+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Other than Bacuna I thought the guys worked hard today but…..

Other than Bacuna I thought the guys worked hard today but…..

The tactics were wrong, the selection of players wrong.

Re: Other than Bacuna I thought the guys worked hard today but…..

I don’t think there is an issue there either.

I don’t think any of them believe in what they are doing though, we all see the line up and think wtf. Imagine having to play in that team knowing your set up to fail

What does Keiffer think when the team sheet goes up? It must be like turning up for work tomorrow morning and being told everyone else is having half day but you’re doing 16 hours.

They didn't slack off, but I wouldn't credit them with working particularly hard. They didn't concentrate, they failed to do the basics a lot of the time. We were easily beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They didn't slack off, but I wouldn't credit them with working particularly hard. They didn't concentrate, they failed to do the basics a lot of the time. We were easily beaten.
    I agree. I thought McGuinness showed promise, but that was about it.

Genuinely think that Bacuna faked injury to force that substitution. He does not want to be here.

Kieffer Moore was excellent in the first half, practically took Swansea on by himself

No help at all from any of his teammates.

Did anyone pick up the point that be was taken to the floor by his neck before the 3rd goal. He gets nothing from refs. He must already be somewhere else in his mind.

Also that the player after pulling down moore used his elbow to change the direct of the ball before he got up and booted it upfield

I think the flack McCarthy is getting is excusing a lot of poor performances.

Set up ridiculously negatively no doubt but still, I think we should be expecting far more than what most are putting in.

Basics of passing to a blue shirt, defending the box, closing down, all pretty non existent.

If any of them came off feeling they did all they could then I'd be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Kieffer Moore was excellent in the first half, practically took Swansea on by himself

No help at all from any of his teammates.
    Excellent? At what?

Surely an "excellent" striker would be scoring from a one-on-one chance. Cutting inside instead of out. And finding the net instead of the keeper's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Excellent? At what?

Surely an "excellent" striker would be scoring from a one-on-one chance. Cutting inside instead of out. And finding the net instead of the keeper's hands.
    He huffed and he puffed, without ever looking like he was going to blow down the house.

The only player who I thought put in a complete shift, was McGuinness. Nobody else seemed the least bit interested. The OP thought Bacuna did little, but if you listened to the commentary, the only midfielder who seemed to touch the ball, was Pack. The others were hardly mentioned. Bacuna and Ralls' names just didn't come up.
    The problem goes back to our five CB defence. There is no support in midfield, so they get over-run and by-passed. They can't get forward, so the lone striker is totally isolated. It's not difficult to see the issue - you can't pack your defence, and not expect to be short of players on the rest of the pitch. And you can't leave your midfield short, without putting relentless pressure on your defence.
    The sooner we go back to 4-4-2, or 4-5-1, the better.

They work hard sadly they can't control and pass very well,which begs the question is that a tactic or basic lack of skill, Swansea players looked better balanced and skilled in those area, the lad up front reminded me of Hoilet who always had poise, skill, and able to play on either foot .