+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: People calling for Tan to go

Re: People calling for Tan to go

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If this is the case, does it mean Vincent Tan will own Cardiff City until he dies? And what happens then?

If not, what do you reckon are the likeliest future scenarios?
    If you had £100K mortgage on your house and due to a number of circumstances it is now worth £10k, however rich you are you are not minded to sell it. However if your house , again due to a number of circumstances, has the potential over time to be worth considerably more than £100k you might look at selling. IMO the club has to be worth something close to what it owes Tan for him to contemplate selling. We are lucky in the sense that most of our debt is owed to Tan not to banks or other lenders but because of this it seems likely that unless there is a quick change in the club fortunes Tan is likely to be in situ for a good time. I, like you, have little idea as to what the future holds but it seems that we, like a host of other clubs, have to come to terms with economic reality and start by stop paying grossly obscene wages to ordinary players. The average Championship player salary for 20/21 season is reported at over £29K per week, much more than your average Joe earns in a year. This lunatic scenario is not sustainable and will have to addressed by Tan, and many other clubs, in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The thing is, it is his club and his money. He can basically do what he likes and all the sniping and moaning is a waste of time. Fans would be better off using their time and efforts to get behind the team and help get them out of this dreadful run before it is too late. That, after all, is what the fans ‘job’ is. How can anyone call themselves a fan if they don't go to games or stop going because they don't like the manager, individual players, team tactics or the owner/chairman. That to me is the antithesis of what a fan should be.
    He CAN do what he wants yes. But surely you want him to do what is best?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The thing is, it is his club and his money. He can basically do what he likes and all the sniping and moaning is a waste of time. Fans would be better off using their time and efforts to get behind the team and help get them out of this dreadful run before it is too late. That, after all, is what the fans ‘job’ is. How can anyone call themselves a fan if they don't go to games or stop going because they don't like the manager, individual players, team tactics or the owner/chairman. That to me is the antithesis of what a fan should be.
    How Wikipedia defines sports fan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_...social%20media.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    With an earwig on the badge.
    The team playing in blue would go back to just having a bluebird as a badge i.e the badge worn when I first went down in season 68/69

The team playing in red would have a giant millipede as it's badge.

Meanwhile the team playing in blue and red would feature a bluebird with a giant centipede in it's mouth

We all know the solution is to appoint a football person to run things. Preferably someone with an affiliation with the club that can connect with the fans. But that's isn't going to happen. Tan wants his mate to run things as he trusts him with his money and said mate doesn't know anything about football so it's wipe and repeat from here on in.

Forget a DOF. The first and most pressing matter is getting Mick and TC out of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    If you had £100K mortgage on your house and due to a number of circumstances it is now worth £10k, however rich you are you are not minded to sell it. However if your house , again due to a number of circumstances, has the potential over time to be worth considerably more than £100k you might look at selling. IMO the club has to be worth something close to what it owes Tan for him to contemplate selling. We are lucky in the sense that most of our debt is owed to Tan not to banks or other lenders but because of this it seems likely that unless there is a quick change in the club fortunes Tan is likely to be in situ for a good time. I, like you, have little idea as to what the future holds but it seems that we, like a host of other clubs, have to come to terms with economic reality and start by stop paying grossly obscene wages to ordinary players. The average Championship player salary for 20/21 season is reported at over £29K per week, much more than your average Joe earns in a year. This lunatic scenario is not sustainable and will have to addressed by Tan, and many other clubs, in the near future.
    You are ignoring the running costs. On purely economic grounds most people would sell something for £10K right now if it costs them £1K a month in running costs for the year ahead and when they are unlikely to be achieve a selling price that rises more than £1K per month. The cost to Tan is escalating month by month.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You are ignoring the running costs. On purely economic grounds most people would sell something for £10K right now if it costs them £1K a month in running costs for the year ahead and when they are unlikely to be achieve a selling price that rises more than £1K per month. The cost to Tan is escalating month by month.
    You ignore the fact that Tan is rich enough to afford the running costs and to a billionaire are probably just a nuisance. He is probably in a position where he could pick and choose when and if to sell but only an idiot, and you cannot call Tan an idiot, would be likely to contemplate selling up now. Having watched the U23’s this season and just now, he might get lucky and be able to cash in some budding Grealish or two coming through.

You ignore the fact that Tan is rich enough to afford the running costs and to a billionaire are probably just a nuisance. He is probably in a position where he could pick and choose when and if to sell but only an idiot, and you cannot call Tan an idiot, would be likely to contemplate selling up now. Having watched the U23’s this season and just now, he might get lucky and be able to cash in some budding Grealish or two coming through.
    I am not ignoring that at all. I referred to your analogy that didn't include running costs and I included a reference to 'purely economic grounds' because ownership of football clubs are indeed not based entirely on pure economic grounds (as your analogy suggested)

I am not ignoring that at all. I referred to your analogy that didn't include running costs and I included a reference to 'purely economic grounds' because ownership of football clubs are indeed not based entirely on pure economic grounds (as your analogy suggested)
    Welcome to ccmb where people can't be wrong so keep on typing.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Welcome to ccmb where people can't be wrong so keep on typing.
    It's no crime debating things on a message board and on a civil basis, you know. Try it sometime.

