+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does McCarthy have no shame

Does McCarthy have no shame

Apparently not, he's not leaving without his payoff.

Re: Does McCarthy have no shame

no Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I don’t think many would. Only the club to blame for giving him the contract.

His record since Tan gave him a contract for no reason last season is incredible

Don't blame him.

It's on the club that have him 2 years to pay it up.

The shame is on the board that gave him the deal and now won't spend the money to end it whilst he is clearly taking the piss.

retire him off

Would it be cheaper to hire a hit-man?

Time to make his life hell at games we've gone soft.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Pointless Dalman hiring it. He'd miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Pointless Dalman hiring it. He'd miss.
    Whatever anyone thinks of Mick McCarthy - and it's pretty clear his time is nearing it's end at CCFC - I don't blame him for not resigning. If the club want him out they can sack him. He doesn't know where his next job is coming from and has a responsibility to his family etc etc etc.

Question is when does he go. If not now, then it doesn't seem any more reasonable to do it after Fulham (assuming we lose) as that is a genuinely tough game we would never expect much from. Comes down to Boro at home then...and what if we win that?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Whatever anyone thinks of Mick McCarthy - and it's pretty clear his time is nearing it's end at CCFC - I don't blame him for not resigning. If the club want him out they can sack him. He doesn't know where his next job is coming from and has a responsibility to his family etc etc etc.

Question is when does he go. If not now, then it doesn't seem any more reasonable to do it after Fulham (assuming we lose) as that is a genuinely tough game we would never expect much from. Comes down to Boro at home then...and what if we win that?

He has to go today.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Don't blame him.

It's on the club that have him 2 years to pay it up.

The shame is on the board that gave him the deal and now won't spend the money to end it whilst he is clearly taking the piss.
    Totally agree. The board have no knowledge of football but they should be experienced at drafting contracts. There should have been an out should things get as bad as this.
    Let’s be honest Mick is not going to walk into another job. Even sacked in Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He has to go today.
    I agree with you, but I don't think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He has to go today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He shouldn't resign and he'd be stupid to do so.

I'm sure the club are working through the process of dismissal, you don't exactly walk up to someone and shout you're fired and that's it.

I'd be amazed if the club don't have a plan for this happening and they are going through the motions. There'll be legal teams to consult, negotiations to be made, new coaches to bring in, comms to ready.

It's not Football Manager where you can do it at the click of a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    He shouldn't resign and he'd be stupid to do so.

I'm sure the club are working through the process of dismissal, you don't exactly walk up to someone and shout you're fired and that's it.

I'd be amazed if the club don't have a plan for this happening and they are going through the motions. There'll be legal teams to consult, negotiations to be made, new coaches to bring in, comms to ready.

It's not Football Manager where you can do it at the click of a button.
    So what you're saying is Tan can't summon them and press the big red button to send them on a one way trip with the sharks? Disappointing.

I wonder if he even knows what's going on. He's not a football fan and I'm sure he's a busy guy. All this talk of watching every game via stream must be bollox unless its used to discipline staff at Berjaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    So what you're saying is Tan can't summon them and press the big red button to send them on a one way trip with the sharks? Disappointing.

I wonder if he even knows what's going on. He's not a football fan and I'm sure he's a busy guy. All this talk of watching every game via stream must be bollox unless its used to discipline staff at Berjaya.
    Yes he or the Chairman does but things don’t happen instantly.

Like I said a process happens and things take time.

What world do you live in where everything happens instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Yes he or the Chairman does but things don’t happen instantly.

Like I said a process happens and things take time.

What world do you live in where everything happens instantly.
    I mean a lot of things happen pretty instantly, maybe not sacking someone though, you are right.

Confused at what part of my post you thought was serious. Well maybe the city streams as punishment, that's plausible.