+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt it will be Wilder.

More Mick on Saturday anyway which is a huge mistake. We need points badly.
    We are in big trouble. We don't even have one player on form, not one of them is performing. That's a massive worry when everyone on the playing side of things is utter shite. Most teams at the bottom can say that there's at least one positive. We were shit before Mick arrived, but it seems like he's rinsed anything good out of this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We’ll always have Portsmouth
    we were in Southampton, stop off prior to the Portsmouth game, is this another Watford/Reading moment Grandad..?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Of the available realistic options, seems the most appropriate.
    There are accomplished managers and young managers available in other parts of the world who will become better than Wilder.

If your horizons stretch 300 miles or to people who have managed in the top two divisions in england over the last three or four seasons who aren’t gonna ask for huuge wages then yes, Wilder is the most realistic and appropriate option.

He’ll do a job and his football will be a lot more similar to that of the DJ era….he also seems like a decent person.

I would just love it if the club has the type of ambition that Leeds had when they went and got Bielsa. Or the type of gumption than Brentford have shown… something refreshingly un-cardiff. Or even give someone like Rowberry a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    There are accomplished managers and young managers available in other parts of the world who will become better than Wilder.

If your horizons stretch 300 miles or to people who have managed in the top two divisions in england over the last three or four seasons who aren’t gonna ask for huuge wages then yes, Wilder is the most realistic and appropriate option.

He’ll do a job and his football will be a lot more similar to that of the DJ era….he also seems like a decent person.

I would just love it if the club has the type of ambition that Leeds had when they went and got Bielsa. Or the type of gumption than Brentford have shown… something refreshingly un-cardiff. Or even give someone like Rowberry a shot.
    I wouldn't be enamoured with Wilder being appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Our youth just aren’t ready

But our more experienced players are crap

Basically we’re crap
    Give em a chance.. They need support and encouragement and a bit of patience from us all.

Not saying you don't offer that, obviously an opinion on a game is what it is

First Team

While I agree, I just think he would be the best option in the circs. We're in freefall. We need action quickly or we'll be looking up at Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We are in big trouble. We don't even have one player on form, not one of them is performing. That's a massive worry when everyone on the playing side of things is utter shite. Most teams at the bottom can say that there's at least one positive. We were shit before Mick arrived, but it seems like he's rinsed anything good out of this squad.
    Form can change quickly

I wouldn't be enamoured with Wilder being appointed.
    Neither would I. What is it about him that doesn’t float your boat?

Cardiff manager Mick McCarthy:

"It leaves me on the back end of a real horrible run of results. If football is true to its usual stuff, we know what happens - but I can't do anything about that.

"We've come back in off a bad defeat against Swansea, we've certainly had a better performance and I'll be doing exactly the same for Middlesbrough until I'm told differently.

"If we perform like that against other teams then we'll win games, but I'm afraid Fulham were too good and too strong for us."

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    Cardiff manager Mick McCarthy:

"It leaves me on the back end of a real horrible run of results. If football is true to its usual stuff, we know what happens - but I can't do anything about that.

"We've come back in off a bad defeat against Swansea, we've certainly had a better performance and I'll be doing exactly the same for Middlesbrough until I'm told differently.

"If we perform like that against other teams then we'll win games, but I'm afraid Fulham were too good and too strong for us."
    Do the right thing and resign butty ….unless you’re totally skint….which you’re not.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Form can change quickly
    unfortunately shit players under a shit manager can't

Neither would I. What is it about him that doesn’t float your boat?
    I think it was the fallout of the second season in the premier league. Sheffield United were disastrous in every respect. So bad that they'd have struggled at championship level. For me, it sort of indicated that Wilder ran out of ideas very quickly and in a warnock kind of way, damaged irreparably any of the good work that he carried out, to the point that it could take sheffield united some time to recover. This may sound harsh, but a more sophisticated Warnock.

I think it was the fallout of the second season in the premier league. Sheffield United were disastrous in every respect. So bad that they'd have struggled at championship level. For me, it sort of indicated that Wilder ran out of ideas very quickly and in a warnock kind of way, damaged irreparably any of the good work that he carried out, to the point that it could take sheffield united some time to recover. This may sound harsh, but a more sophisticated Warnock.
    It is harsh. Sheffield United were in League One when Wilder took over, so they definitely benefitted from his time there even if they only manage to stay in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Well, that was shite.

Now we know why we don't play it out from the back...
    we can't.
    At least we know we've got the support if we try and change things.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

Word is he won't be here long.

I thought there were more crumbs today than on Sunday. Good crumbs.

Who cares what Mick does though anyway, he’s on his way and these last few games have just been irrelevant.
    I can't comment on the game as I didn't see it but there seemed to be positive changes and a few encouraging performances?

With you on MM he's done pointless keeping that conversation alive.

Am I right in thinking he was stubborn in his ways as well or am I remembering that differently?

He's obviously done well and could do a job here but I have lingering doubts. It's almost like it's impossible to to please us in this search.. I just don't want a carbon copy again, I am crying out for change.

He went all in on one idea, one career long plan that didn't work out.

You'd hope with a newer type manager they'd have a bit more in the arsenal, I certainly think the newer managers are more bold and brave. We need a new type of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not sure he'd understand the nuances of the game
    Basketball is his game.

Re: FULHAM v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Evans has looked bright

Colwill looked very good first half

The issue, as ever, is our dreadful midfield
    Evans didn't play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

The players are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He came on for Colwill after 73 mins

Ooops.....

Finally you admit to not actually us. Boring windup merchant

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Am I right in thinking he was stubborn in his ways as well or am I remembering that differently?

He's obviously done well and could do a job here but I have lingering doubts. It's almost like it's impossible to to please us in this search.. I just don't want a carbon copy again, I am crying out for change.
    He lost his way in the market, seemingly had no idea how to improve the side at that level and they ended up signing some stinkers. Maybe he was too loyal to the system and players that got Sheffield United to the PL and didn't want to rock the boat too much.

I'd take Wilder tomorrow if he was up for it, he's not exactly a young manager but he's not in the dinosaur category and I think he's less of a risk than going completely left-field and getting young progressive manager (I'd love us to move toward that eventually, but I don't think it's feasible with the squad we have right now). Priority has to be avoiding relegation this season and hopefully we can rebuild next season when a ton of contracts are up, I think Wilder is a good choice for that job.