Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
I dont think ive seen anyone calling for him to go.

If he goes we go bust dont we.?
Almost certainly - unless there is another regime out there with a sickening human rights record that wants to perfume their reputation by buying a European football club via their Sovereign Wealth Fund?

But to be fair there have not been many calls for Tan to walk away from the club (with his cheque book). There have been plenty of calls for Dalman and Choo to go - mainly over manager selection and contracts, partly over poor club communication, and a lot over recruitment decisions that stem from 2-3 years ago.

I haven't heard anyone claim recently that Tan is picking the team.

Tan may have gone very quiet in the past few years but he is still funding the club and I believe the accounts that he gets up in the middle of the night to watch every match and is in regular contact with Damlan/Choo and less regular contact with the manager.

We are in trouble at the moment - but I don't have any arguments with a change of strategy (unannounced) to bring through players from the Academy and reduce the wage bill. That said, I did expect Tomlin. Murphy and Wintle to be options this season - without them (and this may be partly his own fault) Mick had a harder job on his hands.