+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atmosphere yesterday

Re: Atmosphere yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Do you think The referees a wan**er should be banned ?
    Cardiff is a sh**hole I want to go home should be banned ?

They are all offensive songs to a child ,don’t you think ?
    Probably not as offensive as a song about a father raping one tbh mate

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We would be bouncing to if Cardiff were passing the ball around eleven Swansea stiffs and scoring goals. You knew what i meant.
    In reply to the Atmosphere yesterday post not the done to death song bickering.
    Sorry Stan I thought you’d been cut off mid sentence, with the use of ‘to’.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

If he tops this with another song with a swear word in, there’s no hope.

Ah that one,yes that’s bad , but so are many others to a child , so I think if that’s the route the club are going down then they should consider a zero tolerance policy shouldn’t they ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sorry Stan I thought you’d been cut off mid sentence, with the use of ‘to’.
    My fault my spelling is shit

Ah that one,yes that’s bad , but so are many others to a child , so I think if that’s the route the club are going down then they should consider a zero tolerance policy shouldn’t they ?
    Your lad, unfortunately, in this day and age gets to hear run of the mill swear words day in, day out. Whether in school, the street, the television, even in normal conversation. You’ll never protect his ears from it, never, but a song about a father raping his son takes things to a whole new level don’t you think?

My fault my spelling is shit

Aw shite, I thought you was going to come out with a new terrace song, y’know, we’d be bouncing to YMCA or something

Your lad, unfortunately, in this day and age gets to hear run of the mill swear words day in, day out. Whether in school, the street, the television, even in normal conversation. You’ll never protect his ears from it, never, but a song about a father raping his son takes things to a whole new level don’t you think?
    It’s been sung for years , I went to Brighton about 20 years ago and 200 got off the train and were signing the same song about Jan Molby ,yes it’s awful,but you can’t just single out one song,IMHO. If you don’t agree ,that’s fine, but whilst I appreciate I don’t have 15000 posts to my name other less prolific posters are entitled to their opinions , even if it’s different to yours

It’s been sung for years , I went to Brighton about 20 years ago and 200 got off the train and were signing the same song about Jan Molby ,yes it’s awful,but you can’t just single out one song,IMHO. If you don’t agree ,that’s fine, but whilst I appreciate I don’t have 15000 posts to my name other less prolific posters are entitled to their opinions , even if it’s different to yours
    The Hymns ‘N’ Arias song was sang about Molby?? Can’t recall that. And yes, you can single out one song, it’s easy. Your last sentence sums up your views on it, you say it’s awful earlier in the post yet your last sentence hmmmmmm! You admit your opinion is different on it, so as much as you’re protecting your lad’s ears, you end up condoning it.

What has the number of posts got to do with things? The two lads I go down with don’t bother with forums yet they abhor the song.

The Hymns ‘N’ Arias song was sang about Molby?? Can’t recall that. And yes, you can single out one song, it’s easy. Your last sentence sums up your views on it, you say it’s awful earlier in the post yet your last sentence hmmmmmm! You admit your opinion is different on it, so as much as you’re protecting your lad’s ears, you end up condoning it.

What has the number of posts got to do with things? The two lads I go down with don’t bother with forums yet they abhor the song.

Hmmmm? Regarding your statement regarding your views on my son hearing bad language, sorry I don’t agree with you ,and just to reiterate the song you’re referring to is horrific.

Another one I hate is the anti English songs , as my parents are English and it’s cringeworthy when they sing it down the city.

As I say we all have different opinions don’t we ?

No, I think there's a pretty obvious line and that one is on the other side of it

Hmmmm? Regarding your statement regarding your views on my son hearing bad language, sorry I don’t agree with you ,and just to reiterate the song you’re referring to is horrific.

Another one I hate is the anti English songs , as my parents are English and it’s cringeworthy when they sing it down the city.

As I say we all have different opinions don’t we ?
    Out of interest how old is your son?

Aw shite, I thought you was going to come out with a new terrace song, y’know, we’d be bouncing to YMCA or something
    That;s mad i was about to post Ymca but changed my mind as i wrote

Out of interest how old is your son?

Primary school, I probably sound an old fart but it does annoy me with the language and to put it into context we don’t hear it anywhere else when we undertake family activities.

No, I think there's a pretty obvious line and that one is on the other side of it
    The f word is one thing , singing songs about young children being abused by their fathers ?

Completely beyond the pale

Could it be possible for a song about rape to be acceptable ?

Of course not

Don't wait for the club to do anything , a complete waste of time that lot

Primary school, I probably sound an old fart but it does annoy me with the language and to put it into context we don’t hear it anywhere else when we undertake family activities.
    No you don’t sound like an old fart re. your son hearing such language but if he’s of primary school age and you’re taking him down the City he’s quite familiar with ‘industrial’ language. I dread the thought of playground language being littered with it but for you to lump it in with a song about paedophilia is wrong, quite wrong. Forget opinions, swearing in conversation or in the lyrics of a chant or song is a world away from a song about a man raping his son. Surely you see that.

That;s mad i was about to post Ymca but changed my mind as i wrote
    In The Navy

No you don’t sound like an old fart re. your son hearing such language but if he’s of primary school age and you’re taking him down the City he’s quite familiar with ‘industrial’ language. I dread the thought of playground language being littered with it but for you to lump it in with a song about paedophilia is wrong, quite wrong. Forget opinions, swearing in conversation or in the lyrics of a chant or song is a world away from a song about a man raping his son. Surely you see that.

He’s not familiar with industrial language though that’s the point , and I do see your point , of course.

He’s not familiar with industrial language though that’s the point , and I do see your point , of course.
    Football is certainly a place he's going to experience it

What other events and social engagement can compare ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Football is certainly a place he's going to experience it

What other events and social engagement can compare ?
    Glamorgan Cricket and ECB games are great as is Cardiff Rugby �� , and Wales rugby internationals

Perhaps it’s just a football ⚽️ thing ?

Glamorgan Cricket and ECB games are great as is Cardiff Rugby �� , and Wales rugby internationals

Perhaps it’s just a football ⚽️ thing ?
    Well it's fair to say cardiff city have a number of edgy vocal fans

I find rugby a good watch but as a there on the day spectacle its got no atmosphere , especially at club level . I think Cardiff Rugby is a very middle class sport , solicitors , accountants etc

Do you think The referees a wan**er should be banned ?
    Cardiff is a sh**hole I want to go home should be banned ?

They are all offensive songs to a child ,don’t you think ?
    When my daughter was about 11 years old and we used to stand on the Bob Bank there was a man who stood close to us who would spend much of the game shouting at players, the linesman and the ref, most of the shouting included the sort of language that tv comentators apologise for. I jokingly covered my daughter's ears, she said "We hear much worse than that at school". Unless your children are little angels I very much doubt if they would find either of the chants you quote offensive.

Just because you haven't heard him use it that doesn't mean he's not familiar with it.