+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forest / Steve Cooper

Forest / Steve Cooper

A huge reason why Mick will hopefully be sacked sooner rather than later, is that surely it will be pointed out to Tan (not by Dalaman or Choo mind!) where Forest were when we beat them on September 12th? I'm pretty sure they were bottom of the league after the game. Last night, by October 19th they had risen to 12th in the table, with a new manager, once they had got rid of Hughton. That's only five and half weeks. As several people have pointed out on this messageboard, it looks like a missed opportunity not to have gone for Steve Cooper.

Having said that, to my eyes anyway, it looks like Tan doesn't give a flying one at the moment. about the downward trajectory the club is taking

Re: Forest / Steve Cooper

Looks that way doesn’t it.
    He has accumulated more points already than we have all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    A huge reason why Mick will hopefully be sacked sooner rather than later, is that surely it will be pointed out to Tan (not by Dalaman or Choo mind!) where Forest were when we beat them on September 12th? I'm pretty sure they were bottom of the league after the game. Last night, by October 19th they had risen to 12th in the table, with a new manager, once they had got rid of Hughton. That's only five and half weeks. As several people have pointed out on this messageboard, it looks like a missed opportunity not to have gone for Steve Cooper.

Having said that, to my eyes anyway, it looks like Tan doesn't give a flying one at the moment. about the downward trajectory the club is taking
    Cooper is just not the sort of manager that we recruit. Sadly.

New manager bounce

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    New manager bounce
    Yeh ,old bouncy pretty new boy Cooper strikes again .

With the squad Forest have, they should never have been at the bottom in the first place. Says more about the lack of abilities of Hughton than the positive managerial abilities of Cooper. I don't think the Swansea fans were that enamoured with Cooper towards the end of his reign there either. His ‘style’ of football wasn't that pleasing on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    With the squad Forest have, they should never have been at the bottom in the first place. Says more about the lack of abilities of Hughton than the positive managerial abilities of Cooper. I don't think the Swansea fans were that enamoured with Cooper towards the end of his reign there either. His ‘style’ of football wasn't that pleasing on the eye.
    The same lack of ability that saw him get promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Short stay at Forest aside.
    This lack of ability has yielded from 4 seasons in the Championship 2 promotions and 2 play offs and kept brighton in premiership for 2 seasons too.

I think Cooper would have been a great appointment for us.

i think Cooper's a good manager but MM won at least 6 on the bounce when he got here

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    This lack of ability has yielded from 4 seasons in the Championship 2 promotions and 2 play offs and kept brighton in premiership for 2 seasons too.
    Exactly. He's not what I want but he's done alright over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    i think Cooper's a good manager but MM won at least 6 on the bounce when he got here
    Giddy days ,wonder where it all went wrong ?

You know where this is going”Houghton incoming’.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If MM had won 12 on the bounce I wouldn't have thought it a great appointment going forward.

Cooper looks like he knows how to get a football side playing in the championship .

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    You know where this is going”Houghton incoming’.
    I sincerely hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    In 2017. Whats he done since ? Sacked from Brighton and Forest for poor results. Every manager eventually gets past their sell by date. As you were probably aware, I was referring to his ability recently and not in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    If he's that good, how come he failed miserably at Forest with a good squad and was also sacked by Brighton, Birmingham and Newcastle for strings of poor performances and results.

If he's that good, how come he failed miserably at Forest with a good squad and was also sacked by Brighton, Birmingham and Newcastle for strings of poor performances and results.
    He managed to keep a team in the Premier League for two seasons - something that Sir Neil has never managed. Check with your relatives in Yorkshire!

(Not that I want him here)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If MM had won 12 on the bounce I wouldn't have thought it a great appointment going forward.

Cooper looks like he knows how to get a football side playing in the championship .
    12 might have had me convinced to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    He managed to keep a team in the Premier League for two seasons - something that Sir Neil has never managed. Check with your relatives in Yorkshire!

(Not that I want him here)
    As I said. Four years ago. Means nothing now. Recent record is poor.

In any event, if you want to go back, McCarthy kept Wolves in the Prem for two consecutive seasons from 2009/2011, having got them promotion the year before. That compares favourably with Hughton and we know how much you adore MM !

Steve Cooper might be doing well at Forest but would you want a manager that looks like a Poundland Steve Buscemi?

Its 3 since your hero took us up. Is that also irrelevant? Seems to matter to you when you're telling us how great NW is, how come it isn't relevant here!?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think Cooper would have been a great appointment for us.
    Its a No from me

think of the children when they see his face in a program or on TV