+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Unique Achievement

Re: A Unique Achievement

I didn't want him in the first place.
    I was gutted when got the job permanently.
    I'm just Facking livid now joke of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I've been consistent in my dislike of him, I understand people giving the manager a chance and can't knock that line of thinking, but I just couldn't see what he had to offer and didn't want him from day one as apart from a purple patch I couldn't see what he was going to bring us. I don't care about being right, I'm just pissed off we got him and then ended up sticking by him with a new contract. It was a disaster waiting to happen, and more sideways thinking from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've been consistent in my dislike of him, I understand people giving the manager a chance and can't knock that line of thinking, but I just couldn't see what he had to offer and didn't want him from day one as apart from a purple patch I couldn't see what he was going to bring us. I don't care about being right, I'm just pissed off we got him and then ended up sticking by him with a new contract. It was a disaster waiting to happen, and more sideways thinking from the club.

Last year was probably a final opportunity after Harris went to take the club in a better different direction.
    How anyone thought Mccarthy was the answer was beyond me.

Last year was probably a final opportunity after Harris went to take the club in a better different direction.
    100 percent it was. I didn't think Harris was the right man at first but after time I started to give him a chance, I haven't even been able to do that little for McCarthy because he's offered nothing.

And liken you say, it was an opportunity for us to make changes, but now we are set even further back.

It frustrates me because as we saw with NW staying, it wasn't the right call and it set us back, we got deeper into Warnock ball and his players are engrained even deeper into the club making it harder for us to make changes to the playing team and overall style. That was a few years ago, we are even deeper in now, and further away. Frustrates me because people saying "get behind the team and manager" may be right, but they don't understand that I'm frustrated because I DO want what's best for the team and I do want to support the team but I'm pissed off at what's happening in front of our own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's some conclusion

Can I have some of the acid you are dropping ?
    Well either we are going to look at MMs time at Cardiff City from day one or we are going to look at the period when he went for that 5 across the back
    So you're happy to look at McCarthy's record from day one. Fair enough. By your own admission, playing 5 at the back has been a mistake.

It didn't work , that's life
    So if it doesn't work, how many more attempts has McCarthy got to get it to work, based on his initial successes after he took over? If the answer is zero, then you can't be happy with MM playing 5 centre backs. Otherwise, you are happy for him to keep giving 5 centre backs a go.

He was a mistake from the off . Never mind winning a couple of games ,where was he ever going to take us? Dinosaur land.
    Football has moved on . We haven't. The longer we put it off , the harder it will be to catch up .

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    So did Warnock. But with very different effect
    Our Neil as very good at engaging the communities of Wales carrying out chats all over the valleys , and yes when he came in the fan base was not as one he did remarkably well ,same type of physical no nonsense teams added to was pace and skill on the break their lies the difference I guess , halcyon days , loved that promotion year against the odds ,great team spirit ,some good goals crowds bouncing with noise , one of the best for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So you're happy to look at McCarthy's record from day one. Fair enough. By your own admission, playing 5 at the back has been a mistake.

So if it doesn't work, how many more attempts has McCarthy got to get it to work, based on his initial successes after he took over? If the answer is zero, then you can't be happy with MM playing 5 centre backs. Otherwise, you are happy for him to keep giving 5 centre backs a go.
    I have no idea what you are on but please give me some

MMs time is up , onwards

I’m another one who was very disappointed when he was brought in and tampin’ when they gave him a 2 year contract. At the time, a significant amount of posters were quite happy because he’d almost got to the playoffs, but in reality, he’d overachieved - same with Harris.
    It’s since the new contract that the team’s performance has slid. In fact, I said months ago that he’d be out by Christmas.
    How was he ever going to be a long term solution for this club?

Because like the board we have a lot of stupid fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I’m another one who was very disappointed when he was brought in and tampin’ when they gave him a 2 year contract. At the time, a significant amount of posters were quite happy because he’d almost got to the playoffs, but in reality, he’d overachieved - same with Harris.
    It’s since the new contract that the team’s performance has slid. In fact, I said months ago that he’d be out by Christmas.
    How was he ever going to be a long term solution for this club?
    Well that's hindsight isn't it ?

