Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
The point is, its easy for clubs to find reasons to issue complaints about other teams

the swim away thing could well be harmless to most of us ( It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I see it as Football banter ) but we know it is done to wind up / be provocative / incite our fans, thats the whole purpose of it, we know that ( and I am sure you do ), so when the club complain about " feel the gesture is highly provocative and threatens to escalate tensions between the two sets of fans. " they are right, thats the purpose of it, just as the examples I have given were to wind up / provocative / incite the Jacks, just as Southampton fans did the aeroplane, the list goes on, they are all done for the same purpose and chosen to have maximum effect
I’m sure those 20 or so youngsters from port Talbot who are about 50 now, who got chased into the sea that night and pelted with pebbles by about 80 jacks are deeply disturbed by it still I find it funny as I was at that game and as about 500 of us walked back to the station those jacks wouldn’t come anywhere near us (even the swansea police were laughing at them) just went off looking for stragglers which they found in due course. Let them celebrate it