+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Re: Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The relief must be overwhelming, I know they’re human beings but haven’t you ever had a shitty job, things going wrong, sleepless nights wondering how you’re going to put things right in the morning? When you’re in the construction game and the buck stops with you and any rectifying has to be done at your expense or you’re working out in your head how to get over the problem with minimum financial implications then it’s harrowing. Ok, the verbal and written abuse is dreadful, no doubt, but being rewarded with £8 million for failure, c’mon now. I’m sure, if you needed help Harley St is within financial reach rather than the Heath Hospital waiting room.
    No doubt he's relieved, and yes I understand the construction game although I am not liable for costs as I work for someone.
    I've had the same in jobs on the railway when I was supervisor and responsible for completing work, the pressure definitely gets to you and you learn a lot about what type of person you are, it was a big learning curve and I grew as a person.

I just don't think a manager getting a payoff means he can't have any feelings, it doesn't make the abuse go away they still feel it even with the money in the bank. They'll get over it but not in the short term.

Imagine being Cardiff City manager and the ccmb boys started saying mean things about you….. I for one would be mortified.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No doubt he's relieved, and yes I understand the construction game although I am not liable for costs as I work for someone.
    I've had the same in jobs on the railway when I was supervisor and responsible for completing work, the pressure definitely gets to you and you learn a lot about what type of person you are, it was a big learning curve and I grew as a person.

I just don't think a manager getting a payoff means he can't have any feelings, it doesn't make the abuse go away they still feel it even with the money in the bank. They'll get over it but not in the short term.
    Of course they’ve got feelings but it’s done, over, kaput. In most jobs you get peddled without a sausage for failure. Ok, he had abuse but in Bruce’s case I’m sure the accolades he had when playing and the bits of success as a manager he’s had far outweigh it. He had a fair old career, winning things left, right and centre and has been in the dug out as a manager a thousand times. He’s no rookie, he’s not new to the game, he knows what it’s all about, it goes with the territory. No bugger would become involved in football administration if they melted at the brickbats. Nigh on every manager takes the job with a fair old chance it’ll all end in tears, it’s no shock. I’m sure they balance things out. If the abuse has got to him it’s taken it’s time, a thousand games. £8 million pay off boo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Imagine being Cardiff City manager and the ccmb boys started saying mean things about you….. I for one would be mortified.
    Its not about a messageboard. Did you see Bruce's comments?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Of course they’ve got feelings but it’s done, over, kaput. In most jobs you get peddled without a sausage for failure. Ok, he had abuse but in Bruce’s case I’m sure the accolades he had when playing and the bits of success as a manager he’s had far outweigh it. He had a fair old career, winning things left, right and centre and has been in the dug out as a manager a thousand times. He’s no rookie, he’s not new to the game, he knows what it’s all about, it goes with the territory. No bugger would become involved in football administration if they melted at the brickbats. Nigh on every manager takes the job with a fair old chance it’ll all end in tears, it’s no shock. I’m sure they balance things out. If the abuse has got to him it’s taken it’s time, a thousand games. £8 million pay off boo hoo.
    My point is still the same, goats made a throwaway comment about it being OK because he had money.. I was pointing out it shouldn't matter. If he was abused and skint that wouldn't be OK? But it is because he does have a few quid.. That's all I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Its not about a messageboard. Did you see Bruce's comments?
    It was a joke.

I feel sorry for Bruce. He isn't antagonistic in the slightest and is a huge toon.No need to shit on him like some people obviously have.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Wow. ZERO clean sheets. Not even a 0-0 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It was a joke.

I feel sorry for Bruce. He isn't antagonistic in the slightest and is a huge toon.No need to shit on him like some people obviously have.
    I have no sympathy for him. He was obviously shit at his job, but he had no problem cashing the checks. He should be able to stand a bit of name-calling. He also apparently was OK with being publicly humiliated in return for a £7M payout. He's a multi-millionaire, has an armful of medals and has managed 1000 league games in the top two divisions. He has a wife and children and can now retire very comfortably at just 60. Life could be worse. A lot worse.