Thread: People calling for Tan to go

People calling for Tan to go

Wise up.

Best owner we've had for a very long time

Re: People calling for Tan to go

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wise up.

Agree. Its the same people who never wanted him here in the first place. They keep repeating that he hasn't done anything for us, when actually he has presided over a 10 year period of unprecedented success. If he did go, we would be right up shit creek without a paddle.

Go through the list of managers he has picked and tell me which ones were good or bad.

Take the two promotions out of the equation, which were followed up by instant relegation, and it has been almost one way traffic on a downward spiral.

If by best owner he pays money out of his own pocket then yes he has.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Agree. Its the same people who never wanted him here in the first place. They keep repeating that he hasn't done anything for us, when actually he has presided over a 10 year period of unprecedented success. If he did go, we would be right up shit creek without a paddle.
    This owner has got us on the brink of our lowest league placing in 18 years.

I know you love your league positions.

I dont think ive seen anyone calling for him to go.

If he goes we go bust dont we.?

Nobody has called for him to go, no.

What they have asked is that he stops pi$$ing his money up the wall by employing people to run the club that aren't qualified.

No it isn’t, he can’t pick a decent CEO or manager, we are like the graveyard of managers, do any go into anything after us? OGS exception but I don’t think he has long left.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Go through the list of managers he has picked and tell me which ones were good or bad.

Take the two promotions out of the equation, which were followed up by instant relegation, and it has been almost one way traffic on a downward spiral.

This is just pure unadulterated rubbish. Right on cue you turn up like a bad penny, obviously recognising my description of people like you. No surprise that you have been sticking your nose into so many threads in the last few weeks, revelling in City's misfortune. Thats all you are getting off me, as I no longer communicate with morons.

Nobody has called for him to go, no.

What they have asked is that he stops pi$$ing his money up the wall by employing people to run the club that aren't qualified.
    Exactly…seems to find it very difficult and even when we get a decent manager in malky it goes titsup anyway

This is just pure unadulterated rubbish. Right on cue you turn up like a bad penny, obviously recognising my description of people like you. No surprise that you have been sticking your nose into so many threads in the last few weeks, revelling in City's misfortune. Thats all you are getting off me, as I no longer communicate with morons.
    I'm always here.

It is you that has disappeared for long periods. Mainly because your prediction that we will be just fine has gone to **** and you made yourself look a prize plank with the whole Madine loan fee nonsense.

List the managers, you'll be surprised the utter crap that we have employed.

Let’s not bite the hands that feeds us.
    Granted he has put some poor choices with key personnel - but he keeps on putting the money in.
    (Let’s not reopen the Rebrand issue either).

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think ive seen anyone calling for him to go.

If he goes we go bust dont we.?
    Almost certainly - unless there is another regime out there with a sickening human rights record that wants to perfume their reputation by buying a European football club via their Sovereign Wealth Fund?

But to be fair there have not been many calls for Tan to walk away from the club (with his cheque book). There have been plenty of calls for Dalman and Choo to go - mainly over manager selection and contracts, partly over poor club communication, and a lot over recruitment decisions that stem from 2-3 years ago.

I haven't heard anyone claim recently that Tan is picking the team.

Tan may have gone very quiet in the past few years but he is still funding the club and I believe the accounts that he gets up in the middle of the night to watch every match and is in regular contact with Damlan/Choo and less regular contact with the manager.

We are in trouble at the moment - but I don't have any arguments with a change of strategy (unannounced) to bring through players from the Academy and reduce the wage bill. That said, I did expect Tomlin. Murphy and Wintle to be options this season - without them (and this may be partly his own fault) Mick had a harder job on his hands.

I would say anyone who is mildly intelligent and knows a little bit about football do not want him to go.
    A lot worse owners out there.

He needs to choose his advisers wiser and get people in who are football men.

I think it's a question of trust.
    He probably feels he has been burnt a couple of times so I kind of get why he hasn't done thus far.

I really do hope he has been active in recent times to put that right.
    I ain't holding my breath though.

Take out the two promotions

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Let’s not bite the hands that feeds us.
    Granted he has put some poor choices with key personnel - but he keeps on putting the money in.
    (Let’s not reopen the Rebrand issue either).
    you shouldn't have done that ...!

Tan doesn't need to go, he just needs to appoint someone to run his club (and spend his money) who knows what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Tan doesn't need to go, he just needs to appoint someone to run his club (and spend his money) who knows what they're doing.
    And if he's not prepared to do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Let’s see how he likes league 1 football and the value of his club when it’s nowhere near the sunshine league

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Let’s see how he likes league 1 football and the value of his club when it’s nowhere near the sunshine league
    Fair comment goats - I think we'll be in the bottom 3 by the end of this week that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Alright then, let's keep them in.
    We are the only team to get relegated straight away in our first two seasons.

Despite the money from the promotions and the parachute payments we now seem to be in a worse position than many teams that didn't have that luxury. Who is to blame do you think?

We are grateful to Tan for putting his hand in his pocket but the time has come to realise we have people in key positions who are quite plainly out of their depth.

He would be paying less out of his own pocket every season if he had people who got him more value for the money he was paying and could get him a manager that they hadn't drawn out of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    And ignore the other 8 years and Tan has presided over a true debacle for the other 5 weeks

And ignore the other 8 years and Tan has presided over a true debacle for the other 5 weeks
    You still looking for proof of that Madine loan fee? 😄🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It's his decision of course, but he's the one who's going to end up with an asset worth considerably less than he paid for it if we go down.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wise up.

Do you want to have Tan’s babies ?