+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Isaac Vassell: Striker could have played last game for Cardiff City after further injury problems

Isaac Vassell: Striker could have played last game for Cardiff City after further injury problems

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60375591

Cardiff City striker Isaac Vassell could have played his last game for the club because of yet more injury problems.

Re: Isaac Vassell: Striker could have played last game for Cardiff City after further injury problems

It's a terrible shame, really. I was pleased with signing but obviously never worked out.

Re: Isaac Vassell: Striker could have played last game for Cardiff City after further injury problems

He's only played 89 minutes for us in three years. That has to be some kind of record for a player who hasn't been sent out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He's only played 89 minutes for us in three years. That has to be some kind of record for a player who hasn't been sent out on loan.
    I knew he'd played very little and would have said four/five competitive games, so I'm very surprised at that info.

I wonder if there's a clause in his contract that says that the club will only pay a percentage of his wages if he's injured?

The transfer fee works out as £22,247 per minute played.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The transfer fee works out as £22,247 per minute played.
    No words.

It has been an incredible run of injuries for Isaac Vassell, I hope he can get himself sorted out and back in the game somewhere. Terribly sad for him to have shown some promise and not been able to develop into his peak years due to so many injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It's a terrible shame, really. I was pleased with signing but obviously never worked out.
    How could anyone be pleased with the signing? He had a dreadful injury record before signing for us.

At least he’s matched Gary Madine for goals scored at Cardiff City.
    Another great Warnock signing. To think what we could do with that money now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    How could anyone be pleased with the signing? He had a dreadful injury record before signing for us.
    Maybe so, but he's so good to his mother.

Sadly massively predictable when he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It has been an incredible run of injuries for Isaac Vassell, I hope he can get himself sorted out and back in the game somewhere. Terribly sad for him to have shown some promise and not been able to develop into his peak years due to so many injuries.

This injury should not be a surprise to anyone who has worked in coaching, or had experience in dealing with player sports injuries. I hinted at a likelihood of re-injury and a "no return" just a few months ago, and tried to give an insight into the thinking behind that assessment.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hlight=vassell

It was receptive to some readers it seems, but less so others. It really boils down to the points made in the post. It is a simple checklist, yet comprehensive and an effective way. Whenever you see injured players, you just have to look at those factors and you can assign reasonable guesses to the likelihood of injury reoccurrence. As a coach at a club wanting game time out of that player, and as a paying club wanting a return on your money in terms of player output, it is the objective way in which you should assess things.

This was a poor assessment by the coach who signed him. If I could see it at the start, and I could see it again a few months ago, the club's medical experts should also have seen it. Hope is not a strategy.

Unlike Vassel, Madine never scored for Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    At least he’s matched Gary Madine for goals scored at Cardiff City.
    Another great Warnock signing. To think what we could do with that money now!
    Unlike Vassel, Madine never scored for Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    This injury should not be a surprise to anyone who has worked in coaching, or had experience in dealing with player sports injuries. I hinted at a likelihood of re-injury and a "no return" just a few months ago, and tried to give an insight into the thinking behind that assessment.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hlight=vassell

It was receptive to some readers it seems, but less so others. It really boils down to the points made in the post. It is a simple checklist, yet comprehensive and an effective way. Whenever you see injured players, you just have to look at those factors and you can assign reasonable guesses to the likelihood of injury reoccurrence. As a coach at a club wanting game time out of that player, and as a paying club wanting a return on your money in terms of player output, it is the objective way in which you should assess things.

This was a poor assessment by the coach who signed him. If I could see it at the start, and I could see it again a few months ago, the club's medical experts should also have seen it. Hope is not a strategy.
    I agree it's not a surprise but that makes it no less fortunate for him to have seen his career derailed so spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I agree it's not a surprise but that makes it no less fortunate for him to have seen his career derailed so spectacularly.
    Can't argue with that. Theoretically, he should be in his physical prime and peak earnings. The fella will be gutted. Story reminds me so much of my old hero Marco Van Basten, who around the same age of 26-27, started to hit repeated injuries. By 29 he was finished.

Feel sorry for the lad he must want to play .

I can recall anyone else at the City having such a long period out .

Issac has worse record than the infamous Winston Bogarde who managed just nine games for Chelsea in 4 years on £40k a week , he never suffered a wage cut, just saw his contract out.

I wonder about Kieffer Moore he always seems to be injured these days ,perhaps that was a good move for us ?