+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IF WE GET A THUMPING TONIGHT

IF WE GET A THUMPING TONIGHT

I believe clueless Mickysaurus will be gone by the Boro game..

Re: IF WE GET A THUMPING TONIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I believe clueless Mickysaurus will be gone by the Boro game..

WHEN !

Doubt it, think a comfortable defeat tonight is a given. Would be tough at best if times.

Seems he has boro either way.

Alleged meeting took place this week in London to discuss the merits of Mick and our chances of promotion , two games left no matter results and gone , that's the alleged feedback from the waiter ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Alleged meeting took place this week in London to discuss the merits of Mick and our chances of promotion , two games left no matter results and gone , that's the alleged feedback from the waiter ?
    Waiter?

He'll be here until the international break

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He'll be here until the international break
    What!!! ANOTHER international break!

I wonder if Tan will sell up if we go down? Can’t be worth too much now anyway…..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Alleged meeting took place this week in London to discuss the merits of Mick and our chances of promotion, two games left no matter results and gone , that's the alleged feedback from the waiter ?
    I wonder what they concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I wonder if Tan will sell up if we go down? Can’t be worth too much now anyway…..
    No because no one will buy us

It would be as a housing estate !

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    That depends on the price. Surely he will want out? He’s failed if we go down. He made a massive call last season by giving mick a permanent deal, he didn’t need to. We’ve got decent young players coming through for the first time I can recall. We need a manager who can help them mature into the first team.

We own our stadium don't we? That alone will put the price up

I thought the land is on a very long lease from the council....but I may have imagined it.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    What!!! ANOTHER international break!
    Means we might not lose that weekend....

Every cloud..

I've always been puzzled by the stadium situation. The club owns it, so it's considered a major financial asset. However, the land on which it is built is owned by the council (the club pays a peppercorn rent) and I'm certain there are stipulations which mean the stadium can only ever be used as a sports venue. Therefore, I've never understood why the stadium is considered so valuable. After all, it's not as if it could be sold for housing or any other development.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It probably depends on the price. Tan's valuation may very well be way over the top to interest quality investors who are just biding their time until he sells at a discount.

In any case the cheaper they can buy is more advantageous to us because it could mean more money will be available for the huge reconstruction needed.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Waiter?

Surely he will be our next manager

I think tonight is irrelevant. It's beat Boro or bust really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've always been puzzled by the stadium situation. The club owns it, so it's considered a major financial asset. However, the land on which it is built is owned by the council (the club pays a peppercorn rent) and I'm certain there are stipulations which mean the stadium can only ever be used as a sports venue. Therefore, I've never understood why the stadium is considered so valuable. After all, it's not as if it could be sold for housing or any other development.
    It can't be used for housing, but that doesn't mean it has no value. If another team wanted to buy the stadium from us how much would we want for it? OK this is a very hypothetical scenario as the Cardiff Blues could almost fit their crowd into Taffs Well's ground, but let's say a rich sheik is financing a UK based NFL franchise, and they want a ground to buy, how much would it be worthwhile for us to sell? quite a lot I'd imagine

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The value of the stadium to a potential new owner is the cost avoided of building a similar new modern stadium. I think the rent currently being paid to the Council as landlords under the long lease held is about £350k p.a. which is pretty cheap but is meant to reflect a payment for having been effectively given the land on which the stadium stands and also the money the club was allowed to have from the sale of Ninian Park.
    You are quite right of course to say that the stadium only has a value to someone using it for sports purposes due to the restrictive covenant put on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It can't be used for housing, but that doesn't mean it has no value. If another team wanted to buy the stadium from us how much would we want for it? OK this is a very hypothetical scenario as the Cardiff Blues could almost fit their crowd into Taffs Well's ground, but let's say a rich sheik is financing a UK based NFL franchise, and they want a ground to buy, how much would it be worthwhile for us to sell? quite a lot I'd imagine
    Needed a few more verys.
    Imaginative though.