+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Feedback

Re: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's a really shocking retrospective video. I had no idea this kind of thing went on. I'm not sure if it's been covered, but does he lose his license? Will he ever be allowed to fly commercially again? I haven't seen this mentioned but I kind of assumed he'd be 'struck off' like an MD. I don't know.
    I'd be very surprised if the CAA don't suspend all of his licences indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Saw this video of David Henderson with the actual plane that went down on that pilots forum, never seen this before https://www.bbc.com/news/av/magazine-34492176
    That's chilling that it's the actual plane

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Words to pick out from that...dangerous..........addictive............cha llenging. And he gave the gig to an unqualified pilot due to his romantic trip to Paris making him unavailable to fly Sala. Criminal, literally.
    In fairness he was talking about taking something like that across the Atlantic, rather than the channel. Which presumably is dangerous and challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Very chilling indeed , thanks for posting

In fairness he was talking about taking something like that across the Atlantic, rather than the channel. Which presumably is dangerous and challenging.
    A single prop plane....across the Atlantic ....in itself is highly questionable and definately not recommended as is flying a single prop plane across the Channel at night in poor weather. In the clip, Henderson mentions the number of people who have died carrying out this type of work. It's as though he was looking, one day, to fly off into the setting sun with the intention of not being bothered whether he made it or not. Clearly, a risk taker.

I would say so, 4/5 hours over some of the roughest seas in the world and a few storms to contend with…can be bad enough on a jumbo!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I would say so, 4/5 hours over some of the roughest seas in the world and a few storms to contend with…can be bad enough on a jumbo!
    Maybe to someone who is used to delivering tiny planes across the Atlantic, the trip from Nantes to Cardiff didn't seem as risky as it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I'd be very surprised if the CAA don't suspend all of his licences indefinitely.
    Thanks for that.

It's really unsettled me seeing that video I have to say. Didn't expect it to.

Henderson will have plenty of time to reflect on his poor errors of judgment at Her Majesty’s Pleasure

Looks like the video has been taken down

I just watched the video again ?

I just watched it.
    Chilling how he casually talks of "11 pilots who never made it". 12 now.

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    a CPL allows the holder to fly for remuneration whereas if you have a PPL you cannot. The rules are quite clear but holding a CPL doesn't make you immediately a better pilot than a PPL. Quite a lot of CPL holders don't do much flying, certainly if they are instructors.

let me put it this way, if there was no money exchanged, then there would be no question of the rating held by Ibbotson (other than his lapsed night rating).

It may not make you immediately a better pilot, but the bar for a cpl is a lot higher than for a ppl. Both in terms of a harder test, a requirement to have a lot more hours as pilot in command, to have an instrument rating etc.
    Couple that with the fact that the theory qualifications are also a lot more in depth. You need to do cpl theory at the least, although most will do the ATPL(airline theory) exams instead. Even if it hadn't improved his flying to a huge extent, maybe the extra qualifications would have helped him to come to better decisions about when to fly.

Sentencing to n Friday - Max penalty is 5 years plus 2 for the lesser charge.

It they run concurrently and he doesn’t get the full whack he could be out in less than 3 years.

Agree, chilling video, seems a very cavalier attitude to what should be a very much safety first industry

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree, chilling video, seems a very cavalier attitude to what should be a very much safety first industry
    he was operating at an extreme end of that industry though. delivering tiny planes like that across the Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Saw this video of David Henderson with the actual plane that went down on that pilots forum, never seen this before https://www.bbc.com/news/av/magazine-34492176
    Wow. If I’d just signed a £50k a week contract, there would be no way I’d get in a plane like that.