+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Manager Betting Suspended?

Next Manager Betting Suspended?

The odds have disappeared off SkyBet. Announcement in the morning?

Re: Next Manager Betting Suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    The odds have disappeared off SkyBet. Announcement in the morning?
    Those markets are usually suspended overnight, they won’t have the staff to monitor any bets placed and alter the odds accordingly.

The markets are a terrible way to gauge what's going on. Yeah they often get it right 24 hours before an appointment, but the two weeks before that are often a mess and you don't know when the magic 24 hours is going to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The markets are a terrible way to gauge what's going on. Yeah they often get it right 24 hours before an appointment, but the two weeks before that are often a mess and you don't know when the magic 24 hours is going to arrive.
    Wasn’t Harris the red hot fav for a while before they announced him? That’s what concerns me with Flynn but surely the club aren’t that stupid

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wasn’t Harris the red hot fav for a while before they announced him? That’s what concerns me with Flynn but surely the club aren’t that stupid
    I don't know what you've seen that would ever suggest that they arent

don't remember there being too many other likely candidates at that time

The book is open again and Flynns odds have shortened to 4/11.

Oh….oh they are. At least he will finally get to manage in league 1

My guess is that these manager betting markets are tiny and so the odds are driven down by fairly modest stakes on one candidate. I doubt there is much science behind the pricing, more just the bookies trying to balance the book.

But if the last few appointments are anything to go by, an underwhelming candidate is going to be the most likely winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    My guess is that these manager betting markets are tiny and so the odds are driven down by fairly modest stakes on one candidate. I doubt there is much science behind the pricing, more just the bookies trying to balance the book.
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The book is open again and Flynns odds have shortened to 4/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

But if the last few appointments are anything to go by, an underwhelming candidate is going to be the most likely winner.
    Yes I imagine there have been a fair few bets on Flynn that have driven his price down

At least that's what I hope