+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slimming World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Slimming World

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its not just a Diet though, its a lifestyle, you have support of others at the meeting, you can phone The group leader at any time for support ( they want you to stay as its another 5'er for them ) most will yo-yo a little, but thats the way it is, they are at the club for a reason, they were fat / fatter than they wanted to be and will likely like too much food / unhealthily food and that will always be around
    If it works for you, then great. There isn't a perfect diet that works for everyone and different things work for different people. But in my experience the people who do these club/subscription based diets all seem to accept that it's something you do for a bit; go back to normal; do it again etc. And I dont like that as a plan, especially where people are paying for it. And are you sure it's a lifestyle thing? Don't most stop when they reach their goal weight or whatever? And then go back to their "normal", which is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    If it works for you, then great. There isn't a perfect diet that works for everyone and different things work for different people. But in my experience the people who do these club/subscription based diets all seem to accept that it's something you do for a bit; go back to normal; do it again etc. And I dont like that as a plan, especially where people are paying for it. And are you sure it's a lifestyle thing? Don't most stop when they reach their goal weight or whatever? And then go back to their "normal", which is the problem.
    Oh I dont do it myself, a few of my wife's friends do it

from what I know, the successful ones dont just stop, in fact I think if you are within a few lb ( might be 3 either side from memory and that might be slimming world ? ? ? ) of your target you dont pay for the sessions ( which encourages the people who have hit target weight to continue to attend )

A friend of mine has been doing Slimming World for nearly 7 years and is bigger now than when she started. The concept doesn't seem at all scientific to me. It's universally known that to lose weight you need to intake less calories than you expend and as good as exercise is realistically you need to reduce your calorie intake over a period of time to lose weight.

Slimming World have this idea of not referring to calories at all but use some kind of points system and allow a certain amount of what they call "syns". The problem is for example my friend has absolutely no idea what her calorie intake is from day to day and uses her "syns" to justify eating cakes, bread and Knickerbocker Glories!!! Her response to everything is ...'its free on Slimming World"