+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slimming World

Re: Slimming World

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Mozzer Plan

When's the book out ?
    Why don't you just let it go, just on one thread. Give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Wow Mate...Well Done!
    How long did it take?
    Done a few months short of a year

Quote Originally Posted by David Lemma View Post
    Done a few months short of a year
    Great achievement!

It really isn't (not healthy)..it's quite a common rate to lose at.
    Indeed. At the start, a lot of it is water anyway.

It's very healthy. I wasn't starving myself, I was maybe 200 calories below maintenance.

Lol saying that doesn't make your opinions that of an NHS dietician 😅 I would be quite confident I am more well read on it than you and my access to advice from Fellows of the Royal College of Physicians is better than yours.😆👍
    My opinions are those of NHS dieticians gabbs

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Why don't you just let it go, just on one thread. Give it a go.
    Well mozzers regime is far better than rapid weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Indeed. At the start, a lot of it is water anyway.

It's very healthy. I wasn't starving myself, I was maybe 200 calories below maintenance.
    Well NHS dieticians say one pound a week is the appropriate level of weight loss ......down to sensible eating and exercise

That's my marker

Well NHS dieticians say one pound a week is the appropriate level of weight loss ......down to sensible eating and exercise

That's my marker
    Great- whatever works for you, works for you.

It doesn't make my approach unhealthy though. I took 200 calories a day out of my diet, dropped the booze and cut out all but the best carbs. The result was rapid fat loss and a vast increase in mental and physical health. I have a fairly comprehensive medical every six months (I've got one this afternoon actually) and they would let me know if there was a problem.

There is also nothing wrong with daily weigh ins either- on the contrary I found it very motivating. And my scales test for muscle mass, fat percentage etc. Obviously the readings themselves are probably inaccurate but I think the daily directional movements do give you a good idea as to what is happening ie whether you are gaining or losing fat/muscle/water.

That's my marker
    It depends on how much fat a person has. If a person is morbidly obese then a losing a pound a week would be positive, but very easy to do. If someone is a stone over their healthy weight, then a pound of fat a week is more realistic and achievable. It's horses for courses.As a guide, look at the weight range guide on the NHS website. I could be as low as 9.5 stone and still be considered healthy, although I wouldn't be due to muscle mass and age. The NHS are fantastic, but they do a one size fits all system at times. A person who is 5,6,7 stone overweight should be losing more than a pound a week. When it gets down toward the final leg of the weight loss, the fat will become harder to shift.

Are you basing this on any research ?

Because if you are then I am certain that NHS dieticians would have heard of it

One pound a week is what they say is the right rate of weight loss

So 4 pounds , if we are accepting these people know what they are talking about , is clearly not
    Do you know why they recommend 1lb a week?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Do you know why they recommend 1lb a week?
    Because its safe achievable and avoids crash dieting

Because its safe achievable and avoids crash dieting
    They 'Reccomend ' that doesn't mean that it's right for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Does it work?

Almost every person I know that has lost the weight has put it back on.
    Think the only way out is keeping fit , watching what you do , try a good ( mother ) apple cider vinegar drink every morning https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Eat porridge as it stays in your body longer as a slow burner, don't eat late at night , try drinking an oat based drink before bed

Running for Weight Loss

Base run: short to moderate-length runs at natural pace and not meant to be overly challenging.
    EG: 5 miles at your natural pace.

Progression run: This workout is designed to start at your natural pace / end a bit faster. EG: 5 miles at your natural pace, 1 mile at a faster pace.

Long run: eventually increase your distance as you endurance does .
    Intervals: bursts of sprints / separated by lower jogging or walking. EG: 5 sets of 100-meter sprints followed by 20-minute jogs.
    T
    t
    Tempo run: for beginners’ weight loss, as it encourages the fastest pace , sustain for the longest time possible.

Run / walk early in the morning its brilliant this time of the year

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think the only way out is keeping fit , watching what you do , try a good ( mother ) apple cider vinegar drink every morning https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Eat porridge as it stays in your body longer as a slow burner, don't eat late at night , try drinking an oat based drink before bed

Running for Weight Loss

Base run: short to moderate-length runs at natural pace and not meant to be overly challenging.
    EG: 5 miles at your natural pace.

Progression run: This workout is designed to start at your natural pace / end a bit faster. EG: 5 miles at your natural pace, 1 mile at a faster pace.

