+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FULHAM v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

This all looks a bit too promising?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    This all looks a bit too promising?
    It's encouraging seeing our players actually press now. Swap Giles and Colwill and we might get something from this

HT 0-0 not bad

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I'm actually enjoying watching this wtf!?!
    Yeah , dont tell anyone but its not a bad game. You can see the difference in quality but there is some of that destructive emotion. Hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    It's encouraging seeing our players actually press now. Swap Giles and Colwill and we might get something from this
    Agree. Bagan and Colwill just not linking well

Amazing how much more balanced you can look when you don't play 5 cbs.

I'm sure we still struggle but the fact we line up like this away to Fulham makes the surrender at Swansea all the stranger.

We are actually passing the ball and playing football against a quality side. We could even be winning with a huge slice of luck. Colwill doing well and so are a few others. Why didn't we play this side against Swansea?

Still no first half goal this season. Averaging one a game in the second half. Nick this 0-1?

Imagine we lined up like this against the Jacks. Mick bottled it

interesting seeing the highlights of the kids. who is responsible for them playing like that? it's a surprise we have people so forward minded employed at the club

We still look vulnerable at the back to a slick Fulham side but it is so much better. Who would have thought that by playing further up the pitch we’ve actually not conceded

McGuiness looks good at centre half ( like we’ve all been saying). Colwill has played well.

I would love to hear McCarthy explain his thinking behind the complete change of formation and team selection!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Some ball retention, whatever next?
    Only ball retention is coming from the youngsters, the more established players looked programmed to hoof it every ball.
    Every time Smithies gets the ball he ushers every player forward for the hoof upfield, Bagan dropped a few times to collect off Smithies only to be waved away and back up field. This has to be the managers tactics so shows change the players but hard to change the style.
    Lets hope we can put Vaulks, Pack & Bacuna on gardening leave and get some creative midfielders in at January along with a positive manager and we may be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Amazing how much more balanced you can look when you don't play 5 cbs.

I'm sure we still struggle but the fact we line up like this away to Fulham makes the surrender at Swansea all the stranger.
    When you play 5 rigid defenders you put more pressure on yourself, no outlet in a wing back to pass into midfield and move up the pitch as a unit you end up putting yourself under more pressure so it's basically counter productive and you end up defending more because you can't get out with the ball. I'm not a football manager mind so maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    We still look vulnerable at the back to a slick Fulham side but it is so much better. Who would have thought that by playing further up the pitch we’ve actually not conceded

McGuiness looks good at centre half ( like we’ve all been saying). Colwill has played well.

I would love to hear McCarthy explain his thinking behind the complete change of formation and team selection!
    He'll lie. It's the team we've all been calling for. How the hell is this guy a manager!

If nothing else performances like this with the youngsters showing they can play a bit might make us a bit more attractive to the next manager

Well that's unfortunate

whoomp there it is...

It’s that sloppiness on the edge of the box that did for us again.

Not a bad option to have on the bench

Moore has been poor in the second half

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If nothing else performances like this with the youngsters showing they can play a bit might make us a bit more attractive to the next manager
    A few have said they'd rather see us attempt to play even if results don't always go our way, I'm not watching as pubs can't have red button.. But I'd get behind this week in week out it sounds positive.

When you have players like Cairney on the bench who can come on and make Fulham look a lot more dangerous and immediately score. We haven't got a touch this second half. One of the only times in their half Moore with a 30 yard run and Colwill standing offside :(

Important to take heart from the shape and performance so far and not let heads drop.
    Keep working hard and if we can get the last 5 mins then we will have a chance.

So weird why Mickey chose to have a go at one of the best teams in the league away whilst basically just bending over for the last 5 or so….

.....why?