+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    I mean the obvious reading from it would be that he decided to fly believing he and the plane were capable of just about pulling off the flight. Clearly he didn't know well enough and shouldn't have been entrusted with the aircraft.
    on that flight forum they seemed to be saying that his experience or otherwise might not have had that much to do with the crash if it was carbon monoxide that caused him to become unconscious

Re: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

9 pages, a verdict and still no closer to understanding who will have to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I guess it'll all come out in the end. I don't tihnk this had any real bearing on the topic of whether we have to pay the transfer fee or not though - even if Nantes arranged the flight
    Well we didn’t…..can’t believe he doesn’t go down for this? Attempted murder?

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

on that flight forum they seemed to be saying that his experience or otherwise might not have had that much to do with the crash if it was carbon monoxide that caused him to become unconscious
    Of course, but the feasibility of the flight given the conditions, equipment and pilot was already questionable; so it's quite hard to say the carbon monoxide did them - they would have been fine without it; it would seem I would say quite likely instead that the flight had a significant risk of being doomed carbon monoxide issue or not.

Feedback

most aircraft have some kind of CO monitor the cockpit or flight date. The monitors do have a short life though and do need to be replaced.

CO poisoning would have affected very kind of pilot, although some may have understood the early warning signs better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Nantes involvement isn’t anything to do with negligence as I see it, the taxi scenario is relevant at that point, but the bigger picture is it MacKay was acting as Nantes agent and made arrangements to deliver him to us safely, then I think at that point you have to consider were Nantes responsible for his safe delivery, in the same way as if I buy something on eBay I am the contract is complete. If it gets lost in transit due to the courier employed by the seller, I sure as hell ain’t paying for it.

Similar thread here from a guy in S.A

https://www.pprune.org/accidents-clo...sland-109.html

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    9 pages, a verdict and still no closer to understanding who will have to pay
    Hardly a surprise. What were you expecting? This is about Henderson's criminal liability for endangering the safety of an aircraft. It may have a bearing on the civil matters, but it's not like they were going to be covering those in this court

I can sense that a lot of people are trying to figure out whether or not this lets us off the hook for the £15m transfer fee. It's true that the main reason this whole thing has dragged out for so long, is that both clubs are covered by insurance, but neither company wishes to foot the bill, unless they have to. So we have to go through this apportionment of blame, because as we all know, where there's blame, there's a claim.
    So, does the fact the Henderson has been found guilty clarify anything? Well, possibly - he was approached by McKay, and McKay was the agent acting for, well, who exactly? Cardiff City FC, or Nantes FC? That's the next step...

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I can sense that a lot of people are trying to figure out whether or not this lets us off the hook for the £15m transfer fee. It's true that the main reason this whole thing has dragged out for so long, is that both clubs are covered by insurance, but neither company wishes to foot the bill, unless they have to. So we have to go through this apportionment of blame, because as we all know, where there's blame, there's a claim.
    So, does the fact the Henderson has been found guilty clarify anything? Well, possibly - he was approached by McKay, and McKay was the agent acting for, well, who exactly? Cardiff City FC, or Nantes FC? That's the next step...
    The one party that I’d love to see come a cropper are the McKay clan. I wouldn’t shed one tear if the majority of blame fell squarely in his/their laps. I’d imagine they’d have some sort of public liability insurance, whether it would cover such a tragedy who knows?

Today's verdict will have some bearing on next year's inquest. That in turn may point the way for any further prosecutions/insurance claims/liabilities. Unfortunately, this saga has many more twists and turns.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The one party that I’d love to see come a cropper are the McKay clan. I wouldn’t shed one tear if the majority of blame fell squarely in his/their laps. I’d imagine they’d have some sort of public liability insurance, whether it would cover such a tragedy who knows?
    I agree, not heard one good word about them. Especially when you hear stuff they said about not being interested in Sala at all just doing the deal for the money etc…read he will get at least a million if we have to pay Nantes, sickening really. Can they prove he organised the flight for Sala? Does it even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wasn’t McKay acting for Nantes and Sala rather than Cardiff. I don’t think we can blame the club if that’s who others choose to represent them.
    Yes Mckay was acting on behalf of Nantes not City.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, not heard one good word about them. Especially when you hear stuff they said about not being interested in Sala at all just doing the deal for the money etc…read he will get at least a million if we have to pay Nantes, sickening really. Can they prove he organised the flight for Sala? Does it even matter?
    I stress I don't know, but wasn't Warnock close to the McKay's? Didn't he distance himself from them? Didn't he sign the two lads for CCFC? I don't know if any of this is connected but I can't help feeling there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes with a lot of kickbacks. All of it is grubby IMO and I'd love someone to follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I stress I don't know, but wasn't Warnock close to the McKay's? Didn't he distance himself from them? Didn't he sign the two lads for CCFC? I don't know if any of this is connected but I can't help feeling there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes with a lot of kickbacks. All of it is grubby IMO and I'd love someone to follow the money.
    Wasn't Warnock's son the McKay lads' agent? As you say...follow the money. Except there isn't any to follow at the moment. The more you look at it, the more Sala comes across as just an innocent pawn in the whole sorry saga.

