+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has any journo asked Mick?

Has any journo asked Mick?

Why he is playing 5 centre backs as a back line? Abbandanato's latest article aside.

Do they fear being banned from attending again at the club if they do? Journalism in South Wales has gone to pot it really has.

Re: Has any journo asked Mick?

Because he think it works it’s just we keep conceding early goals lol

Yeah they need to rip into him.

Its crazy.

Ive been going since the mid 80s and weve had some seriously useless manager but this tactic is off the scale as the worst.

To then say the plan was working until they scored (bonkers in itself as there should have been a pen in the 3rd minute) shows hes lost the plot. Against WBA he said the plan went as they scored so early.

Just to make matters worse he sticks with the same tactics and his 1st change is enforced by injury and he brings on an immobile striker.

If he isnt gone pre-Fulham then it shows our owner has no interest in the club couldnt care less about relegation and all that matters is cost cutting.

Lets see what happens today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Its crazy.

Ive been going since the mid 80s and weve had some seriously useless manager but this tactic is off the scale as the worst.

To then say the plan was working until they scored (bonkers in itself as there should have been a pen in the 3rd minute) shows hes lost the plot. Against WBA he said the plan went as they scored so early.

Just to make matters worse he sticks with the same tactics and his 1st change is enforced by injury and he brings on an immobile striker.

If he isnt gone pre-Fulham then it shows our owner has no interest in the club couldnt care less about relegation and all that matters is cost cutting.

I said that he would be almost pleased with it having only conceded one goal and the fact he refused to change anything until Bacuna went down suggests he was.

Since Warnock we have, against all the odds, found two managers who play a more direct style and try to stay defensively solid. The problem with Harris and McCarthy is that their teams aren't great at defending.

You can't nick a point or a game 1-0 if you ship goals at the back.

5 centre halves at the back after the West Brom game was lunacy. It just hands the other team the game on a plate, gives their wingers a boost and enrages fans into the bargain. I can't believe he is still here.

Where’s Jason Mohamed when you need him - it’s great being outside Wembley chatting to fans on a big occasion but nows the time he needs to be calling up VT and asking WTF going on.

Mentioned this yesterday, it's baffling.

Not even your kind of hybrid full back centre back types. These are straight up sort of old school cbs, nothing wrong with that we just don't need 5.

Is there something wrong with NG and Bagan? Are they unwell? Were they caught with someone's wife? Are they constantly late? Because if nothing I don't see why they wouldn't be playing ahead of proper cbs.

Maybe there is a reason.

Imagine sitting there and the manager is basically saying a cb is better in your position.

Its crazy.

Journalists ain't what they used to be, i reckon most don't leave their offices simply sat on their arses trawling the net.

We must be actively looking to offload mulish Mick before Wed shirley, though I doubt Alex Ferguson could get us anything from the Fulham game anyway.
    Maybe it's worth another game of Mick to break the record

Would Choo and Dalman want that on their watch?

If after then VT and his team are still happy with their latest "pick" having the unenviable record of seven straight losses, I see a march on CCS not too far away.

I'm not comfortable with turning on the manager, nor owner, but I really think that this fella has lost the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Why he is playing 5 centre backs as a back line? Abbandanato's latest article aside.

Do they fear being banned from attending again at the club if they do? Journalism in South Wales has gone to pot it really has.
    One of the journos needs to ask

What did he see against west Brom that indicated doing it again was a good idea
    Why he thinks picking 7 out field players who are defensive minded is a good idea
    Ask him how bad are NG and Bagan if he is picking cbs instead
    Ask him why he only made one sub up to 80 minutes and that was for an injury up to then
    What did he see that thought it was going to change up to 80 mins
    Ask him why he continues to pick bacuna
    Ask him why he thought vaulks was a good idea at anytime
    Ask him if he is a man of honour why he isnt leaving of his own accord?
    Ask him is he trying to get the sack - if I was as bad at my job as he is I would be sacked with no compo - he is stealing a living

Whats his compo - can't we do a crowd funding thing to get the money together??

He is literally sucking the life out of me and I only go to games out of habit now - there is no enjoyment

Its crazy.

I think the owner is very keen to avoid relegation, but also get the huge wage bill down to a level where the club is an attractive proposition. MM probably told him what he wanted to hear, ie, this squad is good enough to survive the Championship - and I suspect he's saying the same today. My concern is we have 14 further matched before the transfer window. We could in all seriousness be 8 or 9 points from safety by then, with a mountain to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    One of the journos needs to ask....
    It's not Mick's fault he was given a job.

It's the people in charge that are sucking the life out of the club through negligence, disinterest and incompetence.

The combination of Tan, Dalman and Choo is not one that should ever be near a football club. They aren't qualified.

Why he thinks picking 7 out field players who are defensive minded is a good idea
    Ask him why he only made one sub up to 80 minutes and that was for an injury up to then
    Ask him is he trying to get the sack - if I was as bad at my job as he is I would be sacked with no compo - he is stealing a living

He is literally sucking the life out of me and I only go to games out of habit now - there is no enjoyment
    Even I think that McCarthy needs to go now, after the last six performances and results, mainly due to the set up and tactics the team has employed during that time and his total failure to recognise how stupid playing five centre backs is, especially as at least two of them are very limited technically and at least four of them have no pace at all - a recipe for disaster. I even agree with most of what you say above. However, I feel that your criticism of Vaulks is unfair. We have played badly and lost the last six games with Bacuna and Pack in the side and likewise have played badly and lost the last six games without Vaulks, NG and Bagan in the side. It doesn't take much therefore to work out where changes are needed. Vaulks and NG were two of our best players last season but for some reason MM has made up his mind that neither are good enough this, whilst continually playing Bacuna and others who have been woeful but remain on the team sheet. McGuinness has been the exception recently and deserves his place but the rest of the defence could easily be dropped. My team for Fulham would be - Smithies, NG, McGuiness, Flint, Bagan, Ralls, Vaulks, Bowen, Giles, Colwill, Moore but it wont happen.

They could field 20 centre backs but if none of them close down on the edge of the box, they will keep on conceding.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It's not Mick's fault he was given a job.

It's the people in charge that are sucking the life out of the club through negligence, disinterest and incompetence.

The combination of Tan, Dalman and Choo is not one that should ever be near a football club. They aren't qualified.
    Isn’t this the truth, it just goes to show that money doesn’t equate to success, not than Tan has ever really spent big has he? Maybe after the first promotion but that’s it….

His compensation is most likely having his contract paid in full which is probably between £1.5M and £2M. A lot of money to most of us, but not much spread out over 2 years in the grand scheme of things. It's actually a shame it's not much more. If it was, it might cause Tan et al to have look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    His compensation is most likely having his contract paid in full which is probably between £1.5M and £2M. A lot of money to most of us, but not much spread out over 2 years in the grand scheme of things. It's actually a shame it's not much more. If it was, it might cause Tan et al to have look in the mirror.
    You can add to that the fans that won't pay to watch that crap.

The fans in the stands have been sparse up to now. It will only get worse.