+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: People calling for Tan to go

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: People calling for Tan to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm not sure it should concern is just how much the guy is prepared to.lose on his investment but obviously the lower the asking price the more likely it is we shall attract potential new owners.

However, as pointed out earlier, how much longer can he continue to fight for his investment amid growing losses. There's a point where no sensible moneyman will throw more good money after bad.
    I didn't want to get involved in it all, but the thing to me is it shouldn't matter how much he's put in when thinking of what he wants to get back, he may have paid x amount and put y amount in but things go up and down in value. I don't care if Gloria's house was worth 100k and she's spent 23 on improvements, that's her issue she's invested 123k, if the house is worth 56 I'm paying 56.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I didn't want to get involved in it all, but the thing to me is it shouldn't matter how much he's put in when thinking of what he wants to get back, he may have paid x amount and put y amount in but things go up and down in value. I don't care if Gloria's house was worth 100k and she's spent 23 on improvements, that's her issue she's invested 123k, if the house is worth 56 I'm paying 56.
    Gloria has had a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    That depends of course whether Gloria will sell it for 56 or if she is in hock to a lender for a lot more whether the lender will allow her to sell it. There are lots of flats in Cardiff Bay which, due mainly to cladding issues, are unsaleable because of , in the main, negative equity. Here we have a multi millionaire, or after present Asian market uplifts billionaire, viz. Tan who has sunk in excess of £125million into CCFC which, according to a long established poster, is worth zilch. In the circumstances how much is Vincent prepared to lose on his investment by selling the club even if there was a buyer?. For those economic gurus calling for Tan to leave this is a question that has to be addressed. IMO Vincent will be here for a long time yet.