It's no crime debating things on a message board and on a civil basis, you know. Try it sometime.
    I see you took my post the wrong way.

Oh well.

Exactly that.

It isn't a case of being right and wrong.
    Everybody isn't right 100% of the time either.

If you can't discuss/debate it here then where can you?

I do think some mix up support at the stadium with discussing topics on message boards though but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Exactly that.

It isn't a case of being right and wrong.
    Everybody isn't right 100% of the time either.

If you can't discuss/debate it here then where can you?

I do think some mix up support at the stadium with discussing topics on message boards though but it happens.
    In this case, I was referring to the person TBG was talking to, I thought TBG was right but the person then replied with a different view to what they originally started with, seemed like moving the goal posts as not to lose, hence my reply to TBG who although usually rather intelligent, seems to have gotten a little sensitive to my reply, judging from the response I got. Oooooh bitchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You can't have a Director of Football until you have someone competent enough to choose the right person for the job.

If it's left to Choo and Dalman to pick the best man for the job, i.e. someone who has a wealth of football knowledge but hasn't held such a position before, then you wouldn't be overly confident they'd get it right - in the same way they seldom get their managerial selection right.
    The chain of events would require Choo and Dalman to leave first, before a DoF was brought in.

If they were to remain, the only hope would be that they headhunt a 'tried and tested' DoF who is currently employed at another club, but that will likely come at a high risk of compensation payment.
    Nail on head.
    There isn’t anyone at board level at the club who could make decent football decisions

In this case, I was referring to the person TBG was talking to, I thought TBG was right but the person then replied with a different view to what they originally started with, seemed like moving the goal posts as not to lose, hence my reply to TBG who although usually rather intelligent, seems to have gotten a little sensitive to my reply, judging from the response I got. Oooooh bitchy.
    Laughing here, dembe, old fruit - and accompanied with apologies from yours truly

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    We all know the solution is to appoint a football person to run things. Preferably someone with an affiliation with the club that can connect with the fans. But that's isn't going to happen. Tan wants his mate to run things as he trusts him with his money and said mate doesn't know anything about football so it's wipe and repeat from here on in.
    Why are Swansea consistently successful despite changes in manager ?
    They have a senior advisor in Curtis who has been in football for many years, most spent at the club

Laughing here, dembe, old fruit - and accompanied with apologies from yours truly
    I understand the confusion as I replied to you and the post had no indication what the **** I was talking about

I understand the confusion as I replied to you and the post had no indication what the **** I was talking about
    Splendid. We are all chums again! Thank the Lord.....

He is probably in a position where he could pick and choose when and if to sell but only an idiot, and you cannot call Tan an idiot, would be likely to contemplate selling up now.
    Would it be idiotic to stop pouring money into a failed project and cut your losses?

Bear in mind that Cardiff City Football Club under the stewardship of Tan and his minions even managed to lose money in the Premier League. Twice.

Would it be idiotic to stop pouring money into a failed project and cut your losses?

Bear in mind that Cardiff City Football Club under the stewardship of Tan and his minions even managed to lose money in the Premier League. Twice.
    I think it isn't unusual for clubs to lose money in their first year in the premier League, as there is often a lot of squad strenghening to do. I think we last made a profit in 2019, bit most of our recent seasons have been a loss.
    Sadly most championship sides are making losses most of the time

Splendid. We are all chums again! Thank the Lord.....
    Not that it matters to most, but generally I am always friends on here. A lot gets lost in translation when you type, me and my mate had a chat about it Sunday after we had disagreement/misunderstanding on the Saturday and talked it through over txt. He said to me Sunday that I was pissed off Saturday and replying in an angry manner etc, which was all laughed off when we saw each other on the Sunday and things were explained better dace to face..

Not sure why I've typed that out but it seemed relevant before I started to ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it isn't unusual for clubs to lose money in their first year in the premier League, as there is often a lot of squad strengthening to do.
    I think I'm right in saying that CCFC has made a profit just once or maybe twice during Tan's reign, and each time the profit was relatively small, especially by comparison to the losses.

The club has decided to cut its losses on players often enough in recent years. I don't think it would be at all idiotic if Tan was to decide to cut his losses on the club. On the contrary, unless he's going to dramatically change the way he runs the club, it would seem the sensible thing to do.

I think I'm right in saying that CCFC has made a profit just once or maybe twice during Tan's reign, and each time the profit was relatively small, especially by comparison to the losses.

The club has decided to cut its losses on players often enough in recent years. I don't think it would be at all idiotic if Tan was to decide to cut his losses on the club. On the contrary, unless he's going to dramatically change the way he runs the club, it would seem the sensible thing to do.
    When you talk about cutting one’s losses put a figure on it. Presumably we are not talking about a couple of grand but hundreds of millions. Put a figure on what you think CCFC is presently worth.

When you talk about cutting one’s losses put a figure on it. Presumably we are not talking about a couple of grand but hundreds of millions. Put a figure on what you think CCFC is presently worth.
    It's not worth a cockle.