Thread: Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Just announced.

Re: Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Just announced.
    Starts at CCS on Monday.

He won't have a long wait for a new job then. Glorious.

Mick to Newcastle?

More chance of us going for Barry Fry now TLG has highlighted hes about.

Choo and Dalman will be on the phone as soon as they see hes about.

In all seriousness shouldnt joke about it with this lot.

Saw a Youtube video about Bruce's sacking. I noticed this in the comments section....

"I hope Steve Bruce sees sense and RETIRES from football altogether because managers like him are done in modern football. But a naive chairman will see him as one of those "experienced" managers as if that means Bruce is still capable of improving football teams with his unimaginative tactic"

It has a familiar ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Starts at CCS on Monday.
    Couldn't do no worse than Mick has

Yes he may not be of the modern era however we have not got modern era players , club mindset /ethos , with that in mind and looking at Bruce's record in the championship , great connections at bigger clubs , Id love him here .

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Saw a Youtube video about Bruce's sacking. I noticed this in the comments section....

"I hope Steve Bruce sees sense and RETIRES from football altogether because managers like him are done in modern football. But a naive chairman will see him as one of those "experienced" managers as if that means Bruce is still capable of improving football teams with his unimaginative tactic"

A lot of these types have been phased out of the top level, you'd have the old boys like Hughes, Pardew, Pulis etc knocking around the lower half PL sides 3/4 years ago but now these clubs are looking past shit football and the short termism that comes with those managers. Shame we haven't caught on, I'm prepared for Pulis to get the job when Mick is inevitably binned.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A lot of these types have been phased out of the top level, you'd have the old boys like Hughes, Pardew, Pulis etc knocking around the lower half PL sides 3/4 years ago but now these clubs are looking past shit football and the short termism that comes with those managers. Shame we haven't caught on, I'm prepared for Pulis to get the job when Mick is inevitably binned.
    Would you put Bruce into this group though ?? Isn't he playing a type of passing game in the Premiership with a squad that perhaps lacks depth due to purse strings controls , club which was up for sale for a while which must have effected the performance of everyone at that club , until Saudi Arabia rocked up !!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Would you put Bruce into this group though ?? Isn't he playing a type of passing game in the Premiership with a squad that perhaps lacks depth due to purse strings controls , club which was up for sale for a while which must have effected the performance of everyone at that club , until Saudi Arabia rocked up !!
    https://i.redd.it/e73770alvlt71.png

Say no more

He doesnt play 5 centre halves though.

And the winner is :

Mick: Games 1,025 Wins 396 Draws 278 Losses 351 Win % 38.63

Bruce : Games 1,000 Wins 376 Draws 254 Losses 370 Win % 37.60

Neil : Games 1,551 Wins 622 Draws 422 Losses 507 Win % 40.10

Pulis Games 1,137 Wins 410 Draws 338 Losses 389 Win % 36.06

He isn’t going to get £93m to spend here.

Actually, the whole Mick situation makes sense: Newcastle will take him off our hands in return for £5m. That’s why he hasn’t been sacked! 🤣

And the winner is :

Win percentages are not the most useful measure where league games are concerned. Average points per game are more meaningful in such circumstances.

And the winner is :

I'd imagine that Warnock has played the smallest number of games out of that list at the top level

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

I just had one of them homer Simpson type shudders

8 million quid pay off……my heart bleeds for him. Imagine the suffering

Banned

I'd have Bruce.

Brilliant pedigree

Hasn't he said in an interview that he thinks this is the right time for him to retire?
    Then again Warnock also said that his job with us would be his last.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hasn't he said in an interview that he thinks this is the right time for him to retire?
    Then again Warnock also said that his job with us would be his last.
    If I was just given 8 million pounds I don’t think I’d worry about working ever again

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    8 million quid pay off……my heart bleeds for him. Imagine the suffering
    What has money got to do with it?

Have you seen what he come out and said? He clearly has been affected by the abuse he's had, knows he wasn't wanted from day one etc.

I don't want Mick, but I wouldn't say "oh bless him he's had a big pay off get on with it" if he was sacked. They're still humans at the end of the day, at some point the line has to stop being crossed.

Call me a hypocrite after I've not been the nicest to MM but after all that's been said I wouldn't think "oh **** him he's had a payoff he's fine"

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If I was just given 8 million pounds I don’t think I’d worry about working ever again
    Whilst walking away, mopping his brow thinking “Thank f*ck for that”.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What has money got to do with it?

Have you seen what he come out and said? He clearly has been affected by the abuse he's had, knows he wasn't wanted from day one etc.

I don't want Mick, but I wouldn't say "oh bless him he's had a big pay off get on with it" if he was sacked. They're still humans at the end of the day, at some point the line has to stop being crossed.

Call me a hypocrite after I've not been the nicest to MM but after all that's been said I wouldn't think "oh **** him he's had a payoff he's fine"
    The relief must be overwhelming, I know they’re human beings but haven’t you ever had a shitty job, things going wrong, sleepless nights wondering how you’re going to put things right in the morning? When you’re in the construction game and the buck stops with you and any rectifying has to be done at your expense or you’re working out in your head how to get over the problem with minimum financial implications then it’s harrowing. Ok, the verbal and written abuse is dreadful, no doubt, but being rewarded with £8 million for failure, c’mon now. I’m sure, if you needed help Harley St is within financial reach rather than the Heath Hospital waiting room.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Whilst walking away, mopping his brow thinking “Thank f*ck for that”.
    Exactly….a fellow geordie treated like that….