+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Manager.

Re: New Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Alex Neil ended up in the running, just looking at who's out of work.
    If he would take it until the end of the season not a bad option

How haven't the club got sacking triggers built into the contract - i.e. lose 7 in a row grounds to be dismissed without any payout.

Is that not usual?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How haven't the club got sacking triggers built into the contract - i.e. lose 7 in a row grounds to be dismissed without any payout.

Is that not usual?
    Football is a strange industry where it seems a lot of normal rules/norms don't apply

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t mind hoofball but it has to be done right.

We look clueless
    Hoofball is seen (rightly so) as a negative in football. I don't want hoofball and I'm sure the majority of City fans don't either. Hoofball implies just hit it anywhere, the higher the better! However, direct football is entirely different. In the season we went up with Warnock, we played some wonderful direct football early in the season, most notably when we beat Wolves away. There was a real purpose to it and passes weren't going astray. I could certainly take that kind of directness but I've had a guts full of hoofball.

For me, Morrison until the end of the season. Let's get this appointment right!!! If not we'll be back here this time next season with another new manager thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    For me, Morrison until the end of the season. Let's get this appointment right!!! If not we'll be back here this time next season with another new manager thread
    We don’t know if he even wants it to be fair.

But if so get him in til Christmas with Hudson as assistant.

Bloooooobirds

I may be completely wrong and naïve, but as others have said, I think the problems run deeper / higher than MM.

McCarthy, like Warnock, is an old school, wiley manager who has been around the block more than enough times. If he's not getting what he wants then, at a guess, I'd have thought he well knows how to show and share his dissatisfaction. I.e.. if you don't back me in the transfer market, this is what we end up with on the pitch. And thus he'll be quite happy to stick this out until they pay him off and sack him. Therefore it comes down to money...on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hoofball is seen (rightly so) as a negative in football. I don't want hoofball and I'm sure the majority of City fans don't either. Hoofball implies just hit it anywhere, the higher the better! However, direct football is entirely different. In the season we went up with Warnock, we played some wonderful direct football early in the season, most notably when we beat Wolves away. There was a real purpose to it and passes weren't going astray. I could certainly take that kind of directness but I've had a guts full of hoofball.
    Agree.

Feel like I’d be in a minority but I’d fancy Frank Lampard, has links to Chelsea for loan players and he played some lovely football the year derby lost the play off final

Ian Holloway and Sam Allardyce are being interviewed as we speak !!!!!

They’re not really

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    At the moment we are staring relegation in the face. The only saving grace is that, at the moment, there are some really poor teams below us... and let's hope they take another 9 points off Derby.
    Ive heard that we cannot afford to get rid of MM. If we paid him off we'd run foul of the Financial Fair play rules and likely get a points reduction.

Even off we did it might be the best option as we seem unlikely to get any/many more points with him in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Ive heard that we cannot afford to get rid of MM. If we paid him off we'd run foul of the Financial Fair play rules and likely get a points reduction.

Even off we did it might be the best option as we seem unlikely to get any/many more points with him in charge.
    If that’s true we are doomed

Just dont hire a new manager. Put a current member of staff in charge and put Mick and TC behind the bar on matchday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just dont hire a new manager. Put a current member of staff in charge and put Mick and TC behind the bar on matchday.
    They'd only defend the bar prices

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Put one R Morison In charge

what beers you got MM?
    we'll we have a lovely Mcguinness, and a fruity Mcguinness, a nice ipa Mcguinness and an awesome dark Mcguinness or just a best of Mcguinness.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    We don’t know if he even wants it to be fair.

But if so get him in til Christmas with Hudson as assistant.

Bloooooobirds
    Very true. Too good an opportunity to turn down surely. Or a poisoned chalice haha

How have we managed to get ourselves into such a mess?

Would be a good appointment but not realistic. Hed want backing.
    Why do you assume he'd want backing?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why do you assume he'd want backing?
    I think Wilder will choose carefully where he goes next.

I dont think a club heading down with no money is attractive to him.

Could be wrong.

Put one R Morison In charge
    Ravel?

Morrison with two 'r's? (Just when you'd got your head around Steve Morison's name)

Interesting idea!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Regards paying up McCarthy’s contract couldn’t we just shift him aside, promote Morison, giving him a raise in pay. and basically ostracise McCarthy. Sicken him into walking away. Don’t a lot of companies do it when they have difficulty in removing an employee? Have him cleaning the shithouses (I don’t mean bathing the players), selling pints on match day etc.
    That's funny.

Sadly, wouldn't he have something in his contract about day to day duties and how much responsibility/power he has what he has control over etc?

Put him on gardening leave and move up Morison on his current wage with the promise that if he does well he will get a new deal. Always a way around things

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Unless there are more radical changes at boardroom level what's the point of having a new manager? The present board will only appoint the same type of manager, and with no money to spend and a closed transfer window, any new manager is unlikely to do any better than our current one. Sadly our prospects for this season are exceptionally poor.
    Because even with the shit behind the scenes a better manager would get more out of the team and hopefully keep us up.

I think Wilder will choose carefully where he goes next.

I dont think a club heading down with no money is attractive to him.

Could be wrong.
    Well that's a difference from your original comment, actually agree with that post.