+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slimming World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Slimming World

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Indeed. At the start, a lot of it is water anyway.

It's very healthy. I wasn't starving myself, I was maybe 200 calories below maintenance.
    Well NHS dieticians say one pound a week is the appropriate level of weight loss ......down to sensible eating and exercise

That's my marker

Re: Slimming World

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well NHS dieticians say one pound a week is the appropriate level of weight loss ......down to sensible eating and exercise

That's my marker
    Great- whatever works for you, works for you.

It doesn't make my approach unhealthy though. I took 200 calories a day out of my diet, dropped the booze and cut out all but the best carbs. The result was rapid fat loss and a vast increase in mental and physical health. I have a fairly comprehensive medical every six months (I've got one this afternoon actually) and they would let me know if there was a problem.

There is also nothing wrong with daily weigh ins either- on the contrary I found it very motivating. And my scales test for muscle mass, fat percentage etc. Obviously the readings themselves are probably inaccurate but I think the daily directional movements do give you a good idea as to what is happening ie whether you are gaining or losing fat/muscle/water.