+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TWO GAMES FOR MICK?

TWO GAMES FOR MICK?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...atest-21898807

Can't see us beating Fulham or getting a draw for that matter.
    But what if we get something from Boro home will that just prolong Mickysaurus's reign

Re: TWO GAMES FOR MICK?

Its pathetic. They obviously cant afford to sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its pathetic. They obviously cant afford to sack him.
    Or sounding out potential candidates which should have been done weeks ago..
    Maybe waiting on Steve Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    When Mick was mentioned I thought it was a joke at first. Someone mentioned Phil Brown the other day so I dread to think wed line up.

Saying that just want him gone.

Its coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    When Mick was mentioned I thought it was a joke at first. Someone mentioned Phil Brown the other day so I dread to think wed line up.

Saying that just want him gone.
    I'd take Steve Morison going by what he's doing with the u23s. Watching them now he's set the team up to play pass and move.

Get your money on Dave Bassett and John Beck now.

Seriously if we're looking at oldies we could do a lot worse than give Roy Hodgson a tilt. He would at least have us organised defensively pretty sharpish and show MM up for what he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Get your money on Dave Bassett and John Beck now.

Seriously if we're looking at oldies we could do a lot worse than give Roy Hodgson a tilt. He would at least have us organised defensively pretty sharpish and show MM up for what he really is.
    I'd rather go with a younger manager now and try building.. Hodgson would be another temp

I'd take Steve Morison going by what he's doing with the u23s. Watching them now he's set the team up to play pass and move.
    The first team would struggle with that concept.

I hope (although I probably don’t need to worry) that he’s stubborn enough to stick with his archaic principles and that we lose both games … not too heavily so our GD doesn’t hamper the new (old) guy, but badly enough in terms of performance so that there’s no going back

I'd rather go with a younger manager now and try building.. Hodgson would be another temp
    They could at least sound him out on that premise. Not sure if an untried, younger manager is the answer at this moment in time.

Going forward most definitely but MM has got us in a bit of a pickle to date and the number one priority has to be to instil a level of confidence into the players after the abject run they've been on. Missed a trick with Steve Cooper but hey ho spilt milk and all that. The worst thing the board could do right now is nothing. The situation will only get worse the longer it's allowed to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    We saw versus Reading the team can pass and keep the ball better than Micks five at the back rubbish.
    Whoever we bring in i'd prefer someone new and wanting to better themselves rather than the same oldie rubbish like Warnock and Mick and the other pension mob we seem to get linked with

They could at least sound him out on that premise. Not sure if an untried, younger manager is the answer at this moment in time.

Going forward most definitely but MM has got us in a bit of a pickle to date and the number one priority has to be to instil a level of confidence into the players after the abject run they've been on. Missed a trick with Steve Cooper but hey ho spilt milk and all that. The worst thing the board could do right now is nothing. The situation will only get worse the longer it's allowed to continue.
    Where have the older, over tried managers got us? Why isn't now the time for a younger manager? When is the time? (for me it was the summer after dinosaur liar Mick steadied the ship) why would we go with another dinosaur now, where does it ever get us?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    He would deploy the wing backs and use them in a correct manner. This would help the shape of the team, it would only take putting a midfielder like bowen in the middle and adding someone like Colwill and Harris ahead of them who are comfortable on the ball and we would do just fine keeping the ball, nobody is saying we have to become super comfortable on the ball over night, just stop ****ing hoofing it at every opportunity.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...atest-21898807

Can't see us beating Fulham or getting a draw for that matter.
    But what if we get something from Boro home will that just prolong Mickysaurus's reign
    Oh that Boro game... can you imagine how smug Warnock is going to be? He is going to be dripping with "I told you so" and "be careful what you wish for".

