+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back…..

Just got back…..

Positives:

My first game since Luton away in Feb 2020.
    Team selection and formation (hardly rocket science).
    Youngsters got a chance.
    More effort than recent games (a basic requirement for a professional footballer).
    Evans looked useful when he came on.
    Chris Wilder was in the stand. (fingers crossed)

Negatives:

Terrible football (not as boring as under Harris but still absolutely rubbish).
    Complete reliance on aimless long balls (not one player looks to get the ball down and pass it).
    Very passive until late in the game with little pressure applied to the opposition (see midfield in the first half).
    The contrast with the way that Fulham played (pass and move, ball on the floor, lots of movement, playing out from the back, almost never going long) was almost embarrassing.

Re: Just got back…..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Complete reliance on aimless long balls (not one player looks to get the ball down and pass it).
    Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nonsense.
    I was confused as I saw some encouraging posts in the match thread

Positive: if Josh Magennis hadn't skied a pelanty we could* have been in the bottom three.

*Hull would've gone 2-1 up, they later conceded and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Positive: if Josh Magennis hadn't skied a pelanty we could* have been in the bottom three.
    Positive: Derby have been docked twelve points. If they hadn't been, City would be in the bottom three.

How ironic that both you and TLG disagree!

I didn’t know that you were BOTH at the game? 😂😂😂

I didn’t know that you were BOTH at the game? ������
    I watched it on TV from the comfort of my sofa. The camera angle was good. I'm guessing you were stuck up in the corner of Craven Cottage? The view from there must have been shit if you think City relied on nothing but aimless long balls this evening.

That said, a fair percentage of your posts regarding the football are utter bollocks regardless of how you're viewing it, so your comments are pretty much par for the course.

How ironic that both you and TLG disagree!

I didn’t know that you were BOTH at the game? 😂😂😂
    I haven't disagreed. I said I was confused as others commenting said things like we tried to play pass etc. It's already been said I wasn't at the game.

Try not to reply to the poster, you've got your opinions about me but don't let that cloud every reply you make to me.

I simply said I was confused as others had a more positive and encouraging opinion in the match thread and it wasn't all long ball like you've posted. I don't know what's factual as I wasn't there, but our match threads have been damming lately, so if it was all hoof and no play I'd expect the same bombardment of comments we've seen for weeks, but for once there seemed to be a bit of positivity, why would people reply as such if it wasn't true? They'd just keep on bashing the long ball style surely..

Terrible football (not as boring as under Harris but still absolutely rubbish).
    The only football I’ve enjoyed watching since we got relegated was under Neil Harris.

We’ve scored 1 goal in 7 games.

Positive: Derby have been docked twelve points. If they hadn't been, City would be in the bottom three.
    The night just keeps getting better!

Anyone else getting docked points?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone else getting docked points?
    Reading, us?

I watched it on TV from the comfort of my sofa. The camera angle was good. I'm guessing you were stuck up in the corner of Craven Cottage? The view from there must have been shit if you think City relied on nothing but aimless long balls this evening.

That said, a fair percentage of your posts regarding the football are utter bollocks regardless of how you're viewing it, so your comments are pretty much par for the course.

So you weren’t there then?

Another useful post from you descending into personal insults. Thanks for that 😂😂😂😂

So you weren’t there then?
    No I wasn't there. I was sitting at home with a better view of the game than you.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reading, us?
    Who knows what is happening but i suspect our billionaire owner is not for putting any more money in to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Who knows what is happening but i suspect our billionaire owner is not for putting any more money in to the club.
    Why couldn't we have had those Saudi ****ers buy us? Shake your money-maker FFS Tan.. Need some action over here

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Why couldn't we have had those Saudi ****ers buy us? Shake your money-maker FFS Tan.. Need some action over here
    I know they’ve got a bottomless pit of money but for value I’d have thought that Sunderland would be the North Eastern club to buy. Massive support to match Newcastle but cheaper to buy and a more interesting project.