+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mick cant go were skint

Mick cant go were skint

Is it as awful WOL report its all about the money

"" Close on a dozen senior stars are in the final year of their contracts, Vincent Tan's business empire has been so badly hit by Covid that money is unlikely to be forthcoming in the January transfer window.

Three court cases hang over Tan - Emiliano Sala, Sam Hammam pushing for £15million in a dispute over his Presidency rights and another one involving former director Michael Issac.

That's a potential £40m-plus cost in total. Plus legal fees, which won't come cheap.
    ""

Add to this a new manager costs , payout of current one .

Perhaps we should put Mick on gardening leave to avoid compensation and new backroom staff /players and promote Steve Morison

Re: Mick cant go were skint

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is it as awful WOL report its all about the money

"" Close on a dozen senior stars are in the final year of their contracts, Vincent Tan's business empire has been so badly hit by Covid that money is unlikely to be forthcoming in the January transfer window.

Three court cases hang over Tan - Emiliano Sala, Sam Hammam pushing for £15million in a dispute over his Presidency rights and another one involving former director Michael Issac.

That's a potential £40m-plus cost in total. Plus legal fees, which won't come cheap.
    ""

Add to this a new manager costs , payout of current one .

Perhaps we should put Mick on gardening leave to avoid compensation and new backroom staff /players and promote Steve Morison
    I think you missed this bit from the article:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...d-yet-21928168

Paying him off shouldn't be an issue as Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman tends to be quite shrewd with inserting break clauses in these kind of deals.

Of course that is just Paul Abbandonato speculating, so maybe a worthless opinion.

I’m not sure why the delay is but I don’t think we can afford to keep him in charge.

We could crowd fund and pay off his 18 months which is probably £1.4 million , or put him on gardening leave or leave him be to just keep us up .

Were skint? We are skint!

Clubs gonna have to make a raise then because MM has lost the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Clubs gonna have to make a raise then because MM has lost the fans.
    Or just promote from within and put him on gardening leave.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Or just promote from within and put him on gardening leave.
    I think most fans would go along with that.

At some point they will have to though. What cost relegation?

There is nothing stopping the club relieving Mick of his duties, and placing someone else in charge. If this is done from within (Morison, for example), then it shouldn't cost the club anything extra, until the situation is made permanent.

He still has to be paid on gardening leave and he'll still get full pay, if he's sacked he still gets full pay, which will be paid over the length of his contract. theres no difference, unless I'm mistaken. Just get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think you missed this bit from the article:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...d-yet-21928168

Paying him off shouldn't be an issue as Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman tends to be quite shrewd with inserting break clauses in these kind of deals.

Of course that is just Paul Abbandonato speculating, so maybe a worthless opinion.
    I often think Paul Abbanxdonato has a source from within the City hierarchy - based on that quote, it’s Mehmet Dalman…………allegedly

We are owned, bankrolled and "being run" ultimately by a wealthy set in his ways businessman who laid it explicitly out that if we wanted the biggest interest we could possibly get from him we needed to adopt his dragon identity and colour red. There have been prospectuses made in attempts to interest bids for the club in years gone by, before the huge worldshifter of covid came along. He is still wealthy and we are still in his portfolio and being bankrolled by him to a tidy amount. These are to be interesting years up ahead. The league position will be of great concern to Tan and his decision making with regards needing new management will be as ever to the largest degree be influenced by league position and where we are in the season. The fuse is burning with every match and he won't be ultimately I would believe adverse to making the decision to change manager on account of liking Mccarthy or cost. Is the cost of saying goodbye to Mccarthy be it big or limited by clever clauses by Dalman, more than the potential loss to the value of his investment in the club? No. He will be thinking Mccarthy is a throughly decent chap seemingly capable of running a clubs footballing operations, but gawd, look at this table, of that there should be no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I often think Paul Abbanxdonato has a source from within the City hierarchy - based on that quote, it’s Mehmet Dalman…………allegedly
    If there is such a break clause then it is probably if we are in the relegation zone.

What's Richie Morgan doing these days?

Worked wonders one upon a time

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    If there is such a break clause then it is probably if we are in the relegation zone.
    By xmas - gives McCarthy something to work for then good xmas

First Team

Why don't they just send him and TC on gardening leave? No big lump sum necessary.

Putting someone on garden leave means they just don’t come in to work and you won’t allow them to work for anyone else.
    You don’t actually save anything you still pay him what you do now every month.
    Unless he has a hefty win bonus which means you save that I guess.

Just reading the other parts of it.

That Sam Hammam is a bit of a prick isn’t he?
    Still sniffing around for cash after all the shite he’s caused in the past??

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Putting someone on garden leave means they just don’t come in to work and you won’t allow them to work for anyone else.
    You don’t actually save anything you still pay him what you do now every month.
    Unless he has a hefty win bonus which means you save that I guess.

Just reading the other parts of it.

That Sam Hammam is a bit of a prick isn’t he?
    Still sniffing around for cash after all the shite he’s caused in the past??
    But, but, Sam and Issacs love the club, well its monetary gain ?

"Oh, and fans' favourites Neil Warnock and Sol Bamba return to South Wales with Middlesbrough this weekend looking to pile on more misery.

Before and after the match those two will be afforded a rapturous ovation. Rightly so, too. Club idols the pair of them."

Fair enough as far as Sol is concerned (I think Lee Peltier will get a good reception as well), but is Warnock really as popular with City fans as the writer makes out? He's certainly not with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    He still has to be paid on gardening leave and he'll still get full pay, if he's sacked he still gets full pay, which will be paid over the length of his contract. theres no difference, unless I'm mistaken. Just get rid.
    We would still have to promote Morison and his sidekick and backfill them. Although cheaper, will this have a negative affect on our emerging U23s who are doing very well?

"Oh, and fans' favourites Neil Warnock and Sol Bamba return to South Wales with Middlesbrough this weekend looking to pile on more misery.

Before and after the match those two will be afforded a rapturous ovation. Rightly so, too. Club idols the pair of them."

Fair enough as far as Sol is concerned (I think Lee Peltier will get a good reception as well), but is Warnock really as popular with City fans as the writer makes out? He's certainly not with this one.
    He has a lot of faults but he will forever rank among my favourites if not my favourite city manager.

I think that the break clause theory is a credible explanation for why McCarthy has been let go.
    It could be related to league position, number of consecutive defeats or driven by time, but either way, it could be the reason why he hasn’t gone yet.

One thing i love about this club is the lack of controversy

Somehow there's still a sizeable portion of fans who love Warnock, despite him playing a huge role in creating our current mess