+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here until at least the weekend apparently

Here until at least the weekend apparently

Re: Here until at least the weekend apparently

I suspect the Sala court case, starting today may have delayed any sacking.

Saturday should be fun then

Horrific atmosphere on Saturday, I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad I'm at a Christening

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I suspect the Sala court case, starting today may have delayed any sacking.
    I don't understand why that would slow down a decision?

The court case is going on for 10 days with the next case timetabled for February - according to the other thread. I doubt any of the key decision makers will be tied up in attending court. It may eventually have an impact on club finances, but not for a long time.

My guess is that the board/Choo/Dalman are either negotiating a severance deal with Mick and/or firming up and starting discussions with a shortlist of potential replacements. The only other explanation is that they don't know what to do, are treading water, and along with Mick somehow hope that 5 centre backs will eventually turn out to be an inspired innovation that will blow Fulham away!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Why wait , atmosphere will be toxic against boro

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't understand why that would slow down a decision?

The court case is going on for 10 days with the next case timetabled for February - according to the other thread. I doubt any of the key decision makers will be tied up in attending court. It may eventually have an impact on club finances, but not for a long time.

My guess is that the board/Choo/Dalman are either negotiating a severance deal with Mick and/or firming up and starting discussions with a shortlist of potential replacements. The only other explanation is that they don't know what to do, are treading water, and along with Mick somehow hope that 5 centre backs will eventually turn out to be an inspired innovation that will blow Fulham away!
    My feeling is that they may not have wanted to make such a major announcement at the start of what was always likely to be an emotional trial.
    Maybe tomorrow......

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They had two weeks before the Swansea game to line up a replacement.

Oh, the irony: Warnock, Bamba and Peltier in Cardiff on Saturday for what is going to be one hell of an atmosphere.
    And that is my 50th Birthday… 🙈🤦🏼

Thoroughly depressing. I just think its a case of they cant afford to pay him off.

We are in deep trouble need the fans behind the team. Its not going to be possible with a manager virtually no one wants and I bet that includes the players.

Very unfortunate. I think Boro are beatable but if he is still there the crowd will be our own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    My feeling is that they may not have wanted to make such a major announcement at the start of what was always likely to be an emotional trial.
    Maybe tomorrow......
    People on here are over the top prim and proper aren't they. Over the top, look at me I'm nice, types.

There is nothing wrong with sacking him after his losing streak, doesn't matter if the trial started today.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    They had two weeks before the Swansea game to line up a replacement.
    Exactly.

Surely they'd have been looking already.

So until we've dropped at least another six points. Cool.

I can't think of a case before where, it would appear, so much of the fanbase has turned against a manager so quickly and, even if we were to go to Fulham and win and then beat Middlesbrough, I can't help believing that Mick McCarthy has become damaged goods - although it may take a while, he's going to have to leave eventually even if Vincent Tan is reluctant to pay up his contract.

Look at the situation with Neil Harris, eleven months ago supporters were becoming more disillusioned with him and the match with Luton was seen as a must win by many - he won that game convincingly and four of the next five matches saw us take three points as well, but it was only putting off the inevitable and another woeful defeat by Swansea didn't help his cause one bit.

If it is in the Board's mind to get rid of McCarthy now, then do it now and stick him on gardening leave or something - playing five centrebacks is an admission of defeat on his part and, on the face of it, he appears incapable of halting this slump.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People on here are over the top prim and proper aren't they. Over the top, look at me I'm nice, types.

There is nothing wrong with sacking him after his losing streak, doesn't matter if the trial started today.
    I don’t understand what this has to do with FLL speculating as to why he hasn’t been sacked yet?

He isn’t saying there’s anything wrong with sacking him.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Horrific atmosphere on Saturday, I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad I'm at a Christening
    Really ? Your'e probably the type that would have stayed in making mead whilst the rest of us headed off at dawn to Tyburn to get a good view and a quick sh*g before the main event !
    Can't wait myself.

We will possibly get a lucky win against Neil's boro and he will buy himself until Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Oh, the irony: Warnock, Bamba and Peltier in Cardiff on Saturday for what is going to be one hell of an atmosphere.
    And that is my 50th Birthday… ������
    You youngsters think you know it all

If bamba scores we're on the pitch...

I think the hierarchy are just waiting for OGS to be available again

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I reckon it’s one not to miss, I’d swerve the christening. One of the most interesting games at home for many a season, I’m looking forward to things unfolding live in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    stick him on gardening leave or something
    Now that IS a good idea. Relieve him of his duties, and put someone else in charge. Sounds like a decent short-term solution to me.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I reckon it’s one not to miss, I’d swerve the christening. One of the most interesting games at home for many a season, I’m looking forward to things UNFOLDING LIVE in the ground.

That’ll be our defence

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I reckon it’s one not to miss, I’d swerve the christening. One of the most interesting games at home for many a season, I’m looking forward to things unfolding live in the ground.
    Should be interesting either way.

Unless it's nil nil, nothing to cheer, nothing to boo and MM's vindication that the flat 5 back of cbs works and he lasts a while longer. Merry Christmas.