+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: People calling for Tan to go

Re: People calling for Tan to go

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Are there any one-team cities of half a million people that DONT have a team in the higher rungs of the efl ?
    There are no one-team cities of half a million people in the UK apart from Leeds.

Some sites quote misleading population figures based on metropolitan district populations (so some have Bradford over 500,000 but that includes a good few satellite towns).

Cardiff's population is around 340,000.

But with its bigger catchment area and capital city status it should be established in the Premier League regardless of city population.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Huw Jenkins did a better job
    Huw Jenkins wasn't has bad as he's made out to be..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Are you ankles or Sugarman?
    I know you're upset Stockholm, but it's a bit cowardly to bring me into the equation (by name) isn't it?

I've said nothing about Tan and his minions in recent times, so why mention me? By name? While hiding behind an anonymous username?

Fair shout my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Fair shout my apologies.
    Accepted.

In an ideal world the bullshitters who say they are proud to be welsh and have plenty of money would see what a successful football team does for a city and its region

But they are bullshitters

So we have had in the past local businessmen and now we have Vincent Tan

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

It is always thus

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In an ideal world the bullshitters who say they are proud to be welsh and have plenty of money would see what a successful football team does for a city and its region

But they are bullshitters

So we have had in the past local businessmen and now we have Vincent Tan

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

It is always thus
    What are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    What are you on about?

The way the club is run is an utter farce. The board of directors consists of Dalman, Ken, Borley, Datuk Caramella, Derek Chin and Abdul Rasheed. There are non-league clubs with more football nous and knowledge than that lot.

Competitor clubs must look on in amazement at the way the money the club has been given from VT, the Premier League and parachute payments has been squandered.

How is it even possible for a team of such utter awfulness to take the field on Sunday? Dubious agents, Neil and James Warnock and sundry other characters have exploited the weapons-grade levels of incompetence of the ludicrous ‘transfer committee’ reducing us to that. God knows where we go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Choo and Dalman have been lucky enough to do their jobs at a time when City had someone far richer than any previous owner of the club in place and yet they’ve still presided over a club which is on its worst run in thirty five years. With the money Tan has put in, we should be in a far better position in the table and not playing such mind numbingly boring football.
    Maybe money isn't everything, and we ought to start with a good plan, get a good structure at the club, and start building where it doesn't need money pumped in to make changes.

What are you on about?
    Cardiff and its surrounding area could put the city on the map with a successful football club

Yet local business and celebrities don't seem to want to know

Tony Clemo was not perfect but he did his best

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cardiff and its surrounding area could put the city on the map with a successful football club

Yet local business and celebrities don't seem to want to know

Tony Clemo was not perfect but he did his best
    Who exactly are you calling out? What a strange post.

It seems obvious to me
    A vote of confidence for VT no?

When Tan took over the club we had just lost a playoff final. In 7 of the 11 seasons since his takeover, we have failed to do as well as the season prior to that takeover.

I can't see that as being successful.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There are no one-team cities of half a million people in the UK apart from Leeds.

Some sites quote misleading population figures based on metropolitan district populations (so some have Bradford over 500,000 but that includes a good few satellite towns).

Cardiff's population is around 340,000.

But with its bigger catchment area and capital city status it should be established in the Premier League regardless of city population.
    Ye....I realise I was a bit generous on the half a million.

My point is , if we had gone out of business 12 or 13 years ago and had to reform in non-league, it'd be highly unlikely that we'd be much lower than we are at present, given the amount of money that would be invested in a club with the fanbase and catchment area we have. That's not me being arrogant , I just think it's the most logical outcome. We are not Halifax, Wrexham or Southend.

People can talk about Tan saving us, but there is a reasonable likelihood that had he not saved us , we would be in a similar or even better situation now.

We would be better in that we would likely have more supporter involvement. We'd more likely have a team and a style of football that we'd all like to see.

Ye....I realise I was a bit generous on the half a million.

My point is , if we had gone out of business 12 or 13 years ago and had to reform in non-league, it'd be highly unlikely that we'd be much lower than we are at present, given the amount of money that would be invested in a club with the fanbase and catchment area we have. That's not me being arrogant , I just think it's the most logical outcome. We are not Halifax, Wrexham or Southend.

People can talk about Tan saving us, but there is a reasonable likelihood that had he not saved us , we would be in a similar or even better situation now.

We would be better in that we would likely have more supporter involvement. We'd more likely have a team and a style of football that we'd all like to see.
    Its not logical. It's an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wise up.

Best owner we've had for a very long time
    Anyone calling for tan "to go" is a moron howling in the wind. Go where? It's his club. Who would fire him? Is anybody actually stupid enough not to grasp this?

if we had gone out of business 12 or 13 years ago and had to reform in non-league, it'd be highly unlikely that we'd be much lower than we are at present.
    We'd have missed a season in the EPL. We would have missed more than a decade in the top two tiers. These things were pipe dreams in the 1990s, and the idea that we would have marched through the non leagues back to our current spot is fanciful in the extreme. You talk about the potential for investment- were you around in the 1990s? We were a better buy back then, when everyone actually thought we would get crowds of 40k+ if we made it to what is now the championship.

I disagree with your statement.

Think the point he's making that no one locally is willing to invest in Cardiff to exploit the potential population of inner Cardiff and its surrounding area , therefore we must accept that Vincent is by far the only loyal business friend we have willing to support us with his own money .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think the point he's making that no one locally is willing to invest in Cardiff to exploit the potential population of inner Cardiff and its surrounding area , therefore we must accept that Vincent is by far the only loyal business friend we have willing to support us with his own money .
    We’ll say that init

Blokes talking rubbish. Acting as if wearily people local to Cardiff owe the club or the city anything,

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Maybe money isn't everything, and we ought to start with a good plan, get a good structure at the club, and start building where it doesn't need money pumped in to make changes.
    Money is a very good starting point though and my point is that the owner has pumped enough in for any vaguely competent CEO and Chairman to have made a better job of running the club than ours have.

I’d like to believe that Tan, Dalman and Choo would finally see the light and accept that they don’t have the football knowledge collectively to tyrn us into, for example, a Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Brentford or even a Coventry, but City fans have been talking about the need for something like a Director of Football for five years and more and we’re still as far away as ever from appointing one.

I’m guessing and I may be wrong, but I think the Mackay/Moody incident deeply effected Vincent Tan and has left him with a deep distrust of “football people” - it’s as if he has an advisor he trusts who makes recommendations on things like managerial appointments based on the sort of person they think Tan could work with.

Four of our last five managers have been, basically, defensive, long ball merchants, hence we’ve ended with the current very limited technically squad of senior pros which are so much worse at retaining the ball than almost every team they play. This has been a gradual process which Tan, Dalman and Choo have done nothing to try to halt, so I can only conclude that it is a route they have been happy to go down - for me, given his public pronouncements on the game, it seems reasonable to believe that Vincent Tan likes us to be bigger and more physical than our opponents and has little patience with what he sees as messing about with the ball at the back, it’s entirely believable that he’d want us to lump it forward as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Anyone calling for tan "to go" is a moron howling in the wind. Go where? It's his club. Who would fire him? Is anybody actually stupid enough not to grasp this?
    Funnily enough most of us have just seen Newcastle fans get rid of Ashley so where there’s a will there’s a way.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Its not logical. It's an assumption.
    it's a logical assumption.

it's a logical assumption.
    In your opinion.

Its more logical wed be non league.