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Where have the older, over tried managers got us? Why isn't now the time for a younger manager? When is the time? (for me it was the summer after dinosaur liar Mick steadied the ship) why would we go with another dinosaur now, where does it ever get us?
    I believe the issue is indeed about timing. For instance, if Trollope had taken over from Warnock after an indifferent start to the season, that would possibly have been a disastrous move for the club. However, an experienced manager like Warnock taking over the reins from a younger manager who was having difficulty getting his team to play proved to be a masterstroke.

I really believe as do most fans than the board has to move away from employing dinosaurs to take the club forward but to do so in the middle of a potential relegation struggle has got to be viewed as an extremely risky undertaking.

At some point we have to win a game but it will prolong the inevitable sadly.

He lost me with the 5cbs against West Brom. We could win the next 3 but as soon as we lose a couple again, calls for him to go will return.

I hope they are using this time to plan and think ahead but I doubt it. Most likely it's all money related, hierarchy praying for a miracle turnaround so they don't have to pay him off.

I believe the issue is indeed about timing. For instance, if Trollope had taken over from Warnock after an indifferent start to the season, that would possibly have been a disastrous move for the club. However, an experienced manager like Warnock taking over the reins from a younger manager who was having difficulty getting his team to play proved to be a masterstroke.

I really believe as do most fans than the board has to move away from employing dinosaurs to take the club forward but to do so in the middle of a potential relegation struggle has got to be viewed as an extremely risky undertaking.
    The issue is when the new experienced manager (if actually) they keep us up they are almost guaranteed to be offered a new contract.

I'd rather roll the dice and see what happens with a new manager, or we, and football in general will never move on from this stupid cycle of jobs for the boys, employing idiots just because they have previous experience and contacts in the game to get them jobs. Jog on dinosaurs and don't ****ing come back.

The issue is when the new experienced manager (if actually) they keep us up they are almost guaranteed to be offered a new contract.

I'd rather roll the dice and see what happens with a new manager, or we, and football in general will never move on from this stupid cycle of jobs for the boys, employing idiots just because they have previous experience and contacts in the game to get them jobs. Jog on dinosaurs and don't ****ing come back.
    Agreed, trapped in the short term fix it up jobs. The cycle has to be broken one way or the other.

Just get someone the fans can get behind that intends to get the team playing a bit of actual football. Something we can get behind.

If the results don't blow us away at the start hopefully we can hold our nerve and stick with it as that's clearly the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Agreed, trapped in the short term fix it up jobs. The cycle has to be broken one way or the other.

Just get someone the fans can get behind that intends to get the team playing a bit of actual football. Something we can get behind.

If the results don't blow us away at the start hopefully we can hold our nerve and stick with it as that's clearly the only way.
    The cycle has to be broken sooner or later or these dinosaurs will never leave the game.

A few clubs have been brave in recent years, I get it didn't work with OGS and Trollope but that shouldn't hold us back.

And yes, it is important to have a bit of patience.

If we're going to roll the dice, give the fans a bit of excitement along the way. Gareth Ainsworth could possibly be the answer but I'm not sure he would be the right man to lay the foundations for long term success of the club in a way that Graham Potter appears to be doing at Brighton. And yes, I know long term financial support of the board is critical for us to thrive as a club.

I understand we are waiting to drop into the relegation zone before appointing Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis

be just our luck to win both games...

worst christmas ever if this plonker is still in charge

If we're going to roll the dice, give the fans a bit of excitement along the way. Gareth Ainsworth could possibly be the answer but I'm not sure he would be the right man to lay the foundations for long term success of the club in a way that Graham Potter appears to be doing at Brighton. And yes, I know long term financial support of the board is critical for us to thrive as a club.
    Finances are important, but first I'd rather see us get the basics right and get a good structure in place before spending any money, nice reply

We saw versus Reading the team can pass and keep the ball better than Micks five at the back rubbish.
    Whoever we bring in i'd prefer someone new and wanting to better themselves rather than the same oldie rubbish like Warnock and Mick and the other pension mob we seem to get linked with
    Totally agree. I'll despair if they employ another dinosaur.