+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Manager.

Re: New Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    If we get a new manager it’ll be someone who is desperate for a job and will be happy with no funds for transfers. It’ll also have to be someone who plays a long ball philosophy as bringing in a footballing approach will mean relegation as the current squad won’t be able to do that.

The other thing to worry about is that there is an increasing list of ex managers who a prospective manager will ring to sound out the job. I imagine the likes of Warnock, Harris and McCarthy will warn anyone else to stay clear, as Ferguson pretty much did to Solskjaer.
    Warnock wouldn't tell someone to stay away, he'll tell them the board are weak and you can walk all over them

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Phil Brown
    Apparently he did reasonably well at Hyderabad FC two years ago - until he was sacked for on win in 12. Also sacked for poor results in his last five jobs since 2011. Give us a break please.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Don’t understand your response. Wilder has rarely had backing and only managed the Blades above league 1. I think he’d jump at 5he jump & I think he’s got the right blend to move from bland to progressive.
    Wilder would be an excellent appointment but he'd need some convincing

Really we shouldn't have given Mick a two year deal and should have gone for Cooper when he left Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Steve Morison from within.
    Would get my vote. currently manages a team that plays good football , have pace , energy and good football skills and who are all already at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Don’t understand your response. Wilder has rarely had backing and only managed the Blades above league 1. I think he’d jump at 5he jump & I think he’s got the right blend to move from bland to progressive.

Regards paying up McCarthy’s contract couldn’t we just shift him aside, promote Morison, giving him a raise in pay. and basically ostracise McCarthy. Sicken him into walking away. Don’t a lot of companies do it when they have difficulty in removing an employee? Have him cleaning the shithouses (I don’t mean bathing the players), selling pints on match day etc.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    selling pints on match day etc.
    Service with a smile!

Graeme Jones would change the culture of our club and he'd be available once Newcastle sack Bruce and his staff

Regards paying up McCarthy’s contract couldn’t we just shift him aside, promote Morison, giving him a raise in pay. and basically ostracise McCarthy. Sicken him into walking away. Don’t a lot of companies do it when they have difficulty in removing an employee? Have him cleaning the shithouses (I don’t mean bathing the players), selling pints on match day etc.
    I’ve not heard of any club doing that but they could put him on gardening leave so he can’t take another job without our permission. I guess a bit like Cooper at Swansea.

Issue is no one is going to want him.

selling pints on match day etc.
    He'd probably feck that up too

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve not heard of any club doing that but they could put him on gardening leave so he can’t take another job without our permission. I guess a bit like Cooper at Swansea.

Issue is no one is going to want him.
    No, not gardening leave, having doing crap jobs. Trimming the pitch with nail scissors, washing the players cars, anything just sicken him into saying ‘F*ck it, I’m off’.

No, not gardening leave, having doing crap jobs. Trimming the pitch with nail scissors, washing the players cars, anything just sicken him into saying ‘F*ck it, I’m off’.
    "Mick you're on vaccine passport checking"

as with any employment contract I believe the company can ask you to do any task deemed relative to your role, I don't think scrubbing hardened bum plaque from a toilet pan with a toothbrush is within the scope of a football managers role..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    "Mick you're on vaccine passport checking"
    Too important a job for him but I like your suggestion. It keeps him outside the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    as with any employment contract I believe the company can ask you to do any task deemed relative to your role, I don't think scrubbing hardened bum plaque from a toilet pan with a toothbrush is within the scope of a football managers role..

He’s dealing with shit on the pitch, little difference

He’s dealing with shit on the pitch, little difference

Unless there are more radical changes at boardroom level what's the point of having a new manager? The present board will only appoint the same type of manager, and with no money to spend and a closed transfer window, any new manager is unlikely to do any better than our current one. Sadly our prospects for this season are exceptionally poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Unless there are more radical changes at boardroom level what's the point of having a new manager? The present board will only appoint the same type of manager, and with no money to spend and a closed transfer window, any new manager is unlikely to do any better than our current one. Sadly our prospects for this season are exceptionally poor.
    I would like to think anyone can do a better job. 5 centre backs. Completely failed once. Tries it again fails. Stands there arms folded sticking with it.

Forced change brings on Collins. Still the back 5.

Agree there are many issues but yes there are many who can do better than that.

Hes lost the plot and completely clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    At the moment we are staring relegation in the face. The only saving grace is that, at the moment, there are some really poor teams below us... and let's hope they take another 9 points off Derby.

totally agree, the problems are at Directorial level. We don't have a Board that's the trouble. Two one-offs spins in the Prem getting hammered and relegated have made them think they can solve it all with another manager. Agreed things are looking poor this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Apparently he did reasonably well at Hyderabad FC two years ago - until he was sacked for on win in 12. Also sacked for poor results in his last five jobs since 2011. Give us a break please.
    It was a joke.

And you’ve just Wikipedia’d him

I wouldn't be shocked if Alex Neil ended up in the running, just looking at who's out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Who can we realistically want?

Throw the dice and gamble Bellamy , Earnie or Blue Matt.

Or another old school manager in an attempt to stay up. The likes of Pulis or Hughton.

Or worse Flynn.

Weve clearly no money so its frees , loans and our own young players.

If we go down L1 wont be easy.
    We’ll all hope for some inspiring, forward thinking appointment but will get someone really disappointing, unimaginative and cheap.

Like we always do.

(I only recall being enthusiastic about Warnock’s appointment in the recent past.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    We’ll all hope for some inspiring, forward thinking appointment but will get someone really disappointing, unimaginative and cheap.

Like we always do.

(I only recall being enthusiastic about Warnock’s appointment in the recent past.)
    I don’t mind hoofball but it has to be done right.

We look clueless