+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: People calling for Tan to go

Re: People calling for Tan to go

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Go through the list of managers he has picked and tell me which ones were good or bad.

Take the two promotions out of the equation, which were followed up by instant relegation, and it has been almost one way traffic on a downward spiral.

If by best owner he pays money out of his own pocket then yes he has.
    Yes take away those two unsuccessful years in the PL, apart from that the Club has sustained a period of being one of the better Championship sides in that time so there hasn’t been any downward spiral, has there?

Had we gone out of business twelve years ago we would likely be where we are now just with a fan owned club or some sort of fan/private owned hybrid.

Tan is prick with an ego who thinks he can hush people with his megabucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Had we gone out of business twelve years ago we would likely be where we are now just with a fan owned club or some sort of fan/private owned hybrid.

You think a fan owned club would manage 8 promotions to reach the Championship in 11 years? Wimbledon have only managed to make it to League 1 in 20 years and they’re nowhere near getting promoted to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yes take away those two unsuccessful years in the PL, apart from that the Club has sustained a period of being one of the better Championship sides in that time so there hasn’t been any downward spiral, has there?
    Have you checked the table?

We're in a worse position than when he turned up.
    All that despite the millions from the PL seasons and parachute payments.

But yeah they've done great....

Someone has to be target I guess ,not sure what those call for him to go think would replace him ,what about those players should they go for not turning up , the majority of whom went on a great run in Micks early days / months ??

The comments from others that ‘no one is asking for Tan to go’ look rather stupid when you read posts like this.

Going down would be a disaster. I don’t know what the answers are but surely with Derby due another points deduction and Peterborough’s poor side you have enough to finish above just one other team in the League

Apart from the painter and managers how many football minded appointments has Tan employed since he took over? Genuine question.

Don’t need to Vincent Tan to go but he must realise that the people he has appointed to run the club are doing a pretty poor job !
    Dalman and McCarthy need to go NOW and new CEO , director of football (somebody who knows the game and a plan to install a playing ethos that is used at all levels ) and a new 1st team coach/manager to be installed ASAP
    Let’s also stop this “bringing thru the youth” drivel, it is merely having to use academy players due to financial reasons !!

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Don’t need to Vincent Tan to go but he must realise that the people he has appointed to run the club are doing a pretty poor job !
    Dalman and McCarthy need to go NOW and new CEO , director of football (somebody who knows the game and a plan to install a playing ethos that is used at all levels ) and a new 1st team coach/manager to be installed ASAP
    Let’s also stop this “bringing thru the youth” drivel, it is merely having to use academy players due to financial reasons !!
    Exactly this. VT needs to realise that he cant rely on a car salesman to run a football club.

Him, Dalman and Choo all as useless as each other. Not sure why Tan gets a free ride really apart from people thinking he plugs losses (losses that come from his own lack of interest and mismanagement of a football club). If we had an owner, chief exec and chairman that knew how to run a football club then the losses would not need to be plugged to the extent that they (supposedly) currently are.

Our debt has been created due to his stewardship at the club.
    All debt he should be liable for.
    It's his money that's been thrown down a black hole.
    I hope he effs off.
    There can be a life for our club without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Going down would be a disaster. I don’t know what the answers are but surely with Derby due another points deduction and Peterborough’s poor side you have enough to finish above just one other team in the League
    No and especially with Mick.

Wed probably finish bottom even if Derby have another deduction.

No we wouldnt. I doubt wed even be back in the league.

No, Its time our owner woke up and realised he needs to we fix our own problems and not rely on other teams as if we carry on like this we will be in the same boat as teams like Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Him, Dalman and Choo all as useless as each other. Not sure why Tan gets a free ride really apart from people thinking he plugs losses (losses that come from his own lack of interest and mismanagement of a football club). If we had an owner, chief exec and chairman that knew how to run a football club then the losses would not need to be plugged to the extent that they (supposedly) currently are.
    Just out of interest, how long do you think that someone running a football club has to be in the job before he becomes ‘experienced’ at doing it. I wouldn't mind hazarding a guest that Dalman and Choo have been doing it a damn sight longer (and rather more successfully) than most other owners/chairmen/CEO’s currently in the EFL. I don't think anyone is trying to say that things are not going badly at the moment but the vast majority of their tenure has brought a sustained period of success, unprecedented certainly in my lifetime anyway. I think we need to show these people some respect and gratitude. For someone to call Choo just a ‘car salesman’ is ridiculous. He and Dalman are well qualified, successful and experienced businessmen.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just out of interest, how long do you think that someone running a football club has to be in the job before he becomes ‘experienced’ at doing it. I wouldn't mind hazarding a guest that Dalman and Choo have been doing it a damn sight longer (and rather more successfully) than most other owners/chairmen/CEO’s currently in the EFL. I don't think anyone is trying to say that things are not going badly at the moment but the vast majority of their tenure has brought a sustained period of success, unprecedented certainly in my lifetime anyway. I think we need to show these people some respect and gratitude. For someone to call Choo just a ‘car salesman’ is ridiculous. He and Dalman are well qualified, successful and experienced businessmen.
    I dont know what a 'qualified' businessman is, but they seem so focused on the balance sheet and how much VT is contributing each month (probably as theyve been instructed to), that theyve lost focus on what can be done on the field to help other areas of the financial reports.

Choo and Dalman have been lucky enough to do their jobs at a time when City had someone far richer than any previous owner of the club in place and yet they’ve still presided over a club which is on its worst run in thirty five years. With the money Tan has put in, we should be in a far better position in the table and not playing such mind numbingly boring football.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wise up.

Best owner we've had for a very long time
    Tan isn't great but he's the best out of the last few owners.

We nearly did go out of business under sam hammam and it's not likely we would have been anywhere near the championship

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Have you checked the table?

We're in a worse position than when he turned up.
    All that despite the millions from the PL seasons and parachute payments.

But yeah they've done great....
    Are you ankles or Sugarman?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No we wouldnt. I doubt wed even be back in the league.
    Are there any one-team cities of half a million people that DONT have a team in the higher rungs of the efl ?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We nearly did go out of business under sam hammam and it's not likely we would have been anywhere near the championship
    Are there any one-team cities of half a million people that DONT have a team in the higher rungs of the efl ?

Huw Jenkins did a better job

How many cities have a 500k+ population? It’s only a handful and all have more than one team I believe.