+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    i don't know but whatever he will be open to questioning by both defence and prosecution.
    He's already been called, by the prosecution but also questioned by the defence (see 11.26 on day 3).

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Closing arguments from the prosecution and defence today. Prosecutor laying into Henderson as you would expect. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...trial-21887929

Looks like the defence is to blame the pilot.

Bloody disgusting someone needs to go to jail

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    isn't he a easy scapegoat, its a easy way out for all

Feedback

in fairness to the pilot he was guilty of not being current and guilt of accepting payment for the flight. There would have been no issue with his ratings if he had not received payment and operated the flight under his PPL.

flying a single engine aircraft like the malibu over water at night is nuts. You just would not do it even if you were current. That is what I just cannot fathom.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Does anyone know what the penalty is for this?
    its a CAA infringement so suspension of licence and a fine is most likely.

Feedback

This report says the jury was told that McKay asked Henderson to organise the flight and was asked to provide £4k as 'float'
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...droidApp_Other
    you can hire a king air from Cardiff for £1400/hour. Its a twin multi crew aircraft. Why pay £4k?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    you can hire a king air from Cardiff for £1400/hour. Its a twin multi crew aircraft. Why pay £4k?
    Agent fees???

Also pointing fingers at McKay
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59039464

The flight out was on the Friday returning on the Sunday so would have cost a small fortune if charging by the hour 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The defence is to say that Henderson's actions did not endanger the aircraft, which is total nonsense. He sent a pilot who wasn't allowed to fly commercial passengers nor fly at night nor even fly that plane. Other than physically damaging the plane, there's not much more he could have done to endanger it.

Feedback

The flight out was on the Friday returning on the Sunday so would have cost a small fortune if charging by the hour ��
    you're billed by the time the aircraft engine is on.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The defence is to say that Henderson's actions did not endanger the aircraft, which is total nonsense. He sent a pilot who wasn't allowed to fly commercial passengers nor fly at night nor even fly that plane. Other than physically damaging the plane, there's not much more he could have done to endanger it.
    the commercial aspect is not really that important here because it does not matter if the passenger was fee paying or not, the pilot's ability is still the same whether he is rated cpl or ppl. what is important is that he flew at night without a night rating, and he flew over water in a single engine aircraft. no pilot I know would disrespect the rules like that.

the commercial aspect is not really that important here because it does not matter if the passenger was fee paying or not, the pilot's ability is still the same whether he is rated cpl or ppl. what is important is that he flew at night without a night rating, and he flew over water in a single engine aircraft. no pilot I know would disrespect the rules like that.
    Surely it's important in a court of law, otherwise why have commercial licenses at all?

What do you mean by rules? In a legal sense, or an unwritten rule? It does seem complete madness to me.

Jury has been out for a couple of hours and have still not reached a verdict - means I guess that some of them see the defences point of view...

I think the defence is that without the piece of paper the flight would have still crashed, so even though Henderson is guilty of being a crap manager, he didn't do anything that would have altered the outcome.

Didn’t the post mortem on Sala reveal high levels of carbon monoxide in his blood?
    I recall investigations pointed towards a leak in the cabin which could have overcome the pilot ?
    It hasn’t been mentioned 🤔

I just googled it
    Air crash investigators found enough carbon monoxide in his body to have caused a heart attack or seizure
    The pilot would definitely have been affected as well
    If the plane is faulty then surely the owner must bear some responsibility as well as Henderson employing an unfit pilot?

The actions of the 2 pilots were clearly reckless at the least, but whether or not criminal in relation to this one charge is clearly open to question. I guess we will have a verdict today. 2hrs for a jury to be out is not actually very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I just googled it
    Air crash investigators found enough carbon monoxide in his body to have caused a heart attack or seizure
    The pilot would definitely have been affected as well
    If the plane is faulty then surely the owner must bear some responsibility as well as Henderson employing an unfit pilot?
    Not in the situation where the owner doesn't operate the aircraft merely leases it to an operator. Responsibility passes to lessee operator as if were owner.

Feedback

Surely it's important in a court of law, otherwise why have commercial licenses at all?
    a CPL allows the holder to fly for remuneration whereas if you have a PPL you cannot. The rules are quite clear but holding a CPL doesn't make you immediately a better pilot than a PPL. Quite a lot of CPL holders don't do much flying, certainly if they are instructors.

let me put it this way, if there was no money exchanged, then there would be no question of the rating held by Ibbotson (other than his lapsed night rating).

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I think the defence is that without the piece of paper the flight would have still crashed, so even though Henderson is guilty of being a crap manager, he didn't do anything that would have altered the outcome.
    He supplied customers to his illegal operation the plane and a pilot whom he was instructed by the owner was not allowed to fly the plane. His operation failed to satisfy itself as to the qualifications and ratings of the pilot were genuine and all in order - no records. In running his operation in such a way the outcome was as it was.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What do you mean by rules? In a legal sense, or an unwritten rule? It does seem complete madness to me.
    As a PPL I would not accept payment for any kind of flight. It is outside of the rules of my licence. You might offer to buy me a coffee at the destination airfield, and that's ok, but holding yourself out as someone who is available to hire for flights is a no no and needs to be respected.

If Ibbotson had flown without remuneration then we would not be discussing his rating.