+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kick it out

Kick it out

What a pathetic organisation

Wanting Newcastle fans to stop wearing tea towels on their head. Like they are doing it for racist tendancies. Are we not allowed to have fun anymore. It's British humour.

Re: Kick it out

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    What a pathetic organisation

Wanting Newcastle fans to stop wearing tea towels on their head. Like they are doing it for racist tendancies. Are we not allowed to have fun anymore. It's British humour.
    Kick It Out haven't said anything about Newcastle fans having racist tendancies or wearing tea towels is done for that reason. Taken from Metro: But Kick It Out – English football’s equality and inclusion organisation – are already said to be making plans to offer education workshops in Newcastle to supporters to explain how impersonating Arabs with their dress could be considered racist, offensive, or culturally insensitive.

I know nothing more than that. I have no idea whether Arabs find people wearing a token gesture of their traditional wear offensive or not. Kick It Out are suggesting that. I would happily acknowledge that Kick It Out know far more about things like this than I do.

All we are doing on the current path we are on is endlessly empathising the differences between races. It's incredibly unprogressive and dangerous in the long run

It's pretty clear it was a one-off to celebrate the new owners. No need for any comments on it from any external organisation at this stage.

They will have apoplexy when we ask mick to do the ayatollah on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    They will have apoplexy when we ask mick to do the ayatollah on Saturday
    God help any City fan that starts that tomorrow!!