+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

  1. #21

    Re: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ah, right. Dead man walking. Probably the same reason he failed to rouse his team for the Severnside derby a fortnight later….
    Of course, only he was a dead man crawling by then.

  2. #22

    Re: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Of course, only he was a dead man crawling by then.
    You think so? I was surprised when he left.

  3. #23

    Re: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

    Jones played the derby down but those games under him against Martinez and Rogers were some of the best. McCormacks penalty, Bellamy's thunderbolt, Chopras winner are all great memories. Those squads stayed pretty consistent back then too so the players had a proper rivalry. It's a lot more transient now.

  4. #24

    Re: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I disagree.
    At least Warnock could get his teams up for big games, something Jones rarely seemed capable of whilst he was with us.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVGyX-Q-6Y

    Maybe we don't need a cheerleader in order to have a decent atmosphere. Good football and good footballers will do the job.


    .........as expressed by 198bore

  5. #25

    Re: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You think so? I was surprised when he left.
    Really?
    I think most people expected his exit given it was a side that he assembled that was failing.

  6. #26

    Re: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVGyX-Q-6Y

    Maybe we don't need a cheerleader in order to have a decent atmosphere. Good football and good footballers will do the job.


    .........as expressed by 198bore
    You mean like Man United?
    Good footballers alone do not do a job of winning trophies.

    A good atmosphere and scintillating football is something we all want to see but surely ultimately success is what really counts

  7. #27

    Re: Has there ever been a lower key Cardiff v Swans game ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Jones played the derby down but those games under him against Martinez and Rogers were some of the best. McCormacks penalty, Bellamy's thunderbolt, Chopras winner are all great memories. Those squads stayed pretty consistent back then too so the players had a proper rivalry. It's a lot more transient now.
    They more often than not play like their lives depend on it, maybe it’s not such a big deal for our lot…..annoyingly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •