+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The reputation of Tan, Choo and Dalman

The reputation of Tan, Choo and Dalman

It is up for debate why these businessmen buy football clubs in general never mind ours.
    It can't be to make money as they cost a lot just to keep afloat (they remind us of this enough) so why is it? Is it an expensive extravagance and something to show off to their rich friends? Who knows. All I know at this stage is it can't be doing anything but making them look a bit silly in their business and social circles currently.

From the outside looking in the club, to anybody with an ounce of football knowledge, looks a basket case and a bit of a joke.
    Pundits show shock at where we are in the league and then they see us play and their attitude changes.

Surely the three in charge here can see that. The fans are feeling the shame and ridicule for sure. Do they care how that reflects on them given how highly they regard themselves?

It can't have been the intention of Tan to buy a club, take it to the lowest levels it hasn't seen for years and generally make yourself to look an owner with no clue and employing two people with little knowledge to take the club down.

Action is needed now because if they keep playing at running a football club this is only ending one way and their reputation will go south with it.

Re: The reputation of Tan, Choo and Dalman

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It is up for debate why these businessmen buy football clubs in general never mind ours.
    It can't be to make money as they cost a lot just to keep afloat (they remind us of this enough) so why is it? Is it an expensive extravagance and something to show off to their rich friends? Who knows. All I know at this stage is it can't be doing anything but making them look a bit silly in their business and social circles currently.

From the outside looking in the club, to anybody with an ounce of football knowledge, looks a basket case and a bit of a joke.
    Pundits show shock at where we are in the league and then they see us play and their attitude changes.

Surely the three in charge here can see that. The fans are feeling the shame and ridicule for sure. Do they care how that reflects on them given how highly they regard themselves?

It can't have been the intention of Tan to buy a club, take it to the lowest levels it hasn't seen for years and generally make yourself to look an owner with no clue and employing two people with little knowledge to take the club down.

Action is needed now because if they keep playing at running a football club this is only ending one way and their reputation will go south with it.
    Unfortunately. Nobody is interested in buying so that ends that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Unfortunately. Nobody is interested in buying so that ends that.
    Says who?

There has been indication that there was interest before but Tan wasn't willing to sell. That came from people at the club I believe.

Even Tan can see that if he carries on the way he is the asset he bought will be worth a lot less than it was if he continues to run it into the ground with people not fit for purpose.

Money dry cleaning?

I don't see how Choo and Dalman can continue at the club, they are running it into the ground.

They don't have a vision our plan for the long term, the playing squad is lop sided and lacking in many areas, they're recruitment record is poor and have wasted a lot of money, we've not produced any genuine players of note in the last 10/15 years which we can sell as assets, the academy has been neglected, the football is dire and the manager selections baffling at times. The relationship/communication between club and fans is as low as I can remember, apart from the blip Warnock promotion it's been a slow but gradual regression.

I'd like to see a change on the board, bringing in people with elite level football/sport experience, along with a director of football to put in place the playing strategy/direction of the club. Otherwise I don't see how we get ourselves out of this slide, we certainly can't spend our way out of it and I don't trust these guys to bring in the right manager.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Says who?

There has been indication that there was interest before but Tan wasn't willing to sell. That came from people at the club I believe.

Even Tan can see that if he carries on the way he is the asset he bought will be worth a lot less than it was if he continues to run it into the ground with people not fit for purpose.
    Link to genuine offers.? Other than other messageboard rumours.

Cmon if an ex owner has made an offer I think we can all laugh that one away.

I could make an offer tomorrow but it wouldnt be realistic.

If someone had genuine interest and money wed soon know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Link to genuine offers.? Other than other messageboard rumours.

Cmon if an ex owner has made an offer I think we can all laugh that one away.

I could make an offer tomorrow but it wouldnt be realistic.

If someone had genuine interest and money wed soon know about it.
    What do you mean link to genuine offers? They don't call Wales Online to do a quick interview, they talk to Tan. I am almost certain these fan Web meetings revealed there had been interest. I'm sure some here can confirm that.

Why Hammam keeps coming up I'm not sure. He knows exactly what reception he would get these days.

Did anyone have the bottle to speak up to Choo when he got on the supporters bus yesterday, and tell him the truth? Both him and that clown Dalman need to be told in no uncertain terms what the fans think of them in no uncertain terms, the next opportunity they have