+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wouldn't be enamoured with Wilder being appointed.
    Me neither. However, it's looking more and more probable that if we don't make a change soon we'll fall into the bottom three and struggle to get out. Again, Cardiff City has got itself into a great position, failed to capitalise and now we're desperate. MM was hired on a short term contract, did what was needed and gave the club the luxury of almost six months to find a suitable long-term replacement. The lazy, unimaginative short-termism the club has demonstrated since our most recent relegation is sickening.

7 in a row, Mick's a legend.
    Can he make it 8 and claim a spot on his own in our record books?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Evans didn't play at all.
    Yes he did. Came on alongside Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Am I right in thinking he was stubborn in his ways as well or am I remembering that differently?

He's obviously done well and could do a job here but I have lingering doubts. It's almost like it's impossible to to please us in this search.. I just don't want a carbon copy again, I am crying out for change.
    I'm not really sure mate. Only going on how bad they were during the relegation season, and by god, it was bad. SU looked amateur on times. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh, (i am being harsh) but that was a fall from grace in my opinion. No issue with them being relegated, it's the way they were relegated. just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not really sure mate. Only going on how bad they were during the relegation season, and by god, it was bad. SU looked amateur on times. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh, (i am being harsh) but that was a fall from grace in my opinion. No issue with them being relegated, it's the way they were relegated. just my opinion.
    He got them promoted without parachute payments and then kept them up by being innovative tatically. It just didn't work for them the second season, their defensive solidity seemed to disappear and they had nothing to offer up front. I'd like to see if he can recapture what he set up with SU. I can't see Flint or Morrison working as an overlapping Centre back, but we've seen McGuiness and Brown used as sort of wing backs, and we've seen pack used in the back line, so perhaps it isn't a million miles away

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He got them promoted without parachute payments and then kept them up by being innovative tatically. It just didn't work for them the second season, their defensive solidity seemed to disappear and they had nothing to offer up front. I'd like to see if he can recapture what he set up with SU. I can't see Flint or Morrison working as an overlapping Centre back, but we've seen McGuiness and Brown used as sort of wing backs, and we've seen pack used in the back line, so perhaps it isn't a million miles away
    I can't really believe people are turning their noses up at Wilder considering the state we're in. His record is fantastic and at 54 is hardly ancient in managerial terms, his last season at Sheffield United was very bad but that shouldn't discount his successes prior (which of course includes a 9th placed finish in the Premier League)

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes he did. Came on alongside Harris.
    He looks a good prospect, too.