Long run: eventually increase your distance as you endurance does .
    Intervals: bursts of sprints / separated by lower jogging or walking. EG: 5 sets of 100-meter sprints followed by 20-minute jogs.
    T
    t
    Tempo run: for beginners’ weight loss, as it encourages the fastest pace , sustain for the longest time possible.

Run / walk early in the morning its brilliant this time of the year
    base run for me is 3 miles at a natural pace with exercise in between . perfect for me

off now for my usual Friday afternoon run around east Cardiff !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    base run for me is 3 miles at a natural pace with exercise in between . perfect for me

off now for my usual Friday afternoon run around east Cardiff !
    You aren't that fella I've seen running barefoot around st mellons carrying what appears to be a log are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    One pound a week is what they say is the right rate of weight loss
    It's *a* safe rate, that's not or hasn't been disputed but it certainly isn't a universally right rate of weight loss. You may have life enhancing or saving surgery requiring being under a certain weight to lose or may have any number of other circumstances affecting what may be - the right - and safe rate for your individual requirements, 1lb a week may not be the required rate for all.

And as for whether people weigh more after transformational weight loss - yes I would say I would be shocked to find the one that doesn't (although they can exist). In that you have to count numbers of people who weigh more than the end of the transformation but their body composition is fair better than previously; also include consideration that should someone be losing a transformational amount of weight they won't have done it by halves and the end weight will likely be them at their slenderest of norms.

Weight loss is fantastic, but if you don't deal with the underlying psychological issues that caused you to overeat, you're likely to be back in the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    OK, go down to see your doctor tell him or her you are losing 4 pound a week

You are either ill or on a crash diet

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You aren't that fella I've seen running barefoot around st mellons carrying what appears to be a log are you?
    That's not a log old chap

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you won't see me venturing around st mellons i get to trowbridge then i turn back

OK, go down to see your doctor tell him or her you are losing 4 pound a week

You are either ill or on a crash diet
    Just did. He said I'm perfectly healthy with far better stats than 2 years ago. My muscle mass was measured and is essentially unchanged but my body fat is down from 26% to 18%. My BMR is 50 lower than it was before this "crash diet".

I asked him if it was unhealthy to lose the fat so fast. He said evidently not.

In the last 3 months I have completely changed my diet but I honestly didn't do it to lose weight.
    I've cut out potatoes Bread Pasta Rice and crisp as they are loaded with Carbs.
    As a diabetic carbs are your enemies once eaten your body turns them into sugar.
    I'd reached a point in my life when I knew I had to do something drastic as life had become shit.
    5 pisses a night completely ruins your sleeping pattern.
    Thrush is Facking horrible.
    Spots and infection under my armpits.
    I've gone from 16 stone to 14 stone 3.
    Your mind is programmed to think rice with curry pasta with meatballs sarnies for work. I still enjoy loads of food but substitute vegetables salads Cauliflower rice etc.
    Feel a million times better.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    In the last 3 months I have completely changed my diet but I honestly didn't do it to lose weight.
    I've cut out potatoes Bread Pasta Rice and crisp as they are loaded with Carbs.
    As a diabetic carbs are your enemies once eaten your body turns them into sugar.
    I'd reached a point in my life when I knew I had to do something drastic as life had become shit.
    5 pisses a night completely ruins your sleeping pattern.
    Thrush is Facking horrible.
    Spots and infection under my armpits.
    I've gone from 16 stone to 14 stone 3.
    Your mind is programmed to think rice with curry pasta with meatballs sarnies for work. I still enjoy loads of food but substitute vegetables salads Cauliflower rice etc.
    Feel a million times better.
    Great work. Cauliflower is a brilliant veg.

The other big problem food is beer- it's liquid bread with the added down side of alcohol.

Great work. Cauliflower is a brilliant veg.

The other big problem food is beer- it's liquid bread with the added down side of alcohol.
    I like a drink but never through the week.
    Pilsner is good and wine not too bad.
    As I've got older I struggle to drink in the house.
    Just on social occasions now football pub quiz on the weekend.

Just did. He said I'm perfectly healthy with far better stats than 2 years ago. My muscle mass was measured and is essentially unchanged but my body fat is down from 26% to 18%. My BMR is 50 lower than it was before this "crash diet".

I asked him if it was unhealthy to lose the fat so fast. He said evidently not.
    Of course you did