrong decisions.

I’ve also always had that attitude to Maradona’s ‘hand of God’ goal. The English have labelled him a cheat ever since, ridiculous! What did they expect him to do? “I must confess ref, I punched it in”. Had, say, Gascoigne scored such a goal he’d have been labelled a cheeky hero, I can visualise The Sun’s headline ‘Gazza Hands It To ‘Em’, with a four page write up saying it was an act of genius. It was the officials faults for not doing their jobs, as it is in all wrong decisions.
    Ha ha ha! 100% "Take that Argies!".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post