Porthcawl, more renowned for Trecco Bay, a funfair at one end and Rest Bay at the other end, played host to Geordie folk-rockers Lindisfarne at the Grand Pavilion, with its big dome on the top of the building. Not the first time this band have played there, probably not the last either. Of course is not the same as it was, only Rod Clements survives in this band’s line up. However, the very mature audience were treated to an evening of all the favourites the band were renowned for in their heyday. If you wanted to forget about your troubles on the football field, and think about something else, then this was the answer.Two hours of honest musicians ploughing through songs such as “ Meet Me On The Corner”, Fog On The Tyne, Run For Home, and my own favourite, Lady Eleanor. Throw in a sprinkling of tracks from over the years, a lot which were written by the brilliant late Alan Hull, a good sing song in between, and there you have it.A really good feel good factor to end your Saturday evening. I just hope they come back this way, at some future date. I’ll be only too happy to go along.