+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Congratulations on equalling a club record this evening

Congratulations on equalling a club record this evening

On Christmas day 1933 Tom Maidment scored against Coventry City in a 4-1 defeat. That brought about a seventh successive league defeat for the first, and only time in the club's history.

Until tonight.

This was the 7 defeats on the spin:

Norwich City A L 0-2
    Bristol City H L 1-5
    Leyton Orient A L 2-4
    Brighton and Hove Albion A L 0-4
    Luton Town A L 1-3
    Northampton Town H L 1-3
    Coventry City A L 1-4

In between we also managed to lose in the FA cup to Aldershot after a replay.

If we fail to score in our next 3 games we also create another club record :(

Re: Congratulations on equalling a club record this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we fail to score in our next 3 games we also create another club record :(
    It's a big ask, but I've every faith that this manager is capable of it. Shoot for the stars, Mick!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    It's a big ask, but I've every faith that this manager is capable of it. Shoot for the stars, Mick!
    Never in a million years did I think we would have a worse manager or team than the Durban years back in 1984. That's how far back we've gone. Thanks Mick, TC, Mehmet and Ken. Oh, and Ken, maybe you should go in the boardroom and give one of your speeches like you did on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So you were first.

Quote Originally Posted by CF23 Bluebird View Post
    Never in a million years did I think we would have a worse manager or team than the Durban years back in 1984. That's how far back we've gone. Thanks Mick, TC, Mehmet and Ken. Oh, and Ken, maybe you should go in the boardroom and give one of your speeches like you did on the bus
    No mention of Vincent? How dare you!

Tan Sri Vincent Tan said of the appointment: “I’d like to personally welcome Mick and Terry to our Football Club and wish them the very best of luck. I’ve enjoyed the brief talk I’ve had with Mick and I’m confident that he’s the right man to take on the responsibility of improving our performances and fortunes.”

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...t-team-manager

Tan Sri Vincent Tan said of the appointment: “I’d like to personally welcome Mick and Terry to our Football Club and wish them the very best of luck. I’ve enjoyed the brief talk I’ve had with Mick and I’m confident that he’s the right man to take on the responsibility of improving our performances and fortunes.”

How could it have gone so wrong? I can't understand it at all.

He did, for 10 games…….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He did, for 10 games…….
    Until he signed the two year contract the club fell over themselves to present him with - as is so often the case with this Board, fans can't be accused of being wise after the event by saying things like I just did, because there were plenty saying something similar at the time.

Tan has given this club enough money why should he spend good money after bad again ?

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    Tan has given this club enough money why should he spend good money after bad again ?
    Because he's created an infrastructure that has bollocksed up his investment.