+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sol vs Mick

Sol vs Mick

Sorry if this has been posted but apparently another side to the story

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...licly-21866879

Re: Sol vs Mick

The words with considering are "when I saw " ?? Perhaps someone leaked it onto social media and the club were unable to control the story?? Part of me thinks the club wouldn't want to appear so callous after what Sol had been through, football is a strange businesses .

Not really sure what Sol is playing at, no reason not to believe MM. I think Sol was very lucky to get his new contract under Warnock at his age.

Even if you don’t deliver MM the clues were there Sol, you were out of contract and hadn’t been offered a new one = released.

He’s got warnocks spin all over him. Shame as I like Sol but he seems to have a sense of self importance.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted but apparently another side to the story

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...licly-21866879
    I could not find the story amongst all of the pop ups and adverts, WoL has to be the worst website going

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I could not find the story amongst all of the pop ups and adverts, WoL has to be the worst website going
    It's awful isn't it.

I don’t even bother clicking on the link anymore. It’s as if they don’t want anyone to see how shite they are.

Download Adblock and/or 1Blocker, both free, I use both on all devices and they are very good.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    I don’t even bother clicking on the link anymore. It’s as if they don’t want anyone to see how shite they are.
    Mick McCarthy has denied Sol Bamba's claim he learned of his Cardiff City exit through Twitter.

In an interview with WalesOnline back in August, the Ivorian spoke about the sequence of events surrounding his eventual release back the Bluebirds back in the summer.

The defender said he was "shocked" and "heartbroken" when he saw on Twitter that the club had confirmed their retained list for the 2021/22 season and he was not on there.

Bamba, who last week retold his version of events in an interview with BBC Radio Tees, said he was disappointed with how the situation was handled and felt he deserved better from a club with whom he spent five successful years.

Bluebirds boss McCarthy, however, has a different recollection of how things panned out at the back end of last season.

"I saw [the WalesOnline interview], just after the start of the season and I was tempted to ring Sol and speak to him, but I thought I'd leave it and not give it legs, but it doesn't seem to be going away," McCarthy began.

"But the story that he wasn’t told, well that’s wrong because I told him. We had two or three meetings in my office.

"I don't know if there was some suggestion at some stage that there was a coaching role, but there was no coaching role. I can't make a coaching role for anybody and we have all the coaches in place.

"In terms of staying on as a player, I told him he wouldn't be getting a new contract. Hence the reason I put him on for a minute in the last game of the season. He got on, that was his last hurrah and his final game.

"So I was a bit surprised about that. He knew from me, but if he’s suggesting he hasn’t been told by anyone else, I don't know. But certainly from me, he was told he wouldn't be getting a new contract.

"In fact, I did offer him the opportunity, if he was staying in the area, to come back for pre-season if he wanted to keep himself fit to go on and get another club.

"I actually said that in the dressing room after the final game. He was told by the management, which is me."

When asked specifically about finding out on Twitter, McCarthy replied: "He didn’t [find out on Twitter]. I told him. He wouldn’t be getting a new contract and there was be no coaching role for him.

"That sounds brutal, that, now. It wasn't spoken like that. But it was told by me and I'm the manager of the club and that was understood.

"Whatever relationship he has with anyone else at the club, I can't do anything about that, but he found out from me, because I told him."

Bamba mentioned to BBC Radio Tees that Neil Warnock, the man who brought him to the Welsh capital and signed him up at Middlesbrough this summer, had mentioned something about how Cardiff had treated him.

"Even this morning the gaffer [Warnock] told me again, because it always pops up, 'The way they treated you was bad.'" Bamba said in the interview.

Whether the former Bluebirds boss is just stoking the flames or not is another question all together, however McCarthy shrugged off that notion.

"Well, we are playing them in a week's time, aren't we?", the Cardiff manager added.

"Warny is cute, he will wind it up! Whether he is doing anything behind the scenes because of this, I don't know. Me and Warny are good mates.

"That doesn’t bother me. What does bother me is some suggestion the club didn’t treat him properly.

"He has been a great servant, Sol, and I love the guy, he was great in training when he was here. But he did hear it from me and he was told in the right way.

"So I feel sad if he feels bad about anything."

Can't say fairer than that. All sounds good and proper to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    Dreadful you cant complete an article without being bombarded is it still part of the Mirror Group ?