+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere yesterday

Atmosphere yesterday

I know I know it’s their big day out, and 25% of them were only there because we’re cardiff.
    But they weren’t half up for it, ive been there 3 times since 2011 and that was the liveliest I’ve seen it.

I feel we’re missing a trick putting the canton stand opposite end to the away end, I wonder if the club could ever swap the family stand over? Has it been brought up ever in the fan meetings?

Re: Atmosphere yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I know I know it’s their big day out, and 25% of them were only there because we’re cardiff.
    But they weren’t half up for it, ive been there 3 times since 2011 and that was the liveliest I’ve seen it.

I feel we’re missing a trick putting the canton stand opposite end to the away end, I wonder if the club could ever swap the family stand over? Has it been brought up ever in the fan meetings?
    I’m pretty sure the stadium was purposely designed to dampen the atmosphere due to our more... troublesome fans in the past. Swapping the Canton and family stands would make a world of difference but considering the club are investing in rail seating in the Canton I can’t see it happening.

So basically, you’re saying you wanna bring hooliganism back ?

I agree with you and it’s been brought loads in the past - club refuse to do it.

Surely the only reason for putting the home fans close to the away end would be so that they could verbally or physically attack each other more easily. On that basis, the further away from each other they are the better. We had no end of problems at Ninian Park when away fans were housed in the grandstand, close to the Grange end or home fans were allowed to congregate in the grandstand end block when away had the Grange end. I think that we had quite enough of that in the 70’s and 80’s to last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Tosser

This thread was about atmosphere - nothing sinister.

I can't see it happening, although I agree it dilutes the atmopshere. It's also a bit unfair on the family stand (where I often am) as the language is bad. I don't really mind that as it's part of football, but if you are right by the away fans, it can be a bit much for some kids.

When we first went to CCS people stood on the Canton stand and also the Ninian, replicating the Bob Bank. When the club said they would allow standing in the Canton several years ago, they also clamped down on it in the Ninian. It's a shame, and the atmosphere has got worse as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Surely the only reason for putting the home fans close to the away end would be so that they could verbally or physically attack each other more easily. On that basis, the further away from each other they are the better. We had no end of problems at Ninian Park when away fans were housed in the grandstand, close to the Grange end or home fans were allowed to congregate in the grandstand end block when away had the Grange end. I think that we had quite enough of that in the 70’s and 80’s to last a lifetime.
    Eloquently put

Wonder if you’re a “Tosser” as well

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I can't see it happening, although I agree it dilutes the atmopshere. It's also a bit unfair on the family stand (where I often am) as the language is bad. I don't really mind that as it's part of football, but if you are right by the away fans, it can be a bit much for some kids.

When we first went to CCS people stood on the Canton stand and also the Ninian, replicating the Bob Bank. When the club said they would allow standing in the Canton several years ago, they also clamped down on it in the Ninian. It's a shame, and the atmosphere has got worse as a result.
    The last time I took my boys in the family stand was V Burnley in the PL, fortunately they couldn’t understand a word the lovely northern beast effing and Jeff ing to our right was saying. What sort of numpty puts families next to away fans? Do the jacks have any issues with their singing lot right next to the away fans?

Plenty of teams have the away fans and singing sections next to each other without hooliganism being an issue. In stadiums much older and less equipped to deal with the issues than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The last time I took my boys in the family stand was V Burnley in the PL, fortunately they couldn’t understand a word the lovely northern beast effing and Jeff ing to our right was saying. What sort of numpty puts families next to away fans? Do the jacks have any issues with their singing lot right next to the away fans?
    Last I heard Swansea had done away with stewards and any space between home and away fans as they’d found it reduced trouble. Who’s going to abuse someone right next to them?

Obviously not for Cardiff v Swansea

It has been brought up at fans` meetings several times over the years and also fans in the Family Stand were asked did they want to swap ends - a significant majority said that they didn`t.

This thread also mentions standing in areas other than the Canton Stand which has specifically been given clearance to allow standing and this facility has been recently improved and will continue to be further improved in the future. To allow this to happen people such as Safety at Grounds authorities insist on a zero tolerance policy in other stands such as the Ninian. Failure to comply could end up in the club being forced to close parts of the ground if fans persist in breaking the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Last I heard Swansea had done away with stewards and any space between home and away fans as they’d found it reduced trouble. Who’s going to abuse someone right next to them?

I don't think you would be asking the question ‘who’s going to abuse someone right next to them’ if you had been in Ninian Park in the 1970’s or 80’s. Logic doesn't work on hooligans. Its easier to throw things accurately over a shorter distance for a start. Home and away fans shouldn't be allowed anywhere near each other, unless the purpose is to encourage obscene chanting or fighting. Having the fans at either end of the stadium should encourage a good atmosphere if anything, as people have to shout or sing louder to drown the others out and the noise will reverberate better around the stadium. Whats the point of having all the noise coming from one end and quiet around the other three sides.

He’s hardly suggesting that is he FGS

The atmosphere and song repertoire at Cardiff home games is pathetic, and it’s pretty boring as well.

How many songs do City fans sing at home game ? Two ? Blue Army and der der der da der der ( to men of Harlech)

Aren’t people trying to ban certain songs as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He’s hardly suggesting that is he FGS

The atmosphere and song repertoire at Cardiff home games is pathetic, and it’s pretty boring as well.

How many songs do City fans sing at home game ? Two ? Blue Army and der der der da der der ( to men of Harlech)

Aren’t people trying to ban certain songs as well ?
    One disgusting song actually. A song about paedophilia which is an embarrassment to the club and, indeed, to us as supporters.

Not sure what songs they are trying to ban , but most are offensive to my son ,so on that basis you may as well censor (and ban )the majority of them shouldn’t you ?

Not sure what songs they are trying to ban , but most are offensive to my son ,so on that basis you many as well censor (and ban )the majority of them shouldn’t you ?
    Not sure? If you read this messageboard you’d know the horrible thing in question.

I’ve no idea, I have only heard two songs at home this season to be honest ,( the ones I’ve mentioned) are you talking about away games ?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

I don’t think there would be trouble anymore anyway, people know the risks nowadays. You throw a punch in a stadium and you are going to prison, lose job, income, marriage whatever….it’s just not worth it. If you did then you are obviously a loose unit and it was only a matter of time before you ended up at her majesty’s pleasure dome. It would just make the general atmosphere a bit more lively, like it does no doubt at many other grounds. It won’t happen here though, people cannot believe how quiet the ccs is…..

I’ve no idea, I have only heard two songs at home this season to be honest ,( the ones I’ve mentioned) are you talking about away games ?
    No, the song in question can be heard at home games as well.

I'm pretty sure if we were passing the ball around a team of stiffs and going 1 , 2 and 3 nil up the Cardiff stadium would be bouncing to..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm pretty sure if we were passing the ball around a team of stiffs and going 1 , 2 and 3 nil up the Cardiff stadium would be bouncing to..
    We’re waiting Stan, finish the message mate, what would we be bouncing to?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you think The referees a wan**er should be banned ?
    Cardiff is a sh**hole I want to go home should be banned ?

They are all offensive songs to a child ,don’t you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We would be bouncing to if Cardiff were passing the ball around eleven Swansea stiffs and scoring goals. You knew what i meant.
    In reply to the Atmosphere yesterday post not the done to death song bickering.