Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
AFC Wimbledon have been going since 2003 and haven't made the Championship. They've actually only finished above 15th once in nine football league seasons (when they won promotion from FL2). Which is not to diminish what they've done, I think it's amazing.

I used Bury as a recent example as I guessed that the league phoenix clubs go into may change over the years- but it would have made more sense to choose one from 12 years ago I suppose.

It'd be nice to think that our fanbase would bond and work together to build up a phoenix club, but I dunno. We might end up with three
Its a fair point. It would mean Cardiff City has died and gone forever. Your talking about a new club.

There could be a couple of phoenix clubs. Why are we assuming a new Welsh Club would go straight through the English system. Could have a club in the Welsh league system.

Thankfully its a scenario that hasnt happened and wishing it had happened as to our current predicament of a likely relegation to L1 is far far a better option.