+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slimming World

Re: Slimming World

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    In the last 3 months I have completely changed my diet but I honestly didn't do it to lose weight.
    I've cut out potatoes Bread Pasta Rice and crisp as they are loaded with Carbs.
    As a diabetic carbs are your enemies once eaten your body turns them into sugar.
    I'd reached a point in my life when I knew I had to do something drastic as life had become shit.
    5 pisses a night completely ruins your sleeping pattern.
    Thrush is Facking horrible.
    Spots and infection under my armpits.
    I've gone from 16 stone to 14 stone 3.
    Your mind is programmed to think rice with curry pasta with meatballs sarnies for work. I still enjoy loads of food but substitute vegetables salads Cauliflower rice etc.
    Feel a million times better.
    You still cycling?

Pompey away we had a chat about such matters

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course you did
    I did
    I had my medical today. It's pretty comprehensive and we talk about diet for about 10 mons

You still cycling?

Pompey away we had a chat about such matters
    Sadly no mate exercise is the next step.
    I find cycling dangerous too many idiots on the road.
    Probably start my walking again

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I did
    I had my medical today. It's pretty comprehensive and we talk about diet for about 10 mons
    Forgive me if I find it hard to believe that today , the same day a discussion about rapid weight loss and the pros and cons etc took place on here you went to your doctor , got an appointment and discussed the same stuff we talked about today

It seems one heck of a coincidence

But if you say so ON

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Sadly no mate exercise is the next step.
    I find cycling dangerous too many idiots on the road.
    Probably start my walking again
    If you are popping out this way I know some great walks 🚶*♂️

Bluebirds !

Forgive me if I find it hard to believe that today , the same day a discussion about rapid weight loss and the pros and cons etc took place on here you went to your doctor , got an appointment and discussed the same stuff we talked about today

But if you say so ON
    I'm not really sure what to say. It was booked in months ago - I have to have one at least every 12 months. I didn't go to "my" doctor. My firm has an on-site clinic purely for the purpose of doing staff medicals so I went there, but the person who does the medical is a doctor. And of course we discuss diet. I have to complete a fairly thorough questionnaire about what I eat, drink, how I sleep, stress levels, my exercise etc before I go and obviously last time they observed a significant drop in my weight and fat and wanted to understand it, so he was interested to discuss whether the weight had stayed off.

People have medicals. Mine was today.

I'm not really sure what to say. It was booked in months ago - I have to have one at least every 12 months. I didn't go to "my" doctor. My firm has an on-site clinic purely for the purpose of doing staff medicals so I went there, but the person who does the medical is a doctor. And of course we discuss diet. I have to complete a fairly thorough questionnaire about what I eat, drink, how I sleep, stress levels, my exercise etc before I go and obviously last time they observed a significant drop in my weight and fat and wanted to understand it, so he was interested to discuss whether the weight had stayed off.

You don't have to justify yourself to sludge. On another note, do you play for Arsenal or something That's some stringent shit you have to go through.

But if you say so ON
    "I know best"
    "I know best"
    "I know best"

**Evidence to the contrary**

"You're lying"

Come on Sludge, you didn't used to be like this

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You don't have to justify yourself to sludge. On another note, do you play for Arsenal or something That's some stringent shit you have to go through.
    I know! No, the opposite, I have a sedantry desk job.

It does seem a bit OTT. I have to do press-up tests; treadmill; bike; flexibility; some sort of lung capacity test; bloods, urine tests; this insanely complex sound test; eye tests; the good old cough-and-drop and they even check your balls. But it is quite good really. Gives me a chance to mention all of the little things you dont' normally bother going to see the GP about, and they are willing to check pretty much anything you mention.

It's not something you pass or fail and the results are entirely confidential. As far as I can tell they do it just to encourage us to look after our health.

It does seem a bit OTT. I have to do press-up tests; treadmill; bike; flexibility; some sort of lung capacity test; bloods, urine tests; this insanely complex sound test; eye tests; the good old cough-and-drop and they even check your balls. But it is quite good really. Gives me a chance to mention all of the little things you dont' normally bother going to see the GP about, and they are willing to check pretty much anything you mention.

It's not something you pass or fail and the results are entirely confidential. As far as I can tell they do it just to encourage us to look after our health.
    I do something similar, although just lungs, eyes and ears (hearing) I get a bit paranoid over my employee having this kind of info on me. Are you happy about it?

the last time i went to the doctors was over 10 years ago apart from having my ears syringed by the nurse over there . so if you got nothing wrong with you they will do all that optimistic nick ? i don' t want to be a burden on the health service as theres porthcawl nothing wrong with me . does everyone here go for regular checks with the doctor ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    the last time i went to the doctors was over 10 years ago apart from having my ears syringed by the nurse over there . so if you got nothing wrong with you they will do all that optimistic nick ? i don' t want to be a burden on the health service as theres porthcawl nothing wrong with me . does everyone here go for regular checks with the doctor ?
    I have a sort of Mini Medical for work, it's a load of shit really. I haven't been to the doctors for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I have a sort of Mini Medical for work, it's a load of shit really. I haven't been to the doctors for 15 years.
    I wondered what Gillian McKeith was upto these days

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Would they syringe my ears? Don't know- but he did take a look and say it was "all clear", so presumably if it hadn't been he'd have booked me in to have it done. (Have you ever seen a video of it happening, by the way? Its one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen, up there with things like blackhead removal videos. God knows how I stumbled across them, but there is a whole section of tiktok devoted to it and it's fascinating!)

I totally agree about people not going for regular checks. I mean - why would you? But on the other hand, it is nice when it happens and you can talk things through and at least get peace of mind that you aren't falling apart. Like you, I'd never burden the NHS by requesting one but when there is an actual facility in the office geared up to do it then I'm really grateful for it. I should add that you can opt out of any part of it - loads of people don't want to do the push-up test for example.

And Tuerto- my employer doesn't get the data. It is entirely confidential. If they did get it.... I'm not sure I'd be that bothered to be honest. Although I probably wouldn't have gone out on Thurs night and had a skinful if they did get it- I'm sure it will show up in my blood test! I used to have the more basic test you mentioned - not sure if it as a result of age or seniority that the test changed to this half-day event!

I wonder how many other football message boards have five pages of Slimming World

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I wonder how many other football message boards have five pages of Slimming World
    Have you seen us playing recently ?

This is some light relief from the football..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Have you seen us playing recently ?

This is some light relief from the football..
    I was at Fulham, that was better than usual, but I wasn't complaining about a non-football thread. The diversity of subject matter is one of the things I enjoy about CCMB.

I used to work for a large company and they did health checks on you hearing eyesight general well being but I always thought it was info they kept to disprove a compensation claim.
    I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I was at Fulham, that was better than usual, but I wasn't complaining about a non-football thread. The diversity of subject matter is one of the things I enjoy about CCMB.
    The context doesn't always come through in the written word.

I am trying to prepare myself for todays offerings . Another car crash I fear.

I have to do this once per year as well, it’s one of the reasons I have to come home, I have a load of cardiac stuff during mine as well.

Mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by David Lemma View Post
    He's selling his book

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...-fast-800-diet