+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Wasn't Warnock's son the McKay lads' agent? As you say...follow the money. Except there isn't any to follow at the moment. The more you look at it, the more Sala comes across as just an innocent pawn in the whole sorry saga.
    I'd forgotten about that. You're right about no money to follow. I'm still hopeful there's a paper trail somewhere. If not, why not?

Saw this video of David Henderson with the actual plane that went down on that pilots forum, never seen this before https://www.bbc.com/news/av/magazine-34492176

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Saw this video of David Henderson with the actual plane that went down on that pilots forum, never seen this before https://www.bbc.com/news/av/magazine-34492176
    That's chilling that it's the actual plane

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Very chilling indeed , thanks for posting

It's really unsettled me seeing that video I have to say. Didn't expect it to.

Wow. If I’d just signed a £50k a week contract, there would be no way I’d get in a plane like that.

Words to pick out from that...dangerous..........addictive............cha llenging. And he gave the gig to an unqualified pilot due to his romantic trip to Paris making him unavailable to fly Sala. Criminal, literally.

Words to pick out from that...dangerous..........addictive............cha llenging. And he gave the gig to an unqualified pilot due to his romantic trip to Paris making him unavailable to fly Sala. Criminal, literally.
    It's a really shocking retrospective video. I had no idea this kind of thing went on. I'm not sure if it's been covered, but does he lose his license? Will he ever be allowed to fly commercially again? I haven't seen this mentioned but I kind of assumed he'd be 'struck off' like an MD. I don't know.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's a really shocking retrospective video. I had no idea this kind of thing went on. I'm not sure if it's been covered, but does he lose his license? Will he ever be allowed to fly commercially again? I haven't seen this mentioned but I kind of assumed he'd be 'struck off' like an MD. I don't know.
    I'd be very surprised if the CAA don't suspend all of his licences indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I'd be very surprised if the CAA don't suspend all of his licences indefinitely.
    Thanks for that.

In fairness he was talking about taking something like that across the Atlantic, rather than the channel. Which presumably is dangerous and challenging.

In fairness he was talking about taking something like that across the Atlantic, rather than the channel. Which presumably is dangerous and challenging.
    I would say so, 4/5 hours over some of the roughest seas in the world and a few storms to contend with…can be bad enough on a jumbo!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I would say so, 4/5 hours over some of the roughest seas in the world and a few storms to contend with…can be bad enough on a jumbo!
    Maybe to someone who is used to delivering tiny planes across the Atlantic, the trip from Nantes to Cardiff didn't seem as risky as it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'd forgotten about that. You're right about no money to follow. I'm still hopeful there's a paper trail somewhere. If not, why not?
    From the evidence reported as presented in court, these types of flights are done on the nod with text records being the most damning. Apart from bank transfers, no paperwork at a guess.

Wow a truly shocking watch Wozza
    How ironic he talks about “ditching a plane in the Atlantic”
    An impossibility I’d imagine at night during an atrocious storm plus he goes on to say he’s known eleven experienced pilots that hadn’t made it- he’s just hung himself right there by employing a pilot who didn’t have the correct paperwork as well as the actual plane’s owner stating she never wanted ibbotson to fly her plane again!!
    Don’t tell me Henderson wasn’t aware of the shocking weather that night - he must have been in touch with ibbotson with regards to time lines and McKays orders to have Sala at Cardiff
    The next day was clear blue sky and flat calm - I remember the weather that evening and the news breaking the plane had gone missing
    If only…….

R.I.P Emiliano

A single prop plane....across the Atlantic ....in itself is highly questionable and definately not recommended as is flying a single prop plane across the Channel at night in poor weather. In the clip, Henderson mentions the number of people who have died carrying out this type of work. It's as though he was looking, one day, to fly off into the setting sun with the intention of not being bothered whether he made it or not. Clearly, a risk taker.

Henderson will have plenty of time to reflect on his poor errors of judgment at Her Majesty’s Pleasure

Looks like the video has been taken down

I just watched the video again ?

I just watched it.
    Chilling how he casually talks of "11 pilots who never made it". 12 now.

Sentencing to n Friday - Max penalty is 5 years plus 2 for the lesser charge.

It they run concurrently and he doesn’t get the full whack he could be out in less than 3 years.

Agree, chilling video, seems a very cavalier attitude to what should be a very much safety first industry

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree, chilling video, seems a very cavalier attitude to what should be a very much safety first industry
    he was operating at an extreme end of that industry though. delivering tiny planes like that across the Atlantic