+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "We started well.....the game plan worked"

Re: "We started well.....the game plan worked"

You could say that about every football match that ever took place "everything was fine until they scored". That's this answer. The guy doesn't give sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We should have gone with the same team we had against Reading. If we had lost having a go i'd be more reasonable.
    That set up and tactics was 1980s rubbish..
    We played 442 in the 80s
    This was a new masterplan that's so cunning only Mick and maybe Pep have the tactical nous to see how ahead of his time he is with this 5 center backs team.

They should have had a pen in the 3rd minute.

Feckin gameplan working the daft tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The most bizarre part was McCarthy's claim that the game plan was working because Giles had missed a decent chance and City had won a free kick in a dangerous position.

He's very definitely lost the plot.
    I can't remember exactly what he said when asked how he would turn it around for Fulham, but it was something along the lines of 'same again.... funny old game football.... you never know.... we are bound to win some time....'.

He also looked like someone who didn't expect to be in the job when Fulham comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I can't remember exactly what he said when asked how he would turn it around for Fulham, but it was something along the lines of 'same again.... funny old game football.... you never know.... we are bound to win some time....'.

He also looked like someone who didn't expect to be in the job when Fulham comes around.
    He's pinching Jimmy Greaves Catchphrase. That's enough reason to sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It was pretty much that.

I'm over the moon I've spent money to travel and stop overnight Wednesday. 😄

Be a nice few beers down by the Thames pre game I suppose. Some bright spark moved the game to the same night at Chelsea-Malmo though so maybe not as relaxed as first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's pinching Jimmy Greaves Catchphrase. That's enough reason to sack him.
    Maybe I put those particular words in his mouth - but I think I got the sentiment right.

Basically the plan was sit back, keep it tight and hope they make a mistake or we get a set peice. Shocking

"I am bitterly disappointed. It was the same at Blackburn when we had our chances. We had two great chances today and we have got to be better in both boxes, that's for sure. The [first] goal we concede - just giving the ball away we did was disappointing.

"They are a good footballing team and once they go 1-0 in front we have got to go and chase it and got opened up. I am really disappointed in the end.

"I always expect them to give everything, which they do. It's difficult when you are on a run like we are, all of a sudden it doesn't look cohesive and sometimes you get opened up.

"The game-plan worked well at the start, but once we conceded it was disappointing from there on. They give everything they have got, the players, but I would just like us to be better of course."

🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

What game was he watching

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The striking difference for me was how they looked comfortable with the ball at thier feat , we just don't seem to have those skill sets .
    That is putting it mildly.

When was the last team we scored a goal anything LIKE any of their three goals?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If we tried it would be something.

Setting up with a 9-1 formation doesn't leave any room for anything but defending and long ball.
    So we play 9-1
    What if our forward won a corner?
    Someone would have to go up, that would only leave 8 in defence.
    Far too vulnerable.