+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Slimming World

Re: Slimming World

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I was thinking of Weight Watchers, not Slimming World. I don't have experience of Slimming World.
    apology accepted

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That suggests that these diets don't work as you have lost a lot in 8 weeks and put a lot of it back on
    Sludge, i was never going to stay at 10 st 10, i don't have the shape. I weigh in now between 11 and 11st 2. That shows that it does work if you maintain a sensible diet.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sludge i donít agree at all.

Depends on individual people and how itís done

4lb a week is perfectly healthy for the body itís just whether the mind can cope
    Are you basing this on any research ?

Because if you are then I am certain that NHS dieticians would have heard of it

One pound a week is what they say is the right rate of weight loss

So 4 pounds , if we are accepting these people know what they are talking about , is clearly not

One of the problems with losing too much weight in a week is your likely to be losing muscle as well which isnt great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    One of the problems with losing too much weight in a week is your likely to be losing muscle as well which isnt great.
    Indeed

It's not good for you

Boxers and body builders starve themselves before a competition but they have plenty of muscle density in back up

Lol saying that doesn't make your opinions that of an NHS dietician 😅 I would be quite confident I am more well read on it than you and my access to advice from Fellows of the Royal College of Physicians is better than yours.😆👍

Indeed

It's not good for you

Boxers and body builders starve themselves before a competition but they have plenty of muscle density in back up
    Don't worry about muscle wastage if you are fat enough for your body fat % to be a problem. The muscle wastage will become a problem well after you have lost the weight. Also muscle wastage can be minimised to a degree with exercise.

I went from 17 and a bit stone to 10 and a half stone, and I'm 11 stone 5 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lemma View Post
    I went from 17 and a bit stone to 10 and a half stone, and I'm 11 stone 5 months later.
    Wow Mate...Well Done!
    How long did it take?

I lost 3 stone in 6 months during lockdown by calorie counting on My Fitness Pal. I donít really need to do it now but I still do, Iíve put on about 2lbs in over a year so Iím not concerned!

The biggest thing I learnt was portion control and what foods are high in calories etc. I could eat what I wanted, within reason, so I never craved anything. Cutting out the booze was a big thing! Itís helped me make actual lasting changes rather than a fad diet etc

The Mozzer Plan

When's the book out ?
    Why don't you just let it go, just on one thread. Give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Wow Mate...Well Done!
    How long did it take?
    Done a few months short of a year

Done a few months short of a year
    Great achievement!

It really isn't (not healthy)..it's quite a common rate to lose at.
    Indeed. At the start, a lot of it is water anyway.

It's very healthy. I wasn't starving myself, I was maybe 200 calories below maintenance.

Lol saying that doesn't make your opinions that of an NHS dietician 😅 I would be quite confident I am more well read on it than you and my access to advice from Fellows of the Royal College of Physicians is better than yours.😆👍
    My opinions are those of NHS dieticians gabbs

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Why don't you just let it go, just on one thread. Give it a go.
    Well mozzers regime is far better than rapid weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Indeed. At the start, a lot of it is water anyway.

It's very healthy. I wasn't starving myself, I was maybe 200 calories below maintenance.
    Well NHS dieticians say one pound a week is the appropriate level of weight loss ......down to sensible eating and exercise

That's my marker

Well NHS dieticians say one pound a week is the appropriate level of weight loss ......down to sensible eating and exercise

That's my marker
    Great- whatever works for you, works for you.

It doesn't make my approach unhealthy though. I took 200 calories a day out of my diet, dropped the booze and cut out all but the best carbs. The result was rapid fat loss and a vast increase in mental and physical health. I have a fairly comprehensive medical every six months (I've got one this afternoon actually) and they would let me know if there was a problem.

There is also nothing wrong with daily weigh ins either- on the contrary I found it very motivating. And my scales test for muscle mass, fat percentage etc. Obviously the readings themselves are probably inaccurate but I think the daily directional movements do give you a good idea as to what is happening ie whether you are gaining or losing fat/muscle/water.

That's my marker
    It depends on how much fat a person has. If a person is morbidly obese then a losing a pound a week would be positive, but very easy to do. If someone is a stone over their healthy weight, then a pound of fat a week is more realistic and achievable. It's horses for courses.As a guide, look at the weight range guide on the NHS website. I could be as low as 9.5 stone and still be considered healthy, although I wouldn't be due to muscle mass and age. The NHS are fantastic, but they do a one size fits all system at times. A person who is 5,6,7 stone overweight should be losing more than a pound a week. When it gets down toward the final leg of the weight loss, the fat will become harder to shift.

Are you basing this on any research ?

One pound a week is what they say is the right rate of weight loss

So 4 pounds , if we are accepting these people know what they are talking about , is clearly not
    Do you know why they recommend 1lb a week?