Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brentford

Brentford

Fair play to ‘em.

Re: Brentford

Indeed.
    Deserve at least a share of the spoils.

May lose tonight , pleased for thier fans they must have felt like the London underdog club for long .

What a display. I can't help wondering: are Tan, Choo and Dalman paying attention? And if so, what do they make of it?

I shouldn’t be like this, but I get annoyed when I see how teams like Brentford (who have spent nothing like we did in the Premier League) and Brighton have tackled being in the Premier League compared to us - Brentford have gone into the top flight with an attitude that puts ours to shame.

That was against the European Champions mind, took a hell of a goal to beat them. Never dropped their heads, not a sniff of throwing the towel in, width of a post denied them once or twice (but that’s football). That was a display that Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd would come off the pitch beaten but not bowed. I’ve every admiration for the way they’ve approached this season and grabbed it by the scruff of the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I shouldn’t be like this, but I get annoyed when I see how teams like Brentford (who have spent nothing like we did in the Premier League) and Brighton have tackled being in the Premier League compared to us - Brentford have gone into the top flight with an attitude that puts ours to shame.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It does smell of poor business planning , lack of knowledge , naivety, and inexperience, no background staff understanding of the Premiership .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It does smell of poor business planning , lack of knowledge , naivety, and inexperience, no background staff understanding of the Premiership .
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That was against the European Champions mind, took a hell of a goal to beat them. Never dropped their heads, not a sniff of throwing the towel in, width of a post denied them once or twice (but that’s football). That was a display that Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd would come off the pitch beaten but not bowed. I’ve every admiration for the way they’ve approached this season and grabbed it by the scruff of the neck.
    Here here.

I've just woken up, slept all day, was looking at the stats (that don't always tell the complete story) and wondering if Brentford had had another good game..
    What they are doing is brilliant.

The culmination of years worth of great planning, scouting, consistent coaching choices, a commitment to a style of play, selling top assets then reinvesting... All the the things Cardiff City seem incapable of or disinterested in attempting.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Here here.

I've just woken up, slept all day, was looking at the stats (that don't always tell the complete story) and wondering if Brentford had had another good game..
    Where where?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Where where?
    Piss off I've just woke up.

Piss off I've just woke up.
    Well it seems like you didn't get enough sleep

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well it seems like you didn't get enough sleep
    A little too much I think

Chelsea hung on, Brentford deserved at least a draw. I think their manager is top class, and how I would a midfielder like Norgaard down here.

They have had an identity for so many seasons, stuck to it and now reaping the rewards. The complete opposite of what we have done

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    They have had an identity for so many seasons, stuck to it and now reaping the rewards. The complete opposite of what we have done
    I disagree. We have an identity - one of whacking the ball forward as high and as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I disagree. We have an identity - one of whacking the ball forward as high and as long as possible.
    Sadly, you’re right Eric, every team that faces us prepares for it knowing exactly what to expect. We have an identity alright - it’s a depressing one that it seems a growing number of City fans are sick and tired of, but we do play in a way that is recognised as “the Cardiff way”.

Here here.

Here here...?
    Jeez

Brentford- carbon copy of Sheffield United, all over again. They may survive this season, but next season is the telling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Brentford- carbon copy of Sheffield United, all over again. They may survive this season, but next season is the telling point.
    God forbid they sign Mo Salah next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Here here...?
    Jeez
    I'm guessing you missed the thread the other week..

One built over seasons in the championship... The other was Sheff Utd.

Not the same.

Even if you’re right, neither of those teams faced the Premier League with the “plucky, little ……” attitude we had in our second time especially.