Hasn’t it been revealed lately that Warnock went over Dalman’s & Choo’s heads to push the deal through? If, as we hope will happen, everything does come out re. The whole tragic & sordid event, will there be a finger pointing frenzy regarding the whole financial aspect of the shitshow? Could be a light the blue touchpaper and retire affair. Did the ‘Could open up a can of worms’ quote from Henderson refer to a wider scam and not just the loss of the plane and lives? There’s definitely an undercurrent to the whole scenario, something stinks.

I have been thinking along them lines. Prior to promotion NW stated at a few Q&As i went too that if we got promotion he would not look at overseas type players, reiterating doing it the Burnley way. He not only went for Sala, but, as we recently learned, went over MD and KCs' heads (the transfer committee) to get VT to buy Sala. I am in no way implicating NW in any under-the-table stuff here, but would he have been given a recommendation by McKay? Who we now know was representing Nantes.
    Feel really sorry for Emiliano's family with all this crap. But this is a complicated saga that has big money involved and big players.
    R.I.P Emiliano

Spedger
    Last edited by Sloop_Jon_Bee; 28-10-21 at 18:58. Reason: grammer

Hasn’t it been revealed lately that Warnock went over Dalman’s & Choo’s heads to push the deal through? If, as we hope will happen, everything does come out re. The whole tragic & sordid event, will there be a finger pointing frenzy regarding the whole financial aspect of the shitshow? Could be a light the blue touchpaper and retire affair. Did the ‘Could open up a can of worms’ quote from Henderson refer to a wider scam and not just the loss of the plane and lives? There’s definitely an undercurrent to the whole scenario, something stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Wasn't Warnock's son the McKay lads' agent? As you say...follow the money. Except there isn't any to follow at the moment. The more you look at it, the more Sala comes across as just an innocent pawn in the whole sorry saga.
    I'd forgotten about that. You're right about no money to follow. I'm still hopeful there's a paper trail somewhere. If not, why not?

Ironically, I think the can of worms has already been opened just by making that quote. This story's going to be investigated - it's only a matter of time. I wouldn't be surprised if The Guardian get their teeth into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I have been thinking along them lines. Prior to promotion NW stated at a few Q&As i went too that if we got promotion he would not look at overseas type players, reiterating doing it the Burnley way. He not only went for Sala, but, as we recently learned, went over MD and KCs' heads (the transfer committee) to get VT to buy Sala. I am in no way implicating NW in any under-the-table stuff here, but would he have been given a recommendation by McKay? Who we now know was representing Nantes.
    Feel really sorry for Emiliano's family with all this crap. But this is a complicated saga that has big money involved and big players.
    R.I.P Emiliano

Spedger
    You're right Spedger, the human cost is the greatest of all.

Saw this video of David Henderson with the actual plane that went down on that pilots forum, never seen this before https://www.bbc.com/news/av/magazine-34492176

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Saw this video of David Henderson with the actual plane that went down on that pilots forum, never seen this before https://www.bbc.com/news/av/magazine-34492176
    Words to pick out from that...dangerous..........addictive............cha llenging. And he gave the gig to an unqualified pilot due to his romantic trip to Paris making him unavailable to fly Sala. Criminal, literally.

I'd forgotten about that. You're right about no money to follow. I'm still hopeful there's a paper trail somewhere. If not, why not?
    From the evidence reported as presented in court, these types of flights are done on the nod with text records being the most damning. Apart from bank transfers, no paperwork at a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Words to pick out from that...dangerous..........addictive............cha llenging. And he gave the gig to an unqualified pilot due to his romantic trip to Paris making him unavailable to fly Sala. Criminal, literally.
    It's a really shocking retrospective video. I had no idea this kind of thing went on. I'm not sure if it's been covered, but does he lose his license? Will he ever be allowed to fly commercially again? I haven't seen this mentioned but I kind of assumed he'd be 'struck off' like an MD. I don't know.

Wow a truly shocking watch Wozza
    How ironic he talks about “ditching a plane in the Atlantic”
    An impossibility I’d imagine at night during an atrocious storm plus he goes on to say he’s known eleven experienced pilots that hadn’t made it- he’s just hung himself right there by employing a pilot who didn’t have the correct paperwork as well as the actual plane’s owner stating she never wanted ibbotson to fly her plane again!!
    Don’t tell me Henderson wasn’t aware of the shocking weather that night - he must have been in touch with ibbotson with regards to time lines and McKays orders to have Sala at Cardiff
    The next day was clear blue sky and flat calm - I remember the weather that evening and the news breaking the plane had gone missing
    If only…….

R.I.P Emiliano