There was enough to see that MM had made a difference with the resources he was given

Maybe a years contract would have been more appropriate , who knows

This season we got some points on the board early on but it's clear that the manager now has to go

People can say it should have been the west brom game

It doesn't really matter

Until the club is owned by a very rich cardiff city fan with his finger on the pulse then these decisions are in the hands of those who run Cardiff City

I thought the second goal away at Blackpool was everything I love about football , its a shame that we didn't see more of that

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Because like the board we have a lot of stupid fans.
    Indeed we do

Because even if a decent manager is appointed our lot will be calling for his head if things don't go our way

Well that's hindsight isn't it ?

There was enough to see that MM had made a difference with the resources he was given

Maybe a years contract would have been more appropriate , who knows

This season we got some points on the board early on but it's clear that the manager now has to go

People can say it should have been the west brom game

It doesn't really matter

Until the club is owned by a very rich cardiff city fan with his finger on the pulse then these decisions are in the hands of those who run Cardiff City

I thought the second goal away at Blackpool was everything I love about football , its a shame that we didn't see more of that
    How can it be hindsight there was no possible way this dinosaur was ever going to change the direction of the club
    Never ever ever.
    He was just another sticking plaster I knew it and so did everyone with an ounce of football knowledge.

How can it be hindsight there was no possible way this dinosaur was ever going to change the direction of the club
    Never ever ever.
    He was just another sticking plaster I knew it and so did everyone with an ounce of football knowledge.
    If you look back at this messageboard from when MM took over there were times when people were saying I was wrong about mick , OK its physical but we are dominant

If that approach had us in a top six position now then of course some people would have had questions about the playing style but there wasn't what was to come so it was accepted .

Never ever ever.
    Ere ere.

I am waiting for the next appointment , if it is one that those who think they know agree with , to have a bad spell

I hope he doesn't but If he does the knives will soon be out

I am waiting for the next appointment , if it is one that those who think they know agree with , to have a bad spell

I hope he doesn't but If he does the knives will soon be out
    It seems you have developed LoMitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It seems you have developed LoMitis.
    Well let's be straight here , our fans turn very quickly on both managers and players

It's been like that since I have supported Cardiff City

Now you could say that we have never had a really good manager or a really great team in the last 50 years but it is what it is

Great fans when we are winning , fecking dreadful when the team starts sliding

Well let's be straight here , our fans turn very quickly on both managers and players

It's been like that since I have supported Cardiff City

Now you could say that we have never had a really good manager or a really great team in the last 50 years but it is what it is

Great fans when we are winning , fecking dreadful when the team starts sliding
    I just couldn't make sense of your post, old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just couldn't make sense of your post, old fruit.
    Well if we have a .......forward thinking type manager ........then everyone will be praising him if we are doing well but as soon as things start jamming then out come the wolves

It's all marked

I always support the manager until the end

That's where we are at
    What a totally daft comment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What a totally daft comment
    It's really simple

He's a dead man now

So it's onto the next incumbent

That's what it is

It's really simple

He's a dead man now

So it's onto the next incumbent

That's what it is
    I made the point on the radio before kick off tonight that MM was a dead man walking no matter what the result tonight or Saturday (if he is still here) and that he should go before the week is out.

Do i trust the CCFC board to appoint another manager with a longer term plan in mind? No.

Thought our team selection (generally) and formation helped us play far better tonight so any reversion to a back 5 of 5 centre halves on Saturday (again if MM is still here) should be an automatic sackable offence.

Our remaining glaring weakness is the total lack of pace and movement in central midfield from Vaulks and Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    I made the point on the radio before kick off tonight that MM was a dead man walking no matter what the result tonight or Saturday (if he is still here) and that he should go before the week is out.

Do i trust the CCFC board to appoint another manager with a longer term plan in mind? No.

Thought our team selection (generally) and formation helped us play far better tonight so any reversion to a back 5 of 5 centre halves on Saturday (again if MM is still here) should be an automatic sackable offence.

Our remaining glaring weakness is the total lack of pace and movement in central midfield from Vaulks and Pack
    And the glaring drawback of not being able to put the ball in the net........pretty crucial in football.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And the glaring drawback of not being able to put the ball in the net........pretty crucial in football.
    Confidence is shot. We should have scored today , and a couple against Reading . Confidence is huge in football. We have none at the moment.