+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Always wondered why he was so quiet in the aftermarth, not a peep out of him.

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Breaking news - Henderson pleads guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Breaking news - Henderson pleads guilty
    Here you go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58951342

Wonder where this takes the case of paying for the transfer

I was thinking that.
    Could make all the difference for any managerial ambitions we may have.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wonder where this takes the case of paying for the transfer
    I was thinking that … interesting development

Today David Henderson initially denied two charges related to the fatal plane crash of Emiliano Sala at Cardiff Crown Court.

He later changed his plea to guilty on the count of attempting to discharge a passenger without valuable consideration.

The trial will now be held on a single count of acting in a reckless or negligent manner likely to endanger an aircraft, which he has denied.

Banned

No money will be changing hands now.
    He's not got 15 million + compensation.
    No insurance company will be paying out.

I imagine various McKays will be appearing in the witness box. I don't suppose they will have a good word to say about Cardiff City FC

shamefull from beginning to end...

changed plea to guilty on 1 of the charges now

as will have no doubt been notified he will be losing the case big time...

rip sala

Any idea when the case and it’s conclusion are likely to happen? I think I read early 2022 but can’t find where I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Any idea when the case and it’s conclusion are likely to happen? I think I read early 2022 but can’t find where I saw that.
    The trail is expected to open tomorrow, whatever that means.

This particular trial goes on for ten days, another trial in February 2022.not sure of the details tho.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    No money will be changing hands now.
    He's not got 15 million + compensation.
    No insurance company will be paying out.
    Surely it will pay out for one of us, he was either ours or there’s? All these deadline day signings on SSN late at night etc…they are all insured aren’t they as they travel about signing? I just don’t get it

I cant see any insurance company paying out, as the policy would surely be null and void, due to fact plane wasn't worthy and neither was the pilot. Is car insurance valid, when driven by an unlicensed driver or the car doesn't haven't an mot

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I imagine various McKays will be appearing in the witness box. I don't suppose they will have a good word to say about Cardiff City FC

A certain Willie McKay is listed as a prosecution witness. CCFC will have someone attending the 10 day trial to see what/if he says anything about CCFC`s involvement in the transport arrangements (he is on record of not being a fan of the club or its employees).

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    A certain Willie McKay is listed as a prosecution witness. CCFC will have someone attending the 10 day trial to see what/if he says anything about CCFC`s involvement in the transport arrangements (he is on record of not being a fan of the club or its employees).
    Not sure why. Two of his sons were here as part of the DVP squad. I thought his other son was the one who got in touch with Sala about arranging quicker transport to Nantes?

The whole thing seems to have been done on a nod and a wink.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Not sure why. Two of his sons were here as part of the DVP squad. I thought his other son was the one who got in touch with Sala about arranging quicker transport to Nantes?

The whole thing seems to have been done on a nod and a wink.
    Stinks if Willie McKay is part of the prosecution it maybe too load the blame away from him and his alleged son's strange involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Stinks if Willie McKay is part of the prosecution it maybe too load the blame away from him and his alleged son's strange involvement.
    What can Mckay be blamed for? This isn't a flippant question, i don't know what he has done which could be considered criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What can Mckay be blamed for? This isn't a flippant question, i don't know what he has done which could be considered criminal.
    The charges relate to involvement in the transport arrangements why was Willie McKay son involved in the alleged quicker transport to /from Nantes by his , I can't understand how an unknown DVP player would play a part in conversation like this of a potential first team signing , he was not a representative of our club or Sala's friend pre signing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It is unlikely that either McKay - father or son - has done anything criminal.

But they facilitated the flight through Henderson, they appeared to be acting (still) for Nantes during a crucial period when the status of Emiliano Sala's transfer is in dispute (adding weight to the Cardiff claim that he was still a Nantes player at the time) and Willie McKay appears to have been acting as an unregistered agent during the whole period in breach of his ban.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It is unlikely that either McKay - father or son - has done anything criminal.

But they facilitated the flight through Henderson, they appeared to be acting (still) for Nantes during a crucial period when the status of Emiliano Sala's transfer is in dispute (adding weight to the Cardiff claim that he was still a Nantes player at the time) and Willie McKay appears to have been acting as an unregistered agent during the whole period in breach of his ban.
    Thanks for that. I thought as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Today David Henderson initially denied two charges related to the fatal plane crash of Emiliano Sala at Cardiff Crown Court.

He later changed his plea to guilty on the count of attempting to discharge a passenger without valuable consideration.

The trial will now be held on a single count of acting in a reckless or negligent manner likely to endanger an aircraft, which he has denied.
    Does anyone know what the penalty is for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Does anyone know what the penalty is for this?
    CAA prosecutions usually result in a fine and occasionally a suspended (short) prison sentence or community order.
    There are no sentencing guidelines that I can find but the legislation states that any penalty "...must be appropriate and proportionate to the failure."