+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "We started well.....the game plan worked"

"We started well.....the game plan worked"

I can't take much more of this clown.

Re: "We started well.....the game plan worked"

He’s shot to bits.

Is this a wind up or did he actually say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I might have missed a bit but that was how he opened his post match chat on Sky yes.

Does he think he's on Mock The Week in a round called Things A Football Manager Wouldn't Say After Being Trounced 3-0?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It was something like: "We started well and the game plan worked for 28 minutes until they scored."

The striking difference for me was how they looked comfortable with the ball at thier feat , we just don't seem to have those skill sets .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It was something like: "We started well and the game plan worked for 28 minutes until they scored."
    He's a melon. The game plan wasn't working because they scored while the said game plan was being implemented. His head has truly gone. **** me.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The striking difference for me was how they looked comfortable with the ball at thier feat , we just don't seem to have those skill sets .
    If we tried it would be something.

Setting up with a 9-1 formation doesn't leave any room for anything but defending and long ball.

he looked a bag of nerves and confrontational during that interview, he needs some time away from management, it's over Mick..

Feck me.

Hes bonkers isnt he.?

" I was running across busy roads, blindfolded. I was hit by a truck on the fourth attempt. Up until then, my system was working" Seriously. just go for your own self worth, Mick.

One day we'll have a manager that has another plan for when the original plan only "works" for 28 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I can't take much more of this clown.
    He's shit..

The game plan worked because we created one chance with a long punt up field in the 1st 10 mins and then surrendered possession and intent to the home side for the rest of the half?

If you game plan or ambition is to play 5 CBs, two as wing backs, then their is something fundamentally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    One day we'll have a manager that has another plan for when the original plan only "works" for 28 minutes.
    It was his plan that invited pressure and put 7 players on the 18 yard box. He's ****ing mental.

Just what was this plan?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Just what was this plan?
    Pack our half with players and hope Swansea didn't score. That was about it.

He was quite happy with it right up until and after their second goal which is why he changed absolutely nothing until Bacuna went down, which was a blessing in disguise right there.

Just what was this plan?
    Keep it at nil nil for as long as possible.

It's abysmal.

He has genuinely lost the plot or really wants that pay off that possibly won't come for a while yet.

Just what was this plan?
    Crowd the penalty area, Boot it as far as you can. Repeat.

We should have gone with the same team we had against Reading. If we had lost having a go i'd be more reasonable.
    That set up and tactics was 1980s rubbish..

Just what was this plan?
    To not have to think too much. It is Sunday after all. Everyone's had a long week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The bloke's got a point. The game plan worked right up until the point of the game where it didn't, and then it all went to shit. Give the guy a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We should have gone with the same team we had against Reading. If we had lost having a go i'd be more reasonable.
    That set up and tactics was 1980s rubbish..
    Nobody played like that in the 80's, sure. teams were direct, but there was some method, like supporting your front player and moving into advances areas. I really believe that we are witnessing a MM meltdown. He's hung on for too long, it's all got a bit much for him, this passing and movement nonsense. He's footballs equivalent of the last Japanese soldier who refused to surrender some 20 years after the war had finished, waiting for a general to turn up in order to relieve him of his duties. Maybe Mehmet can call in Big Ron to give Mick the sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine View Post
    The bloke's got a point. The game plan worked right up until the point of the game where it didn't, and then it all went to shit. Give the guy a new contract.
    The most bizarre part was McCarthy's claim that the game plan was working because Giles had missed a decent chance and City had won a free kick in a dangerous position.

He's very definitely lost the plot.